PDA

View Full Version : Firefox Extension: Ron Paul Donations (new version)

ashlux
11-03-2007, 11:16 AM
The newest version of Ron Paul Donations Firefox Extension is out. It now contains a bunch of new features.

You can download it at http://ok4ronpaul.ashlux.com/wiki/index.php?title=Ron_Paul_Donations_Firefox_Extensi on

New features include:

Customize what donation data is shown:

Show total donations for the day, month, and quarter
Show projected donations for the month and quarter
Show days left in the quarter

Visual notification when updating (can be disabled):

Donation totals turn to grey while updating
Loading animation while updating

Clicking the donations can take you to any website. This can be customized to take you to any website. (defaults to Ron Paul's donation page; can be disabled).

Data is now provided by http://www.RonPaulGraphs.com. Thanks Dan!

Give it a try and let me know what you think.

EDIT: Updating can be done by clicking on "Tools", "Extensions", "Find Updates".

hellah10
11-03-2007, 11:18 AM
awesome upgrade... i love it

angelatc
11-03-2007, 11:21 AM
Am I correct in assuming that if I hit "Tools" "Extensions" "Search For Updates" I won't need to visit the site?

ashlux
11-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Am I correct in assuming that if I hit "Tools" "Extensions" "Search For Updates" I won't need to visit the site?

Yes, you can upgrade that way too.

aksmith
11-03-2007, 05:24 PM
The newest version of Ron Paul Donations Firefox Extension is out. It now contains a bunch of new features.

You can download it at http://ok4ronpaul.ashlux.com/wiki/index.php?title=Ron_Paul_Donations_Firefox_Extensi on

New features include:

Customize what donation data is shown:

Show total donations for the day, month, and quarter
Show projected donations for the month and quarter
Show days left in the quarter

Visual notification when updating (can be disabled):

Donation totals turn to grey while updating
Loading animation while updating

Clicking the donations can take you to any website. This can be customized to take you to any website. (defaults to Ron Paul's donation page; can be disabled).

Data is now provided by http://www.RonPaulGraphs.com. Thanks Dan!

Give it a try and let me know what you think.

EDIT: Updating can be done by clicking on "Tools", "Extensions", "Find Updates".

Did I do something wrong? All I get is the daily and monthly totals. No quarterly.

Austin
11-03-2007, 05:52 PM
Did I do something wrong? All I get is the daily and monthly totals. No quarterly.

You can change the format in the options.

Tools->Add ons->Ron Paul Donations->Options->Display

Starks
11-03-2007, 05:54 PM
ashlux... use paulcash.slact.net instead of ronpaulgraphs.

jmarinara
11-03-2007, 08:18 PM
Why would anyone want this, and why is it getting such a high profile spot on the forums?

Gimme Some Truth
11-04-2007, 03:40 PM
Bump in wake of nov 5th

PissedOffAmerican
11-04-2007, 06:17 PM
Why doesnt this work with Firefox 2.0.0.9x?

maxmerkel
11-04-2007, 06:22 PM
could you set maxVersion to 3.0a9 ? :D

i hate editing the install.rdf myself ;)

ashlux
11-04-2007, 06:24 PM

Does it work just fine in 3.0a9? I imagine it should anyhow.

I'll put out another release real quickly.

ashlux
11-04-2007, 06:33 PM

Done. Actually, I made the maxVerion 3.* instead. Does that work for you?

ashlux
11-04-2007, 06:36 PM
Why doesnt this work with Firefox 2.0.0.9x?

What problem do you seem to be having?

maxmerkel
11-04-2007, 06:44 PM
unfortunately it doesn't install with 3.0a9 :

"rp-donations.xpi will not be installed because it does not provide secure updates"

i must have been lucky with my previous firefox extension hacks (editing maxVersion in the install.rdf) :(

thanks for your work ! and don't put too much of it into this, i still can check ronpaulgraphs.com ;)

Seth M.
11-04-2007, 06:47 PM
Hey ash... I'm loving it... thanks again.. :D

Did you get that email I sent ya a couple days ago?

ashlux
11-04-2007, 07:08 PM
unfortunately it doesn't install with 3.0a9 :

"rp-donations.xpi will not be installed because it does not provide secure updates"

i must have been lucky with my previous firefox extension hacks (editing maxVersion in the install.rdf) :(

thanks for your work ! and don't put too much of it into this, i still can check ronpaulgraphs.com ;)

One more attempt. I made a special version just for you, see if that works (check your private messages).

ashlux
11-04-2007, 09:28 PM
ashlux... use paulcash.slact.net instead of ronpaulgraphs.

It doesn't particularly matter. The amount raised isn't going to be different between the two sites.

ashlux
11-04-2007, 11:21 PM
Bump. Some of you might find this useful today at work so you can have legit work-related website up, but still keep track of the donation totals for today.

ashlux
11-05-2007, 02:40 PM
Try and levitate traffic concerns ronpaulgraphs.com and ronpaul2008.com is having and use this Firefox extension instead.

TooConservative
11-17-2007, 06:24 PM
It's very nice work, ashlux. I see you incorporated a few of my humble suggestions and then some. I really like the formatting strings. Customization flexibility is addictive for Firefox users.

BTW, I had an idea for a new Firefox extension. Something to help harness our vast flow of traffic for concrete purposes to benefit the campaign. Let me know if you're interested in discussing it.

ashlux
11-18-2007, 01:30 AM
It's very nice work, ashlux. I see you incorporated a few of my humble suggestions and then some. I really like the formatting strings. Customization flexibility is addictive for Firefox users.

BTW, I had an idea for a new Firefox extension. Something to help harness our vast flow of traffic for concrete purposes to benefit the campaign. Let me know if you're interested in discussing it.

Thank you for the complements :P

I would like to hear any of your suggestions. You can post them here or PM them to me.

Sey.Naci
11-24-2007, 07:03 PM
Have Firefox 2.0.9. The donations extension, which I'd installed, is indicated now as being incompatible with the browser. Has there been a new update?

Austin
11-24-2007, 07:04 PM
Have Firefox 2.0.9. The donations extension, which I'd installed, is indicated now as being incompatible with the browser. Has there been a new update?
I've got 2.0.0.9 and it works fine.

Go to Tools-->Add-ons-->Find Updates

ashlux
11-26-2007, 11:46 AM

If you're having trouble updating, try uninstalling the old version then reinstall the newest version at http://ok4ronpaul.ashlux.com/wiki/index.php?title=Ron_Paul_Donations_Firefox_Extensi on.