PDA

View Full Version : SuperCommittee Members Took Tens Of Millions From Financial Companies

Agorism
08-19-2011, 03:36 PM
SuperCommittee Members Took Tens Of Millions From Financial Companies

http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2011/08/new-supercommittee-feature-on-opensecrets.html

A dozen members of Congress have been appointed to the Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction, which is tasked with producing legislation to reduce the national deficit by $1.5 trillion by Thanksgiving.

Many special interest groups have invested heavily in supercommittee members on both sides of the aisle, including securities and investment firms, the real estate industry and health professionals, according to new research by the Center for Responsive Politics.

Here is table showing the top 10 industrial bankrollers for the committee's Democratic and Republican members, along with how much money these industries have given to these members of Congress since 1989:

See two tables in link

nobody's_hero
08-19-2011, 06:37 PM
Well, this is certainly not as surprising as the fact that this almost made it beyond the first page of RPF General Politics without any replies.

Perhaps no one else here was surprised, but this is useful information, so thanks for posting.

HOLLYWOOD
08-19-2011, 06:56 PM
In conjunction with this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?308239-AP-Special-Interests-Gave-3-Million-To-Members-Of-New-Congressional-Super-Committee&p=3459201&viewfull=1#post3459201

It's much easier to bribe 12 than 535.

AnyHoooo... this Super Committee bullshit is all cover for the other 500 cowards that don't want to be associated with cutting their Re-election funds.

Totally Unconstitutional and why it needs to debanded because we already have 535 that vote and belong to tons of committees

Agorism
08-20-2011, 04:11 PM
bump

moderate libertarian
08-20-2011, 04:36 PM
Lady Gaga fan, good thread. This shines light on corruption of the system that places fox funded agents as watchers of the hen house.

kpitcher
08-21-2011, 02:48 AM
I'm in Upton's district. He used to be chair of the subcommittee on telecommunications and was bought and paid for by the telephone industry at least according to his contribution statements and voting record. Consistent top lobbyists were always big telcom and he always voted to help them keep their gov't mandated monopolies. He moved up to bigger subcommittees and now I see he's hit the big time with this nomination. Sadly I don't see him ever being replaced until he decides to quit. Being a descendent of the founder of Whirlpool corporation, with Whirlpool located here still, makes him a popular guy. It's a shame, with his education and family money I don't see why he has to take any lobbyist money and just be his own person. Guess that's just the typical politician

fatjohn
08-21-2011, 05:07 AM
Why do the other congresscritters allow this? Don't they know that they won't be bribed as much anymore?