PDA

View Full Version : Rick Perry is no Ron Paul

ItsTime
08-19-2011, 03:32 PM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/readersrespond/bs-ed-iowa-poll-20110819,0,4395644.story

Rick Perry is no Ron Paul

4:00 PM EDT, August 19, 2011
Advertisement

Thrilled as I was with Texas Rep. Ron Paul's good showing as a truly constitutional candidate in the Iowa straw poll, I am concerned that Texas Gov. Rick Perry will be seen in the same light.

Granted, Governor Perry is the top elected official of a right-to-work state that has no income tax. That means Texas is a good example for other states to follow.

But does Mr. Perry believe, as Congressman Paul does, that there must be a declaration of war before America invades and bombs other countries?

Does he believe that, as president, he would have the authority to give trillions of dollars to foreign countries or support the Patriot Act against American citizens?

And what did Mr. Perry do, as governor of a state bordering Mexico, to stop illegal immigration or stop the NAFTA superhighway?

Remember that, in 2008, a tea party candidate with no money and no Republican party backing got 20 percent of the vote for governor. There are many Republican candidates for president who sound constitutional about the areas they care about. But only Mr. Paul wants to restore the actual Constitution.

Kathy Jaggers, Rising Sun

FreedomProsperityPeace
08-19-2011, 04:51 PM
But does Mr. Perry believe, as Congressman Paul does, that there must be a declaration of war before America invades and bombs other countries?That's a good question, one I'd like to see someone ask Perry during one of his campaign stops. Framed in the context of what President Obama has done in Libya, it would really be a "gotcha".

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-19-2011, 04:54 PM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/readersrespond/bs-ed-iowa-poll-20110819,0,4395644.story

Wow! Someone from Rising Sun. I used to live there. Small little town with about 2000 population. (Have a lot of friends back there who are Paulites)

Acala
08-19-2011, 04:57 PM
That's a good question, one I'd like to see someone ask Perry during one of his campaign stops. Framed in the context of what President Obama has done in Libya, it would really be a "gotcha".

"Well Son, I think that would be treacherous or treasonous at this particular juncture. But if I were President it would be just good sense. BLAM BLAM. Coyote almost got ya, boy."

Theocrat
08-19-2011, 05:16 PM
The only things Rick Perry has in common with Ron Paul is that he comes from the same state as Ron, is in the same party as Ron, and has the same initials as Ron (RP).