PDA

View Full Version : FDR threatened 10 year prison sentence for "hoarding" gold.

sofia
08-19-2011, 11:45 AM
http://whatreallyhappened.com/IMAGES/1933goldgrab.jpg

Philip Dru: Agorist
08-19-2011, 12:52 PM
How this massive, unconstitutional gold theft by the U.S. government/international bankers didn't become a flashpoint for revolution, or, at the very least, civil unrest across the entire country, is one of those things that just boggles my mind. The good people of America simply obeyed the command and timidly handed over their hard-earned gold for what turned out to be devalued paper. It was a gigantic, open heist and there was practically no uproar.

I don't get it. I really don't.

-C-
08-19-2011, 01:09 PM
Jesus Christ people, do you really think he was throwing average citizens in jail for hoarding gold? Do you guys not understand that during the run on banks, when people were flocking to get their deposits out, that gold was flocking OUT OF THE COUNTRY TO LONDON. All the investment banks had long been beating the average man to the punch, by buying all the gold from the safe's in banks, and shipping overseas to London. But of course none of you will come to understand that almost the entirety of the banks making up the federal reserve, are HQ'ed in London. LEARN THAT.

Oh, and why not link the actual legislation, and not some washington press article that brainwashes small minded individuals into thinking Grandma is going to get locked up for hoarding that pound of gold in her bedroom....while pallets upon pallets of it flock out of the country. lol...seriously....

ClayTrainor
08-19-2011, 01:16 PM
Haven't you heard? Savings is destruction. FDR had to take peoples savings and spend it, so he could single-handedly cure the great depression with his superior economic wisdom.

/sarcasm

Lafayette
08-19-2011, 03:03 PM
Jesus Christ people, do you really think he was throwing average citizens in jail for hoarding gold? Do you guys not understand that during the run on banks, when people were flocking to get their deposits out, that gold was flocking OUT OF THE COUNTRY TO LONDON. All the investment banks had long been beating the average man to the punch, by buying all the gold from the safe's in banks, and shipping overseas to London. But of course none of you will come to understand that almost the entirety of the banks making up the federal reserve, are HQ'ed in London. LEARN THAT.

Oh, and why not link the actual legislation, and not some washington press article that brainwashes small minded individuals into thinking Grandma is going to get locked up for hoarding that pound of gold in her bedroom....while pallets upon pallets of it flock out of the country. lol...seriously....

If the goal of the banks was to steal the gold, then this legislation did that, and they knew it would, regardless of whether grandma went to prison or not.

"Fear of public "disgrace"threatened fine or imprisonment drove hundreds of gold hoarders to the windows of the Federal Reserve Bank today,
to turn in metal in sums ranging from $5 to $700,000.
In the lines of gold despositors were badly frightened citizens who were afraid the $10 gold pieces they received
for Christmas would count against them."

You said it your self, the FED member banks looted everything to London.
They didn't even need to go out an take it, people brought it right to them!

CaptainAmerica
08-19-2011, 03:05 PM
I have a grandfather who buried a bar of gold when he was young. I think it was because of what FDR the fascist declared .

V4Vendetta
08-19-2011, 04:05 PM
And you think you live in a free country?

Acala
08-19-2011, 04:15 PM

Uh . . . what's your point exactly?

You do realize that FDR ordered all private safe deposit boxes sealed and only allowed them to be opened with a government agent present to insure that all Grandma's gold was handed over to the Fed?

Danke
08-19-2011, 04:19 PM
Executive Orders, not applicable to private parties.

YumYum
08-19-2011, 04:24 PM
I believe the primary reason that this was ordered by FDR was to get rid of the Treasury Notes, which were backed by gold. Starting in 1934, FRNs had no competition.

WilliamShrugged
08-19-2011, 05:33 PM

Well.... I think we know what the C stands for in your name...

HOLLYWOOD
08-19-2011, 06:09 PM
After stealing the gold from the people where Uncle Sugar gave you $20.47 an ounce, afterwards, the US government dictated the new price of gold at $35 per oz

Nice 59% profit for Washington DC... then they can say, "We're going to spend 13% more on all you people!" Later on in political life FDR showed his true colors that the central planning government hadn't engorged itself enough of the people's money... so came the Social Security Act, because you people need to have a retirement account forced upon you, with your own money and I'll make sure I set a date you are permitted collect... WELL PAST the average life span of an American. Gotcha Suckas!~

FDR's PS: Oh the government has complete control of your retirement account savings, came borrow against it anytime, can garnish it all from you if you don't submit to government tyranny, and use all the Interest accrued over the decades can be stolen so as to grow government and pays for wars.