PDA

View Full Version : I was banned from posting about Ron Paul on GOPUSA !!!

ChristianAnarchist
08-19-2011, 10:24 PM
I was posting about Dr. Paul there (very civilly I might add) and they were getting very nasty and making many false claims about the good Dr. I calmly refuted them and tried to set them strait... They respond by banning me from posting. I can still log in and read posts, but my last post was removed and now I cannot post. I have sent a message asking why my posting was removed and why I cannot post, but there's no response...

gopus a.com/

Just a bunch of neocons who want to promote the warfare state.

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-19-2011, 11:16 PM
Judging from their website, they aren't very important anyway.

ChristianAnarchist
08-20-2011, 05:37 AM
Yes, they don't appear to have much volume, but I find that speaking truth in small groups can be very effective. I thought it was going well for a while, until they pulled the plug...

Lafayette
08-20-2011, 05:45 AM
Yes, they don't appear to have much volume, but I find that speaking truth in small groups can be very effective. I thought it was going well for a while, until they pulled the plug...

Maybe thats why they pulled the plug?

noxagol
08-20-2011, 05:51 AM
Because you either agree with them, or your a terrerrist.

8ClicksPerSecond
08-20-2011, 08:03 AM
Reading that forum is pretty depressing lol. Such ignorance and the inability to have a discussion is frightening.

DamianTV
08-20-2011, 08:05 AM
What exactly does it take to get slapped with the label of Terrorist nowadays? Not much.

If you dont do exactly as you are told, or vote for one of the few candidates they offer to you, then youre labeled a Terrorist. If you Homeschool your kids, youre a Terrorist. If you Whittle, youre a Terrorist. If you have a CCW, youre a Terrorist. If you smoke Pot, youre a Terrorist. If you have a Dog, youre a Terrorist. If you run a Lemonade Stand, youre a Terrorist. If you support Ron Paul, you, especially, are a Terrorist.

WilliamC
08-20-2011, 08:07 AM
Small minds cannot easily accept information which would force them to grow beyond their limited capacities.

specialkornflake
08-20-2011, 08:20 AM
I've heard similar, first-hand accounts of libertarians trying to interact with them at their CPAC booth. They may as well all be Dick Cheneys who, well, prefer Dick Cheneys sexually and politically. (Additional pun implied)

VBRonPaulFan
08-20-2011, 08:33 AM
wow, the people at that forum are batshit crazy and have their heads buried so far in the sand they're halfway to china.

Sam I am
08-20-2011, 09:10 AM
The next time one of you calls me a troll for not being a full-blown anarchist, remember the people in This thread:

http://www.gopusa.com/forum/discussions/ron-paul-gets-more-money-from-troops-than-any-other-candidate/

freedoms-light
08-20-2011, 10:18 AM
I have to admit I'm not the sharpest nail in the bag on all this political stuff.
I can get frustrated when I read opposing views that are very well articulated and hard to refute (at least for me).
Didn't have any such problem when I read the stuff posted by the neocons at GOPUSA.
It was more like comic relief. It's hard to take any of them seriously until I realize how many are
around, that they vote and the basic premise of their views is also pushed a lot by the MSM.
Interesting how they seem to be looking to Perry now as some kind of a (political) savior.
What happened to Bachmann and Cain? Guess Perry is their political "flavor of the month"

ChristianAnarchist
08-20-2011, 09:01 PM
I did spend some time posting there (about a month and a half) but noticed there were really only a few active posters. They seemed to spend most of their time patting each other on the back and dissing Dr. Paul. The act like scarecrows... (If they only had a brain...)

Brett85
08-20-2011, 09:11 PM
I think I'll be banned from free republic within the next hour or so. They've already made it to where each one of my posts has to be reviewed before it will go through. The only thing I've ever done is simply promote Ron Paul on that site. But you simply aren't allowed to post there if you're a Ron Paul supporter. I really don't want to post there anymore anyway, because those people are just hateful and repulsive. The hateful things that they say about Dr. Paul just make me want to punch a hole in my computer. Since my account is essentially suspended anyway, I just wrote them what I think should be a parting comment. I just made it clear that they're a hateful and repulsive bunch who won't tolerate any dissenting opinions whatsoever. I made it clear that the owner of the site is a complete a-hole who's goal is to simply spread hate to as many people as he possibly can. I'm a lifelong Republican who's never voted for a Democrat before. I even voted for McCain in 2008. But that still isn't good enough for the neo-cons at free republic. I think it will eventually get to the point where that site shuts down if they simply ban everybody except for hardcore neo-cons. I think it's eventually going to get to the point where there won't be many neo-cons left in the GOP. I hope I'm right about that anyway.

DamianTV
08-20-2011, 09:22 PM
Looks like Perry has better control over his reflexes :D Must've gotten a lot of practice with Bank of America

ROFL! What is that brown stuff on his nose?

Brett85
08-20-2011, 10:36 PM
Yep, it's official. I won't ever be going back to free republic again.

havoc37
08-20-2011, 10:48 PM
-snip-
Sorry for double post.

havoc37
08-20-2011, 10:50 PM
Nevermind I seem to have found it: http://www.gopusa.com/forum/discussions/ron-paul-gets-more-money-from-troops-than-any-other-candidate/

Anti Federalist
08-21-2011, 12:34 AM
Yep, it's official. I won't ever be going back to free republic again.

R U N N O F T huh?

Welcome to your new home.

You're better off.

redbluepill
08-21-2011, 01:40 AM
I lol'd at this:

"Their [libertarian] ideas of "rights" run along the lines of — if a criminal ties you up with his rope, you don't have the right to cut HIS rope to free yourself. Why? Because the criminal owns the rope.

Those people can and do take normal views of liberty and rights and twist them into the most gawd awful mess you've ever seen. And if you look at the Ron Paul supporters, they all seem to have criminal prosecutions in their backgrounds."

~grannyintexas1

V4Vendetta
08-21-2011, 01:58 AM
Clear your cache - cookies - and buy a vpn service - and use a different email to sign up. you'll look like a totally different person.

Anonymize https://hidemyass.com/vpn/ (http://hidemyass.com/?aHR0cHM6Ly9oaWRlbXlhc3MuY29tL3Zwbi8=)one of the best!

I will always use a VPN till the day I die - anonymity is priceless.

Luciconsort
08-21-2011, 04:11 AM
Looks like Perry has better control over his reflexes :D Must've gotten a lot of practice with Bank of America

Perry and Bachmanns hubby should give Michelle a lesson or two.... looks like she's really struggling :)

Luciconsort
08-21-2011, 04:14 AM
50 years from now politicians will know better than to try to deep throat a corn-dog on camera... hope not though, cause that's funny shit!

ChristianAnarchist
08-21-2011, 10:15 PM
Clear your cache - cookies - and buy a vpn service - and use a different email to sign up. you'll look like a totally different person.

www.hidemyass.com one of the best!

Hey, I love your I.D. Actually, I use the same one on geocaching.com. There it's ME who is "v4vendetta"... :)

DamianTV
08-22-2011, 12:17 AM

www.hidemyass.com one of the best!

And the very first thing that happens to me when I click your link is that their website tries to set a cookie using the HTTP Referer, which was literally this page, tracking. Its bullshit.

HideMyAss can Kiss My Ass. Sorry.

Cutlerzzz
08-22-2011, 12:18 AM
The next time one of you calls me a troll for not being a full-blown anarchist, remember the people in This thread:

http://www.gopusa.com/forum/discussions/ron-paul-gets-more-money-from-troops-than-any-other-candidate/

My head hurts after reading that thread.

V4Vendetta
08-22-2011, 12:26 AM
Hey, I love your I.D. Actually, I use the same one on geocaching.com. There it's ME who is "v4vendetta"... :)

hu?

V4Vendetta
08-22-2011, 12:27 AM
And the very first thing that happens to me when I click your link is that their website tries to set a cookie using the HTTP Referer, which was literally this page, tracking. Its bullshit.

Thought all websites have cookies.... you have a better VPN in mind? ccuz hidemyass is one of the highest rated

TNforPaul45
08-22-2011, 07:11 AM

I have no words for that thread. Those two people posting are so far gone into the left-right paradigm story that they will end when it does.

swiftfoxmark2
08-22-2011, 07:45 AM
I've been run off from a couple of forums where so-called conservative thought blinds sound judgment and discernment. One was the official Ann Coulter forum where some asshole who called himself the Voice of Reason decided to be a huge dick about Ron Paul back in 2008. Of course the forum moderators there did nothing about the harassment and insults. When I privately messaged him about apologizing, he reported me to the mods there for harassing him. Now that he's become a moderator there, I haven't gone back.

The other forum was an offshoot of the Ann Coulter one where many of the members had been kicked out earlier which was called Covert Conservatives. After they banned a Ron Paul supporter there for saying that he hated the American government, claiming he said he hated America, I left. I was actually temporarily banned from that forum when I became more vocal in my disdain for some of the more crazy conservatives, but when it was lifted, I never came back.

Finally, I was banned from letfreedomringtrue.com for expressing my views there.

Take it from someone who has dealt with these yahoos constantly: these morons cannot be reasoned with. If you had an authentic youtube video of Rick Perry raping an infant, they would call it a liberal photoshop hack job and proceed to praise whoever perpetrated the DDNS attack on Ron Paul's website.

DamianTV
08-22-2011, 08:17 AM
Im about to get banned for starting an argument and disagreeing that 2% inflation is good for the economy in a different forum also.

swiftfoxmark2
08-22-2011, 09:48 AM
Here's the other thing that irks me about these folks: I've offered to set aside my differences on social issues, such as the Drug War and legalized gambling, in order to aid them in dealing with the fiscal issues and the oppressive welfare state we live in. Nobody is willing to put those things on hold social issues as more important than a failing economy.

Sadly, social issues don't win elections as proven by 2006 and 2008. Fiscal issues win as proven by 2010.

jmdrake
08-22-2011, 11:08 AM

The key is to find small groups of people you can talk to that are not controlled, or to people in that group out from their controlled zone onto more friendly territory. My suggestion? Go back under another name. Don't talk about Ron Paul at all. Instead spend time bashing all of the other candidates. In fact, don't even talk to them. Start a blog and post your ideas there, then post them on the forum. May sure your first 10 articles are things every "teocon" can agree with. Then slowly slip in pro Paul material.

jmdrake
08-22-2011, 11:14 AM

I have no words for that thread. Those two people posting are so far gone into the left-right paradigm story that they will end when it does.

Sheesh! It's not just that those idiots are anti Paul it's that they think Rick Perry is the second coming of Jesus Christ! Don't they know Perry tried to force little girls to take a dangerous untested STD vaccine?

Here's a new idea. Don't go on there supporting Ron Paul. Pimp Michelle Bachmann and trash Rick Perry. He's now officially public enema # 1! Really, these braindead zombies falsely attack Ron Paul for being pro-amnesty when Vicente Fox gave Rick Perry an award for his support of illegal immigrants? These can't be real people. They're either bots or paid Perry operatives. Nobody can actually be that stupid.....can they?

swiftfoxmark2
08-22-2011, 11:15 AM
Sheesh! It's not just that those idiots are anti Paul it's that they think Rick Perry is the second coming of Jesus Christ! Don't they know Perry tried to force little girls to take a dangerous untested STD vaccine?

Here's a new idea. Don't go on there supporting Ron Paul. Pimp Michelle Bachmann and trash Rick Perry. He's now officially public enema # 1! Really, these braindead zombies falsely attack Ron Paul for being pro-amnesty when Vicente Fox gave Rick Perry an award for his support of illegal immigrants? These can't be real people. They're either bots or paid Perry operatives. Nobody can actually be that stupid.....can they?

At least 30% of Americans are stupid. This is demonstrated each week by various Rasmussen polls, usually related to economics.

V4Vendetta
08-23-2011, 12:04 AM

I would very much like an explanation about these comments. I even PMed you - still no response.
Why would someone of your intelligence freak out over cookies? Every website has cookies, and if you pay for the service, they will have your credit card information and address (alot more sensitive then browser cookies)
I basically narrowed down your concern to two different explanations:
1. You are concerned that people on this forum will use the VPN service and no longer be able to be tracked when browsing the internet, clicking on links from random ronpaulforums users, on here, for example.
or
2. you have no idea what your talking about.

everyone concerned about their identity being compromised uses VPN's such as: celebrities, whistleblowers, undercover reporters, government spy's ect....
So please... explain

DamianTV
08-23-2011, 12:46 AM
I dont see anything in my inbox. I'll try sending you a test msg to see if that goes thru.

As far as the Website Cookies, I have about 5 websites that I allow cookies from, and aggressively and proactively block anyone that doesnt explicitly ask my permission. That is more of my issue with the hidemyass.com website, is that I didnt even get content up before they immediately start tracking. The other problem is the way that technology is designed and implemented. Blocking cookies on most websites is done on a per website basis, then broken down into first and third parties. If you go to one website and want to set a cookie for a preference, then you have to allow all cookies from that website (excluding 3rd party cookies, and also excluding 3rd party cookie management plugins and programs) which also includes tracking cookies. The technology limitation is kind of a shame because if more sites allowed for preferences and not tracking, I would support that. But that is a limitation of technology that allowing a cookie that says Color=Blue also requires people to allow UID=6846106749167401. That is on the developers of the web browsers, not web sites.

Now, my actual beef is something that most people wont notice. The website you linked wants to promote Privacy and Anonymity, however when we look a little closer, we can find that they are hypocritical in the execution of protecting peoples Privacy and Anonymity. I believe that if they were serious and put their money where their mouths are, I would expect that I would not find any cookies from that website, excluding any preference cookies.

I could go on and on with the topic of Privacy, and am not going to back down on it, ever. Its nothing against you. Hell, I think youre trying to do a good thing by finding and sharing ways to protect peoples Privacy. However, I feel it is my responsibility that when I find things of that nature to share them also. Some of the websites that people share are great for protecting privacy, some pretty good, but this one flat out fails. And there are enough people here that use Facebook that the obviousness of their lack of regard to their own Privacy needs to be considered. Most people seem not to care any more, but you and I do.

Cookies arent the only privacy invasive method of tracking either. If cookies are enabled and VPN's are used, cookies pretty much trump the VPN's. Other stuff like HTTP REFERER (clicking a link) refers to the entire website and anyone browsing and reading posts and clicking links in those posts. Those wont uniquely identify me over anyone else, and in that aspect, dont really care, which is why I never bothered to disable the HTTP REFERER Header in my browsers. But cookies are already dangerous. And it isnt just Celebrities, Whistleblowers or others mentioned that will suffer the consequences, it will be everyone. It will eventually be grandma that gets her front door kicked in because her Medicine Cabinet phoned home to tell the DEA that she had a Prescription Medication in her home that expired 30 seconds ago. Grandma is gonna get shot and killed because she forgot to throw away a pill bottle. Those are the people that pay the ultimate price for a lack of Privacy.

For other people reading this post, I'll explain the half truth of what Cookies are. But first, I'll tell you another story. During the 1960's there was a big race. After the race was over, a Russian Newspaper reported that the Russian Runner in this race came in 2nd place, but the American Runner came in 2nd to last. An American Newspaper reported that since it was only a 2 man race, the American Runner came in 1st Place (which is 2nd to last, as the Russian Newspaper reported) and the Russian came in 2nd Place. The Russian Newspaper was able to manipulate the Percieved Outcome of the Race by ommitting the fact that there were only 2 people in the race. The way that Cookies are described is the same thing. The way that Cookies are described is a Half Truth.

Cookies are Text Files, but what they omit is that those Text Files can contain an Index. Your computer wont store the rest of that information that is stored on the servers. It just stores the little text file with ID=1234 in it. However, back in the Website Server, that ID links to a Database that shows that ID 1234 has visited X website for X ammt of time, clicked on X link, how long the page was opened, how many times that ID has been identified on that website, etc. That is for Every Single Website that uses cookies. For a small self contained site, say like your local one man auto shop, websites just provide useful data to the person browsing the website. But for larger websites, they dont care about providing information to the client, their business model is the exact opposite. Visiting their websites gives them statistics that they sell to everyone else, and my problem is that you have NO control over that information. Also what makes websites like Facebook dangerous is they are NOT self contained as Bobs Auto Shack.com would be. SO many websites out there implement Facebook widgets, which allows Facebook to track Non Facebook Users, without their Knowledge or Concent. So sure, if you open up a Cookie on your computer and you see ID=1234 or whatever, that is all you see, but it is what you dont see that Can and Will be used against you.

Before I end up on too much of a tangent, I'll just wrap it up by saying I do hope you suggest more Privacy Tools. We should also take a closer look at each of those tools, one by one, and if there are discrepancies with the application of their Privacy Policies, make sure that everyone knows about them, as well as we can find.

ChristianAnarchist
08-23-2011, 05:50 AM
What privacy tool is the best? Maybe you can start a new topic with that title?

V4Vendetta
08-28-2011, 01:49 AM
A VPN is best - and Anonymize https://hidemyass.com/vpn/ (http://hidemyass.com/?aHR0cHM6Ly9oaWRlbXlhc3MuY29tL3Zwbi8=) is the highest rated vpn service right now.
If you're going to let cookies scare you off - good luck with the internet - every web page known to man has cookies

PreDeadMan
08-28-2011, 10:55 AM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_L2_ro0PBg5_NfDVj5jtbYb1jzmIDz HuLH7h-PAOJ-W7nvSiuRg

LibertyEagle
08-28-2011, 11:10 AM

Most people do not know about it. They know what they have been told on FOX and on FOX, he has been described as "the real deal", "the real conservative". To know the truth about Perry, people would have had to research him. Most will not spend the time to do that.

It's going to be up to us to get the information disseminated about Perry. And doing it just online, ain't gonna cut it.