PDA

View Full Version : One thing I wish Ron Paul would do.

LastoftheMohicans
11-03-2007, 12:37 PM
I wish Ron Paul would start going on the offensive with some or all of these guys. At his rallies or at the debates, he should be mentioning that they all having either voting to increase spending(which is a tax increase) and/or increase taxes. Some of them have been co-opting his message so that the people who are just starting to pay attention think Ron Paul is copying the others.

For example, he should say the following:

Guiliani, Romney, Huckabee: Have you ever supported a tax increase

Thompson, McCain: Have you ever voted for an unbalanced budget?

All but Huckabee: Do you support any of the gun laws that are on the books?

Etc.

Vonhayek7
11-03-2007, 01:00 PM
Nah, part of his charm is that he isn't other people's biographers and definitely doesn't toot his own horn about stuff.

I kinda wish he could debate a democrat running, like Edwards.

walt
11-03-2007, 01:03 PM
I think that the rudy argument is his finest moment so far, you are right he has to engage the others to draw contrast.

American
11-03-2007, 01:04 PM
I agree, I tried to articulate this argument in another thread but he really needs to engage and get a speech writer once engaged. Unfortunately he really needs to dumb down the talks so everyone understands what he means.

Logistics
11-03-2007, 01:33 PM
^Indeed lol.

Anyways, I kind of wish he would go into offense mode and start roasting these clowns on stage and in the press. Giuliani in my opinion would be the easiest target and Romney second.

Ron Paul Fan
11-03-2007, 01:43 PM
What if it backfires and they all gang up on him? They would change the subject. Rudy would spout off, "I believe it was Congressman Paul who said that America deserved the September 11th attacks." Mitt would fire back with "Has he forgotten about 9/11?" Huckabee then replies, "Ron Paul doesn't support their troops or our country's honor." McCain: "I would follow Osama bin Laden to the gates of hell and shoot him dead and Ron Paul wouldn't." Fred doesn't attack anyone because he's too lazy and if it's not on his notes, he doesn't say it. Be patient. Ron Paul knows what he's doing!

LibertyEagle
11-03-2007, 02:58 PM
Nah, part of his charm is that he isn't other people's biographers and definitely doesn't toot his own horn about stuff.

I kinda wish he could debate a democrat running, like Edwards.

It may very well be charming, but if one does not toot their own horn, no one else will either.

me3
11-03-2007, 03:03 PM
The one thing I wish Dr. Paul would do is speak slower when he gets excited. He tends to get really high pitched and speak too quickly. It would go a long way to helping spread the message.