PDA

View Full Version : Ron wins new Hampshire young republican straw poll

muzzled dogg
08-20-2011, 01:58 PM
Ron wins new Hampshire young republican straw poll

Ron Paul Wins NH Straw Poll http://hampton-northhampton.patch.com/articles/nh-straw-poll-winners

Anti Federalist
08-20-2011, 02:00 PM
You guys rock.

Got numbers or percentages?

muzzled dogg
08-20-2011, 02:01 PM
45% Ron
Romney10%

Forget rest

Anti Federalist
08-20-2011, 02:01 PM
45% Ron
Romney10%

Forget rest

Lolz!

netwalker
08-20-2011, 02:02 PM
WOOT! Do you have a link?

ALSO,

I believe I just saw your name pop up on the ticker. Cheers for that!

CasualApathy
08-20-2011, 02:02 PM
.... media doesn't care...?

Won't matter if he keeps winning though.

Dlynne
08-20-2011, 02:03 PM
Congratulations, such wonderful news!

CasualApathy
08-20-2011, 02:04 PM
Yea, Gratz :)

CaptUSA
08-20-2011, 02:04 PM
If you can find an article, we can push it...

Maybe it will gain a few extra donations for the moneybomb.

JohnGalt23g
08-20-2011, 02:05 PM
.... media doesn't care...?

Won't matter if he keeps winning though.

I suspect this is the type of thing local NH media will just eat up.

Local media is the key at this stage of the game, guys and gals. Keep that in mind.

NH Paulbearers, you guys rock!!

dirtfarmerz
08-20-2011, 02:09 PM
That is AWESOME considering Ron Paul wasn't even there! lol

PeteinLA
08-20-2011, 02:10 PM
Haha, thats great. It looked like a fun event.

ericams2786
08-20-2011, 02:18 PM
Here's an article on this:

http://hampton-northhampton.patch.com/articles/republican-straw-poll-results

sailingaway
08-20-2011, 02:18 PM
added link to OP http://hampton-northhampton.patch.com/articles/nh-straw-poll-winners

sailingaway
08-20-2011, 02:19 PM
Here's an article on this:

http://hampton-northhampton.patch.com/articles/republican-straw-poll-results

welcome to the forums!

ericams2786
08-20-2011, 02:23 PM
welcome to the forums!

Thank you very much! I've been a Paul supporter since the 2007 primaries and this is the first time I've ever fully gotten behind a campaign, ever. I even donated today in the moneybomb, the first time I've ever donated to a campaign. I honestly believe that Ron Paul is our Cicero and if we don't listen to this man, we will go the way of the Romans. I don't want to be one of the millions of sheep looking back decades from now going "no one warned us, no one told us this would happen". The man telling us is Ron Paul and we need to wake the fuck up in this country!

blabam
08-20-2011, 02:25 PM
Thank you very much! I've been a Paul supporter since the 2007 primaries and this is the first time I've ever fully gotten behind a campaign, ever. I even donated today in the moneybomb, the first time I've ever donated to a campaign. I honestly believe that Ron Paul is our Cicero and if we don't listen to this man, we will go the way of the Romans. I don't want to be one of the millions of sheep looking back decades from now going "no one warned us, no one told us this would happen". The man telling us is Ron Paul and we need to wake the fuck up in this country!

+rep

CasualApathy
08-20-2011, 02:26 PM

+rep
Well you certainly made a nice entrance ;) the rep is well deserved for those inspiring words, thank you and welcome :)

samforpaul
08-20-2011, 02:35 PM
Today's Young Republican's NH Straw Poll: 302 ballots cast

Paul 45%
Romney 10
Perry 8
McCotter 8
Johnson 6
Bachmann 6
Cain 5
Roemer 3
Santorum 3

a January NH Straw Poll 273 ballots cast

Romney 35%
Paul 11
Pawlenty 8
Palin 7
Bachmann 5
DeMint 5
Cain 4
Christie 3
Santorum 3

"He's catch' on..."

Agorism
08-20-2011, 02:36 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/20/ron-paul-new-hampshire-straw-poll_n_932210.html#comments

ericams2786
08-20-2011, 02:40 PM
+rep
Well you certainly made a nice entrance ;) the rep is well deserved for those inspiring words, thank you and welcome :)

Well you know what Cicero said:

"Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error."

I kind of read this as:

"Any [country] can make mistakes, but only an idiot [populace] persists in [their] error."

Honestly we have willingly given up our freedoms and liberties in the pursuit of "safety" and handouts.

I'm always reminded of this when I think of the hard work of Dr. Paul:

Leaving the Constitutional Convention, Benjamin Franklin was asked, “What kind of country did you give us Mr. Franklin?” Franklin eloquently answered, “A Republic, Madam, if you can keep it.”

We very clearly have not been able to keep it. If we can't get someone as honest and willing to follow the Constitution as Paul into office this time around, honestly we deserve to lose our Republic. That's why I'm fully on board this time.

CaptUSA
08-20-2011, 02:43 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/20/ron-paul-new-hampshire-straw-poll_n_932210.html#comments

Great! Let's push this to Drudge! It would have been nice if they mentioned the moneybomb, but let's get it to Drudge regardless...

CasualApathy
08-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Well you know what Cicero said:

"Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error."

I kind of read this as:

"Any [country] can make mistakes, but only an idiot [populace] persists in [their] error."

Honestly we have willingly given up our freedoms and liberties in the pursuit of "safety" and handouts.

I'm always reminded of this when I think of the hard work of Dr. Paul:

Leaving the Constitutional Convention, Benjamin Franklin was asked, “What kind of country did you give us Mr. Franklin?” Franklin eloquently answered, “A Republic, Madam, if you can keep it.”

We very clearly have not been able to keep it. If we can't get someone as honest and willing to follow the Constitution as Paul into office this time around, honestly we deserve to lose our Republic. That's why I'm fully on board this time.

I think a lot about it in terms of a constant struggle between reason and human nature as well, because in many ways I think it's still coded into our genetics to want this strong leader taking care of us, and I think we give ourselves as a species too much credit in being able to rise above our basic nature and instincts. People need to be enlightened in order for a free society to be viable, they need to know that it is in their best interest, because when it comes right down to it I believe people will always seek the "easy way out" no matter the morality of the system, because most people really just want to live as happy and as carefree lives as possible.

RileyE104
08-20-2011, 03:04 PM
State Sen. Jim Forsythe spoke on behalf of Paul.

NICE, do we have that guy's endorsement? I imagine it would help in NH.

IndianaPolitico
08-20-2011, 03:09 PM
NICE, do we have that guy's endorsement? I imagine it would help in NH.

He is Ron Paul's NH campaign chairman.

matt0611
08-20-2011, 04:14 PM
amazing, amazing

TexMac
08-20-2011, 04:23 PM
Another article:

http://www.huntingtonnews.net/7990

FreeTraveler
08-20-2011, 04:30 PM
So 45% of the active young republicans in New Hampshire have a serious libertarian bent. That bodes well for a lot more than just RP's campaign. Great news!

sailingaway
08-20-2011, 04:36 PM
Ron win's straw poll with 45% of the vote? A good day.

Perry ties with McCotter?

Priceless.....:p

wmur coverage: http://www.wmur.com/r/28926904/detail.html

Brett85
08-20-2011, 04:47 PM
I posted this over at free republic, even though I'm close to getting banned there. The moderators now review every single one of my posts. They don't do that for most established members, but they can't have a Ron Paul supporter speak the truth on something. I'm sure my thread probably won't get posted, and they'll likely ban me sooner or later. But I could care less. The people over there are just disgusting and hateful. They simply won't tolerate anybody who deviates from the neo-conservative line.

donnay
08-20-2011, 04:52 PM
BREAKING: Ron Paul Wins NH Straw Poll

http://exeter.patch.com/articles/breaking-ron-paul-wins-nh-straw-poll

Ron Paul got a great birthday present Saturday, as the 76-year-old defeated 11 other Republicans in Saturday's New Hampshire Young Republicans Straw Poll.

Paul, a congressman from Texas, won a commanding 45 percent of the vote and bested runner-up Mitt Romney by 35 percent votes despite not actually attending the event, which was held in New Castle and also included a lobster bake.

There were 302 ballots cast Saturday. Here are the full results:

Ron Paul, 45 percent
Mitt Romney, 10
Rick Perry, 8
Thaddeus McCotter, 8
Gary Johnson, 6
Herman Cain, 5
Michele Bachmann, 5
Jon Huntsman, 3
Buddy Roemer, 3
Rick Santorum, 3
Newt Gingrich, 1
Fred Karger, 0

Rudy Giuliani and Paul Ryan each received 1 percent of the vote as write-in candidates, while another 1 percent was comprised of candidates who received less than 1 percent, according to event officials.

Gingrich, Perry, Romney and Santorum all were unrepresented at Saturday's event, as no one spoke on their behalf and none had a table at the event.

Saturday's event, which drew roughly 350 people, also featured a vote for New Hampshire governor.

Check back later today for more coverage.

Article V
08-20-2011, 05:01 PM
302 votes? That's a fairly small pool of people. I mean, 3 votes = 1%.

What's next? We're going to have straw polls for knitting circles?

Aratus
08-20-2011, 05:03 PM
do not knock the poll. mitt + michele are choaking on ron's dust clouds!

Anti Federalist
08-20-2011, 05:06 PM

KillJoy.

Major pollsters such as Rasmussen and PPP routinely release poll results from a sample of 400 or 500 people.

Anti Federalist
08-20-2011, 05:06 PM
Did you attend?

BREAKING: Ron Paul Wins NH Straw Poll

http://exeter.patch.com/articles/breaking-ron-paul-wins-nh-straw-poll

Ron Paul got a great birthday present Saturday, as the 76-year-old defeated 11 other Republicans in Saturday's New Hampshire Young Republicans Straw Poll.

Paul, a congressman from Texas, won a commanding 45 percent of the vote and bested runner-up Mitt Romney by 35 percent votes despite not actually attending the event, which was held in New Castle and also included a lobster bake.

There were 302 ballots cast Saturday. Here are the full results:

Ron Paul, 45 percent
Mitt Romney, 10
Rick Perry, 8
Thaddeus McCotter, 8
Gary Johnson, 6
Herman Cain, 5
Michele Bachmann, 5
Jon Huntsman, 3
Buddy Roemer, 3
Rick Santorum, 3
Newt Gingrich, 1
Fred Karger, 0

Rudy Giuliani and Paul Ryan each received 1 percent of the vote as write-in candidates, while another 1 percent was comprised of candidates who received less than 1 percent, according to event officials.

Gingrich, Perry, Romney and Santorum all were unrepresented at Saturday's event, as no one spoke on their behalf and none had a table at the event.

Saturday's event, which drew roughly 350 people, also featured a vote for New Hampshire governor.

Check back later today for more coverage.

specsaregood
08-20-2011, 05:07 PM

Uhm, that is pretty average sized, even above average. Most straw polls are not huge affairs.

angelatc
08-20-2011, 05:22 PM
Plus if this is representative of the young Republicans, it means they won't by dying off anytime soon.

invisible
08-20-2011, 05:23 PM
I posted this over at free republic, even though I'm close to getting banned there. The moderators now review every single one of my posts. They don't do that for most established members, but they can't have a Ron Paul supporter speak the truth on something. I'm sure my thread probably won't get posted, and they'll likely ban me sooner or later. But I could care less. The people over there are just disgusting and hateful. They simply won't tolerate anybody who deviates from the neo-conservative line.

I don't go to that site and know nothing about it, but perhaps I can still offer a valid piece of advice: It's not necessarily what you say, it's how you say it. For instance, instead of saying "Ron Paul wins straw poll in NH", you could say "romney flops in straw poll in NH with only 10% of the vote" or perhaps "perry ties with mccotter". Instead of talking up Ron Paul's great showing, talk about the other candidates' poor performance, and how bachman even got fewer votes than Gary Johnson. Question if these candidates can even win, and suggest that their longshot candidacy isn't going anywhere in spite of them supposedly being "frontrunners". Spin is everything.

sailingaway
08-20-2011, 05:24 PM

Most are smaller than Ames which is why Ames was such a big deal. But headlines and momentum is a good thing.

sailingaway
08-20-2011, 05:25 PM
I don't go to that site and know nothing about it, but perhaps I can still offer a valid piece of advice: It's not necessarily what you say, it's how you say it. For instance, instead of saying "Ron Paul wins straw poll in NH", you could say "romney flops in straw poll in NH with only 10% of the vote" or perhaps "perry ties with mccotter". Instead of talking up Ron Paul's great showing, talk about the other candidates' poor performance, and how bachman even got fewer votes than Gary Johnson. Question if these candidates can even win, and suggest that their longshot candidacy isn't going anywhere in spite of them supposedly being "frontrunners". Spin is everything.

Yeah, I had fun tweeting about how Perry tied McCotter, but I did mention that Ron won...:p

AlexAmore
08-20-2011, 05:48 PM
I was there and it looked like a Ron Paul convention lol. It was so awesome seeing the other candidates booths with a few people running them but completely devoid of human contact from the straw poll populace. Priceless.

JohnGalt23g
08-20-2011, 05:52 PM

Welcome to New Hampshire. The state is all about small-ball politics played day in and day out, adding up your gains, getting them out ot the polls.

ItsTime
08-20-2011, 05:58 PM
Go Cain Go! This sums it up right here:

Had the displeasure of listening to Herman Cain deliver a speech today. It was like your drunk uncle rambling and bragging about a 5th place finish in Iowa and confusing story that involved Janeane Garofalo. But boy did he draw a crowd! (of 15 people).

I should add, after talking to Norman, the campaign reallllllllly thinks we can win New Hampshire, and I agree with them 100%.

Anti Federalist
08-20-2011, 05:58 PM
Take a look sometime, you'll find that Traditional Conservative is right.

The Freepers, for the most part, are a lost cause.

They'd vote for RP in a general, hell they'd vote for Beelzebub in the general, as long as there was an (R) next his name, but they will be of no value in the primary.

donnay
08-20-2011, 07:00 PM
Did you attend?

Yes I did. I had my "Enemy of the State" shirt! I was hoping they had some Ron Paul shirts--but they didn't. :-(

invisible
08-20-2011, 07:02 PM
hell they'd for for Beelzebub in the general, as long as there was an (R) next his name

They already do that anyways, but I know you've figured that out a long time ago, lol.

invisible
08-20-2011, 07:04 PM
Yeah, I had fun tweeting about how Perry tied McCotter, but I did mention that Ron won...:p

I could totally see you having a lot of fun with that!

ItsTime
08-20-2011, 07:05 PM
Yes I did. I had my "Enemy of the State" shirt! I was hoping they had some Ron Paul shirts--but they didn't. :-(

Things they could have done better...

1) Ron Paul shirts, ect for sale
2) Lap top connected to the internet to take donations for the money bomb.
3) People manning the booth should have had Ron Paul shirts on.

Those are my two suggestions. Other than that they did a really good job.

Edit for 3rd suggestion.

Anti Federalist
08-20-2011, 07:06 PM

Excellent.

How was the lobster?

Cap
08-20-2011, 07:09 PM
Send it to Drudge.

minusbear
08-20-2011, 07:19 PM

Hopefully this one wasnt yours ~ http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2766680/posts those neocon israel first bastards are mocking Dr. Paul. I avoid talking aobut Dr. Paul there. I point out how everyone else is a neocon instead.

speciallyblend
08-20-2011, 07:31 PM
was this the nh poll we were waiting for this week??

Shelton88
08-20-2011, 07:34 PM
Alright Paul!!!

donnay
08-20-2011, 07:48 PM
Excellent.

How was the lobster?

Yes it was good! The weather was perfect too! :)

speciallyblend
08-20-2011, 07:59 PM
was this the nh poll we were all waiting for this week?

speciallyblend
08-20-2011, 08:28 PM

i don't know no one will answer my ?? hmmmm

speciallyblend
08-20-2011, 08:29 PM

hey man do you know if this is the straw poll we were all waiting for this week???

havoc37
08-20-2011, 08:56 PM
He didn't just win, he DOMINATED his opponents.

FA.Hayek
08-20-2011, 09:28 PM
great news!

Eric21ND
08-20-2011, 10:21 PM
To fight the neo-con mentality you can't use Ron Paul. Ron Paul inspires a knee-jerk reaction to those people and their brain ceases to function. I suggest using Michael Scheuer, Daniel Hannan, etc when talking about foreign policy. Have to do it the roundabout way ;)

ItsTime
08-20-2011, 10:27 PM
hey man do you know if this is the straw poll we were all waiting for this week???

Yes this was the only straw poll this week. My impression? The GOP would be dead without Ron Paul running for president.

Aratus
08-20-2011, 10:36 PM
was this the nh poll we were waiting for this week??

He didn't just win, he DOMINATED his opponents.

Yes this was the only straw poll this week. My impression?
The GOP would be dead without Ron Paul running for president.

methinks coming in first in mitt romney's back yard has to be sweet!

Ball
08-21-2011, 02:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBlP1hfB3fQ

parocks
08-21-2011, 03:34 AM

People know Ron Paul over at FR. Over there, I'd say job 1 is attack Perry.

parocks
08-21-2011, 04:03 AM
Take a look sometime, you'll find that Traditional Conservative is right.

The Freepers, for the most part, are a lost cause.

They'd vote for RP in a general, hell they'd vote for Beelzebub in the general, as long as there was an (R) next his name, but they will be of no value in the primary.

No, with Freepers, you want them to hate the other guy more. Have your arguments ready about why the other guy sucks. Romney and Perry have long lists of suck. Bachmann and Palin don't (over there).

Will Tea Parties be endorsing Ron Paul? If it was Romney vs Ron Paul, would tea parties be endorsing Ron Paul. If yes, you show those endorsements. The tea party supports Ron Paul. So and so (Romney, Perry) is clearly the RINO, not Ron Paul, because the tea parties support him. The tea party is silent on foreign policy, and supports limited constitutional government, so they support Ron Paul instead of Romney or Perry. Perhaps the tea party does not appreciate Perry hobnobbing with the global elites. Over there you have to fight for support. All the deviations from orthodoxy are seized upon and used for attack.

Don't talk about Ron Paul over there. Not until it's voting time. We have enough here to go over there and crush any of the other crushable candidates. Talking points on Bachmann are "she says the right stuff, and says it well, but she's so far out of the mainstream, and her record is so odd and flimsy that she'd be crushed in November."
Perry has Bilderberg, Gardasil, Trans Texas Corridor among many other things. Perry won't get the job done with the Northerners who aren't ready yet for another Texas Governor Fake Conservative with cowboy boots. Romney is completely unacceptable on FR. Paul isn't. That's official JimRob policy - No Romney. Palin wins FR. She's close to an official FR candidate.

nbruno322
08-21-2011, 06:05 AM
“Ron Paul’s message of traditional conservatism -- fiscal restraint, limited government, and strong national defense -- is clearly the future of the Republican Party,” said NH Chairman and State Senator Jim Forsythe, who spoke on behalf of Congressman Paul at the Straw Poll. “The other candidates know that and sound more like him every day. But there are convenient copies, and there’s the real thing.

“It takes more than a sound bite and a flip-flop to fool New Hampshire voters. That’s why there’s real momentum here for Ron Paul.”

~ Jim Forsythe, NH Ron Paul Campaign Chairman, NH State Senator, and US Air Force Vet

Brett85
08-21-2011, 07:37 AM

Yeah, but I'm just tired of reading all the filth they post about Ron over there anyway. I don't think those people represent the average conservative. I've honestly never met a more hateful bunch. They're even worse than the people over at the Daily Kos. I won't miss posting over there at all.

Brett85
08-21-2011, 07:42 AM
Hopefully this one wasnt yours ~ http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2766680/posts those neocon israel first bastards are mocking Dr. Paul. I avoid talking aobut Dr. Paul there. I point out how everyone else is a neocon instead.

That wasn't mine. I posted a separate one that simply noted that Ron won this straw poll. But then I just "zotted" myself on purpose by writing a parting comment on the thread that you linked. I couldn't write any comments without them being reviewed my the moderators, so there wasn't any point in posting over their anyway.

AdamT
08-21-2011, 08:03 AM
I straight up refuse to point my browser to FR. Let them toil in their own hatred. Their twisted views of reality are not popular with the majority of people, and less and less with regular conservatives everyday.

mac_hine
08-21-2011, 10:08 AM
Things they could have done better...
2) Lap top connected to the internet to take donations for the money bomb.

There was s a computer set up over by the Grok Radio tent. A bunch of people, myself included, made donations.

I had a great time. RP's tent had the most traffic by far. Bachman's people shouldn't have even showed up. There was no interest in her tent whatsoever.

Gary Johnson gave a decent speech. He really should drop out and run for Senate.

Herman Cain was terrible. For half his speech he rambled on about Janeane Garofalo.

S.E. Cupp introduced Thaddeus Mccotter. Not sure what that was all about. Aside from looking hot, her intro was horrible. She was chomping on gum incessantly. She claimed to know Thad well but had to constantly refer to notes when describing him. The only thing I can say about Mccotter is that he's a rockin guitar player.

Buddy Roemer spent his entire speech bitching about China. His voice sounds like a whiny Ross Perot.

Fred Karger brought along a bagpipe player. Sounds like a nice guy. I really didn't pay attention to his speech. I did hear him say he wants to give a frisbee to every American.

The post straw poll pub crawl was fun. I got there kind of late but managed to hit the last couple stops with the crew. There had to have been close to 30 of us. I met some cool people.

All in all it was a great day!

muzzled dogg
08-22-2011, 05:04 AM
Dunno if it's been posted

http://www.concordmonitor.com/article/274833/paul-takes-young-gop-straw-poll?SESSbaff42974dbea4784192c3d7eb143fba=facebook