PDA

View Full Version : You are owed nothing

Elwar
11-03-2007, 10:17 AM
Ok, I don't like posting negative threads (some good news, RP is solidly beating Fred Thompson on intrade) but I'm seeing some creeping going on that I don't like.

You are not owed anything for your voluntary efforts.

Do not think that your hours and dollars deserve return from the campaign whether it's implementing one of your "fabulous" ideas or going one place or another, or even a personal phone call from the man himself.

Volunteering is just that, if you expect anything in return for your efforts then you aren't really volunteering are you? Your only motive for volunteering to help Ron Paul get elected should be to get Ron Paul elected. We are not other campaigns. We are not a bunch of pharmaceuticals trying to help our candidate so that they will push our drugs on the kids. We are not big oil trying to get our candidate to get us some oil contracts in Iraq. We are individual Americans wanting the government out of our lives.

I'm starting to hear things like "I've donated $X, I've recruited X people, I've spend X hours handing out slim jims, blah blah blah, and if the Ron Paul campaign doesn't <insert demand here>, I am stopping my efforts." That's not volunteering.

Ron Paul and the campaign are too busy trying to win an election. Don't get in their way, get behind them.

Ron Paul will win. Keep your eye on the goal.

DrNoZone
11-03-2007, 10:17 AM
Word!

pcosmar
11-03-2007, 10:19 AM
The only personal gain I hope for is my Freedom.
It is enough.

CasualApathy
11-03-2007, 10:20 AM
Agreed.

Austin
11-03-2007, 10:21 AM
The only personal gain I hope for is my Freedom.
It is enough.
QFT. A few dozen hours of time now will make it all worth it when his message gets across.

American
11-03-2007, 10:23 AM
If you were volunteering for any of the other candidates you wouldnt be getting this kind of personal treatment either, there is a national campaign going on and since the MSM hasnt been that helpful, per se we have even more work to do then them.

But the reward is much better if this works out for us. Keep up the good work and stay focused.

klamath
11-03-2007, 10:24 AM
Agree

JenHarris
11-03-2007, 10:55 AM
Agree wholeheartedly with the OP.

Would also like to add that unless you've run a campaign and won you are not qualified to insist that the campaign is doing things wrong.

Roxi
11-03-2007, 11:04 AM
+ 1,000,000,000,000,000,000!!!

HalogenFlood
11-03-2007, 12:54 PM
Well put.

Shatterhand
11-03-2007, 12:57 PM
Nice reminder. Thanks. :D

tmg19103
11-03-2007, 01:04 PM
Well said. This is about returning our nation to one that follows the rule of law and the constitution, and that is bigger than any one person - even Ron Paul, though he is the vessel which will deliver us back to a country based on freedom, liberty and constitutional principles.

Akus
11-03-2007, 01:04 PM
Ok, I don't like posting negative threads (some good news, RP is solidly beating Fred Thompson on intrade) but I'm seeing some creeping going on that I don't like.

You are not owed anything for your voluntary efforts.

Do not think that your hours and dollars deserve return from the campaign whether it's implementing one of your "fabulous" ideas or going one place or another, or even a personal phone call from the man himself.

Volunteering is just that, if you expect anything in return for your efforts then you aren't really volunteering are you? Your only motive for volunteering to help Ron Paul get elected should be to get Ron Paul elected. We are not other campaigns. We are not a bunch of pharmaceuticals trying to help our candidate so that they will push our drugs on the kids. We are not big oil trying to get our candidate to get us some oil contracts in Iraq. We are individual Americans wanting the government out of our lives.

I'm starting to hear things like "I've donated $X, I've recruited X people, I've spend X hours handing out slim jims, blah blah blah, and if the Ron Paul campaign doesn't <insert demand here>, I am stopping my efforts." That's not volunteering.

Ron Paul and the campaign are too busy trying to win an election. Don't get in their way, get behind them.

Ron Paul will win. Keep your eye on the goal.

Completely, 100% agree. Everything I did and do for Ron Paul is my own initiative, with no expectations of a pat on the back or a purple heart sent by UPS to me from Ron Paul headquarters. Calling RP campaign over stupid shit must stop. Wah wah they moved the rally 20 miles away, it's a conspiracy. Wah wah, they didn't let RP supporters in the building after 10 o'clock when everyone was told million times that 10 am is the deadline for entering the building, it's a conspiracy.

I only called RP 3 times. All times to suggest things, like more confidence in RP speech, like inviting RP to talk on our local 570 KLIF talk radio and something else that currently escapes me.

Ron Paul taking that oath of office come 01/20/09 should be your only incentive ppl.:mad: