PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul being ignored by media now mainstream story

Created4
08-19-2011, 09:18 PM
Ron Paul being ignored by the main stream media after Ames is, paradoxically, now becoming a hot story in mainstream media. Jon Stewart's piece has certainly helped in that regard. This is currently at the top of the home page for MSNBC:

Ron Paul finishes second at Ames, gets ignored - why?

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/08/19/7420378-ron-paul-finishes-second-at-ames-gets-ignored-why

willwash
08-19-2011, 09:39 PM
Did Stewart ever have Ron on his show or do a second segment about the post-Ames blackout?>

TruckinMike
08-19-2011, 09:42 PM
bump

eduardo89
08-19-2011, 09:42 PM
I swear every single medi outlet covered this. Fucking hypocrites.

evilfunnystuff
08-19-2011, 09:53 PM
Did Stewart ever have Ron on his show or do a second segment about the post-Ames blackout?>

It's supposed to happen Monday.

guitarlifter
08-19-2011, 10:19 PM
I actually liked most of that article. It somewhat implied that Ron Paul wasn't a top tier candidate, but it said many, many good things about him.

Rothbardian Girl
08-19-2011, 11:36 PM
I actually liked most of that article. It somewhat implied that Ron Paul wasn't a top tier candidate, but it said many, many good things about him.

Agreed - it even got the touchy legalization point correct, as far as I could tell. It was definitely a more evenhanded account than I'm used to seeing from most media. But it's definitely hypocritical on their parts. I still think Fox is even worse than CNN in their treatment of him (I don't make it a habit to watch much MSNBC, so I wouldn't know about their coverage besides the occasional Maddow snippet), but whatever. At least they have egg on their faces now.

Created4
08-19-2011, 11:40 PM
I agree guitarlifter. Their intention is to show how wacky his positions are and why he can't win, but they are having a harder time ignoring his popularity. A couple of days ago MSNBC ran an article on the GOP candidates position on "science" and listed positions by Romney, Perry, Bachmann, and Ron Paul. So at least on MSNBC he is starting to get some coverage. I hope the birthday money bomb does well tomorrow to show how strong he is at grass-roots support.