PDA

View Full Version : It's Fred Durst's birthday today too (tweet him about it........)

Matthew Zak
08-20-2011, 11:38 AM
"Happy Birthday @Fred Durst, did you know it's @Ron Paul's birthday too? Are you having a money bomb today as well???"

Fred sometimes responds to tweets, and he has a TON of followers who may have never heard of Ron Paul, or don't know about his money bomb.

Is this a shameless plug for Ron Paul? Maybe. But it's convenient because it's Fred's birthday, and he loves attention. He won't mind.

We've got nothing to lose by doing this and a LOT to gain. All positive. Absolutely NO negative.

Who 1-star rated this thread? I'm just wondering what the rationale for that is? I'm trying to promote Ron Paul and the money bomb to over a million new people.

1,537,216 new people could potentially hear about Ron Paul's money bomb.

Matthew Zak
08-20-2011, 11:44 AM
Quick and easy way to promote his money bomb to a ton of people. Fred won't mind, he loves attention. haha

evilfunnystuff
08-20-2011, 11:44 AM
lulz

Napoleon's Shadow
08-20-2011, 11:49 AM
I love his music. It's great when I'm driving (although I've almost been in several wrecks because of it) heh.

Matthew Zak
08-20-2011, 11:51 AM
Come to think of it, this is a great opportunity to get Ron Paul's name to tons of people who may have never heard of him.

BlackTerrel
08-20-2011, 11:52 AM
Does Fred Durst really have a ton of followers?

This shocks me of itself.

Matthew Zak
08-20-2011, 11:53 AM
Does Fred Durst really have a ton of followers?

This shocks me of itself.

james1906
08-20-2011, 11:55 AM
Michael Bolton covering "When a Man Loves a Woman" > Limp Bizkit covering "Behind Blue Eyes"

It's that bad

Matthew Zak
08-20-2011, 11:58 AM
Who cares about the music? lol...

We've got nothing to lose by doing this and a LOT to gain. All positive. Absolutely NO negative.

Who 1-star rated this thread? I'm just wondering what the rationale for that is? I'm trying to promote Ron Paul and the money bomb to over a million new people.

Darin
08-20-2011, 11:58 AM
Here's a list of births (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/August_20#Births). Just scanning real quick...

H.P. Lovecraft! (http://twitter.com/#!/HP_Lovecraft)
Don King (http://twitter.com/#!/MrDKP/followers) :/

- Darin

Anti Federalist
08-20-2011, 12:07 PM
It's Robert Plant's b-day as well.

Plant > Durst

Matthew Zak
08-20-2011, 12:15 PM
Will the people who think this is a terrible idea please explain to me why it is a terrible idea so I don't continue to pollute your wonderful environment with my disgusting, radical ideas?

Darin
08-20-2011, 12:17 PM
I looked down the week... some bigger twitter numbers were Tori Amos, John Stamos, and one of the Backstreet Boys who had/have birthdays this week - those three have almost a million combined followers. I don't have twitter and won't be participating in this... but I guess if you're going to do it for the day, it might be worth your time to wish other big names a late/early birthday.

Edit: I can imagine it might be a bad idea if it makes the stars/followers upset, or maybe if the media decided to report on Paul supporters "spamming." Those are the only reasons I could think of off the top of my head. I don't use twitter and don't really know how it works... so it may be totally insignificant (upsetting people, that is).

- Darin

The Binghamton Patriot
Fred Durst was also military, for those who don't know that. He would probably support Ron if he was informed on his positions.

Matthew Zak
This is a game of inches and these inches are everywhere around us.

These are the kind of guerrilla tactics we need to be using to overcome the establishment's black out.

Matthew Zak
08-20-2011, 12:30 PM
I looked down the week... some bigger twitter numbers were Tori Amos, John Stamos, and one of the Backstreet Boys who had/have birthdays this week - those three have almost a million combined followers. I don't have twitter and won't be participating in this... but I guess if you're going to do it for the day, it might be worth your time to wish other big names a late/early birthday.

Edit: I can imagine it might be a bad idea if it makes the stars/followers upset, or maybe if the media decided to report on Paul supporters "spamming." Those are the only reasons I could think of off the top of my head. I don't use twitter and don't really know how it works... so it may be totally insignificant (upsetting people, that is).

- Darin

Twitter doesn't allow for spamming because your message is only posted on a celebrities wall if they respond to it. So there won't be a bunch of Ron Paul supporters on his page. Only ONE, if he decides to respond to one.

He will, however, receive several private messages, or tweets. He's got a lot of fans, so he's getting tweets all the time as it is. He might not even notice if 100 of us do this. But if he DOES notice, and sees his name associated with Ron Paul, or is curious about what a money bomb is, he might respond -- exposing Ron Paul and the money bomb to all of his followers. Hell, he might even want to become a supporter, who knows. He loves attracting new fans and new attention.

Matthew Zak
08-20-2011, 12:31 PM

Plant > Durst

That's like saying you're only going to donate a crisp twenty dollar bill to Ron Paul's campaign and leave the wrinkly one in your pocket, when you WERE going to donate $40.

Sola_Fide
08-20-2011, 12:33 PM
Limp Bizkit will go down as the worst band in the history of the world.....

Darin
08-20-2011, 12:34 PM
Cool then, could only help it seems. It's times like these I wonder if it would have been worth it to join the "social media" bandwagon to establish a network long ago, ha.

- Darin

Matthew Zak
08-20-2011, 12:36 PM

No it won't. But I'm not going to compare it to better music out there. It just is what it is.

Cool then, could only help it seems. It's times like these I wonder if it would have been worth it to join the "social media" bandwagon to establish a network long ago, ha.

- Darin

With twitter you don't need any kind of network. You tag people by putting the "@" symbol in front of their official twitter name, and you write on your own wall. It's delivered to their private home page.

mpdsapuser
08-20-2011, 12:44 PM
Fred Durst? LMAO. This is the best you can do?

Napoleon's Shadow
08-20-2011, 12:46 PM
Are you kidding?!?! They rock!

Sola_Fide
08-20-2011, 12:49 PM
Are you kidding?!?! They rock!

Nu metal+white rapper=worst idea in the world imo

Matthew Zak
08-20-2011, 12:54 PM
Fred Durst? LMAO. This is the best you can do?

They just released a new album, they have tons of followers... and Fred Durst is an active part of the twitter community.

Oh, and it's his birthday, so it's relevant to what is going on in his life.

Would you mock me if I only donated $25? I'm still chipping in. This is one OF MANY things we could do to help this cause.

bluesc
08-20-2011, 01:01 PM
They just released a new album, they have tons of followers... and Fred Durst is an active part of the twitter community.

Oh, and it's his birthday, so it's relevant to what is going on in his life.

Would you mock me if I only donated $25? I'm still chipping in. This is one OF MANY things we could do to help this cause.

Ahhh if only I had any rep left to give.

Good job for finding ways to push this moneybomb even further!

PeteinLA
08-20-2011, 01:19 PM
This is a game of inches and these inches are everywhere around us.

I love that speech (Any given Sunday)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rFx6OFooCs

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-20-2011, 01:21 PM
Idk why Limp Bizkit got so much hate back in the day, just seemed popular to hate them. There's no way they had the worst album in history. That's been topped by Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, etc.

BlackTerrel
08-21-2011, 10:03 AM

I just cried.

The One
08-21-2011, 10:13 AM
Will the people who think this is a terrible idea please explain to me why it is a terrible idea so I don't continue to pollute your wonderful environment with my disgusting, radical ideas?

Obsess much?

Matthew Zak
08-21-2011, 10:18 AM
Obsess much?

I just wanted to know. At least 2 people thought this was such a terrible idea they one-starred it, and didn't have the courage to be up front about why. More than that though, I wanted to know if they understood the idea or if they were just annoyed by the name Fred Durst. Finally, if they could convince me why my idea was terrible for Ron Paul or the forums I could adjust my behavior to help the cause.

Arbitrarily one-starring threads?

1000-points-of-fright
08-21-2011, 10:22 AM

Plant > Durst

It was Phil Lynott's b-day yesterday too. Even dead Lynott > Plant > Durst.

The One
08-21-2011, 10:23 AM
I just wanted to know. At least 2 people thought this was such a terrible idea they one-starred it, and didn't have the courage to be up front about why. More than that though, I wanted to know if they understood the idea or if they were just annoyed by the name Fred Durst. Finally, if they could convince me why my idea was terrible for Ron Paul or the forums I could adjust my behavior to help the cause.

Arbitrarily one-starring threads?

I just 5-starred it for ya cuz I want you to have a pleasant day.

And the 1-stars were probably just people being assholes cuz they don't like Fred Durst.

atliens
08-21-2011, 10:29 AM
Thin Lizzy is probably the most underrated band ever. Phil Lynott is a LEGEND.