PDA

View Full Version : Got no money but want to help Ron Paul?

LBT
11-03-2007, 10:46 AM
Here is a way that people with a few hours to spare can pull in potentially thousands of new Ron Paul voters / supporters / enthusiasts / contributors.

Firstly, while some people say the internet has been saturated with Ron Paul, I believe that there are still huge numbers of internet users that have little if any idea of who Ron Paul is. Many have their own niche interest and never bump into the Ron Paul revolution goings on.

Anyway, here is the outline of what you can do:

As background, I am a youtube director and one of my videos is quite popular with over 500,000 hits, which accumulates at about 10,000 new hits each week. If you search "Billiards" mine is the first video that comes up.

A couple of days ago I searched out "Ron Paul" on Youtube and then clicked the "View Count" link. I noticed that the second top video, with over 1.5 million hits, was a video that had been popular, which had simply added "Vote Ron Paul" to its title. This means that probably 30,000 or more per week are seeing Vote Ron Paul when coming across that video.

So I decided to add "Vote Ron Paul 2008" to the end of the title of my already popular video. A day later and it is coming up 7th after a search for "Ron Paul" under "View Count".

There are thousands of videos on youtube which have attracted 500,000+ views and which continue to gather 10,000 to 50,000 views per week. Search for various niche categories such as "sport", "race cars", "stripper", "funny" etc etc etc. Whatever you can think of and you will find some videos that get a lot of views.

Then contact the posters / directors of these videos and ask them to look into Ron Paul, and to consider adding "Vote Ron Paul 2008" or something similar to the end of their video title. (It doesn't affect the video's popularity as far as I can tell.) Also ask them to put a link to www.ronpaul2008.com in the video description.

If you can convert a few of these video owners, then this will expose potentially 100,000+ new people to the Ron Paul name.

It would be best if you pick out some subjects you have some familiarity with, and search out video uploaders in those categories. That may help you appeal to that video director.

If you can pull just a couple of director converts, that means exposure to tens or even hundreds of thousands of potential voters to Ron Paul for the first time, over the next few months. Hundreds and possibly thousands of these could end up as new Ron Paul voters, promoters and contributors.

So if you're looking for ideas of what you can do to help push along the Ron Paul Revolution, then give this a try. Certainly some video directors will welcome the idea. Some of them may even be inspired to make some more great Ron Paul videos.

Maybe some good video editors who read this forum, could produce a video to encourage directors to do this. Unfortunately my video editing / screen capturing abilities are lacking in this regard.

LBT
11-03-2007, 07:05 PM
Come on guys. Youtube videos are driving this revolution. So far, by my calculations, there have been around 100 million views of videos supportive of the Ron Paul message on Youtube. That exposure compares to all the mainstream media exposure Ron has had.

Surely pulling in hundreds of thousands of new exposures to Ron Paul on youtube is worth some consideration.

I believe 90% + of people who get to watch youtube videos know little if anything about Ron Paul. Their curiosity can be piqued, so that that actually start looking for Ron Paul videos.

ronpaulyourmom
11-03-2007, 07:08 PM
This sounds like an okay idea... but I have a question.

To what extent would be end up drowning out genuiunely good RP videos with other videos that are mostly unrelated when somebody does a search on him? We don't want to make it hard for somebody to find info. By default most serches go by relevance no? What effect does your suggestion have on that, if any?

James R
11-03-2007, 07:25 PM

To what extent would be end up drowning out genuiunely good RP videos with other videos that are mostly unrelated when somebody does a search on him? We don't want to make it hard for somebody to find info. By default most serches go by relevance no? What effect does your suggestion have on that, if any?

Very good point. It *may* be a bad idea. How about if we title these videos "VoteRonPaul" in one word, so they don't mess up people's Ron Paul searches on YouTube?

A Ron Paul Rebel
11-03-2007, 07:27 PM
Come on guys. Youtube videos are driving this revolution. So far, by my calculations, there have been around 100 million views of videos supportive of the Ron Paul message on Youtube. That exposure compares to all the mainstream media exposure Ron has had.

Surely pulling in hundreds of thousands of new exposures to Ron Paul on youtube is worth some consideration.

I believe 90% + of people who get to watch youtube videos know little if anything about Ron Paul. Their curiosity can be piqued, so that that actually start looking for Ron Paul videos.

Great idea LBT

Good question.

Your response LBT?

RonPaulStreetTeam
11-04-2007, 02:44 PM
get all the best youtube videos about Ron paul in ONE link and spread the word.
check it!

http://ronpaulstreetteam.com/video.html

you wont be disappointed.

Energy
11-04-2007, 03:15 PM

Maybe one way is to not put "Ron Paul" in the title and just put it in the "more info" description with "by the way, if you haven't seen this Ron Paul video... blah blah".

Here's an idea at youtube: contact influencers/broadcasters, the ones with sizeable, passionate audiences. Contact and introduce them to Ron Paul if they haven't heard of him. Moved and inspired, they mention Ron Paul on one of their videos to spark conversation.

This works anywhere, find the influencers and inform them.

dircha
11-04-2007, 03:43 PM
Make videos if you want, but that isn't going to make the difference we need at this point.

We have a little over 1 month to increase Ron Paul's standing in the polls by 10-15% and dramatically increase his donor base. There is only one way we can do that, and it has nothing to do with YouTube. It has everything to do with feet on the street. And you don't need any money to do it.

If you have "no money", the first thing you should do is call up or send an email to your state's campaign organizer or someone at your local meetup group and ask for stacks Slim Jims to hand out.

The next thing you should do is go door to door in your neighborhood handing these out. If you have time you should write the email address and/or phone number of your state organizer on each.

That's it. That's the single best way you can help Ron Paul get the nomination. Do this no less than 1 day a week. In fact, if you have no money, meaning you are either unemployed, underemployed, or a student, we are counting on you to do this no less than several days a week.