PDA

View Full Version : niche marketing- gold websites

spivey378
11-03-2007, 10:50 AM
lets look into buying ad space on sites like lear financial etc

ron paul will make them a lot of money with switching to the gold standard

Austin
11-03-2007, 10:57 AM
Wow, what a great idea. I am really surprised no one has thought of it yet (to my knowledge).

Let's make this happen, guys.

RPinSEAZ
11-03-2007, 10:57 AM
He doesn't want to switch to a gold standard. He wants to authorize gold and silver as legal tender which would spur competing private currencies.

spivey378
11-03-2007, 11:21 AM
regardless, people that invest in gold have a vested interest.

Austin
11-03-2007, 11:28 AM
regardless, people that invest in gold have a vested interest.

Exactly. The main issue is, it would be a very targeted audience. For instance, if you put an ad on MySpace, only a fraction of the people that see it would be interested in Dr. Paul. However, by placing it on a site that you have suggested, with the issues prominently displayed, virtually everyone that sees the ad will be highly interested.

Therefor, the ad is much more effective. Bump.

frasu
11-03-2007, 11:33 AM
awesome idea...

kmj.ronpaul
11-03-2007, 05:34 PM
It's a good idea, but be sure that you're not spending money to advertise to people who are already RP supporters. I frequent a number of precious metals and investing forums, and most of them already have whole sub-forums devoted to discussions about Dr. Paul. People whose hobby is investing and studying monetary policy can't help but know about Dr. Paul!

RonPaulGetsIt
11-03-2007, 05:53 PM
Just email the websites and ask them to provide a link to ronpaul2008.com or at least mention him here and there. They will be receptive. I emailed 321gold.com over the summer and he added it to him links page. I also email Dr. Mchugh on technicalindicatorindex and he added a half page to his weekly report (subscription site).

James R
11-03-2007, 06:26 PM

This idea is great. I've been a visitor to those sites for years, and noticed a lot of them support the idea of the gold standard. Furthermore, the hard-core gold buyers think of US money as going worthless. There are few groups that are as good a target as these guys.

OptionsTrader
11-03-2007, 06:26 PM
http://www.kitco.com/

OptionsTrader
11-03-2007, 06:30 PM
They claim to have every major precious metals site linking to them.

Kitco is probably the best site to advertise on. I view it everyday.

http://i14.tinypic.com/6b081gg.jpg

Contact form for advertising on Kitco.com

http://www.kitco.com/ads/

Please indicate where on Kitco you may want to advertise:
Who is your target audience?

Banner advertising on highest traffic page.
Text insert ads in e-mail subscriptions.
Banner advertising on discussion groups.
Rotating banner ads throughout the site.
Potential investors in stocks.
Investors in commodity futures and/or options
Coin collectors and dealers.
Jewelry manufacturers and retailers.

James R
11-03-2007, 06:39 PM
They claim to have every major precious metals site linking to them.

Kitco is probably the best site to advertise on. I view it everyday.

http://i14.tinypic.com/6b081gg.jpg

Contact form for advertising on Kitco.com

http://www.kitco.com/ads/

Please indicate where on Kitco you may want to advertise:
Who is your target audience?

Banner advertising on highest traffic page.
Text insert ads in e-mail subscriptions.
Banner advertising on discussion groups.
Rotating banner ads throughout the site.
Potential investors in stocks.
Investors in commodity futures and/or options
Coin collectors and dealers.
Jewelry manufacturers and retailers.

I've visited the Kitco website for years. Yeah, they are the biggest. They seem to have the most extensive price information on gold. Excellent resource.

born2drv
11-03-2007, 06:43 PM

have you every been on the kitco forums? everyone and there brother there knows about ron paul already..... more specifically we own the internet, no sense in advertising anywhere online.

why don't you spend your money offline, or pass out slim jims in nursing homes? you'll be 10x more effective at reaching NEW people that have never heard of ron paul.

James R
11-03-2007, 06:45 PM
have you every been on the kitco forums? everyone and there brother there knows about ron paul already..... more specifically we own the internet, no sense in advertising anywhere online.

why don't you spend your money offline, or pass out slim jims in nursing homes? you'll be 10x more effective at reaching NEW people that have never heard of ron paul.

The Kitco people who don't participate in the forums may not know about Ron Paul.

OptionsTrader
11-03-2007, 06:45 PM

born2drv
11-03-2007, 06:49 PM
The Kitco people who don't participate in the forums may not know about Ron Paul.

I'm sure if they go to Kitco they've heard of Ron Paul :) ... or at least 80% of them have.

Offline it's the opposite, 80% still have no idea who he is. This is where we need to focus our efforts.