PDA

View Full Version : ***Why the Mainstream Media is Wrong***

ForLibertyFight
08-19-2011, 02:33 AM
The MSM has been showing more deserved respect towards Ron Paul since Jon Stewart lambasted the MSM. But even with more coverage, they are trying to spin it and tell the viewers that Ron Paul is "unelectable" and that he will never get the GOP nomination.

The MSM is dead wrong and here's why...

- Time: The time is on our side. The election is little over four months away and Ron Paul is polling 3rd nationally in many polls. In politics, anything is possible in four months. This provides us with plenty of time to combat any rhetoric spewed by the MSM and woo more voters. Our support is made up of fervent supporters who won't abandon Paul and we are going to continue to build on this. Our numbers will only go up.

- The Economy Worsening: As the economy continues to stagger and worsen, more Republicans will be receptive to Ron Paul's economic policies. Ron Paul has the biggest thing working in his favor: Paul predicted all of this 30 years ago and have been talking about the looming economic crisis before ANYONE else. This is extremely important and we need make sure every mainstream Republican knows this fact. It also helps out Ron Paul tremendously that he has a TRUE conservative's record. He cannot be attacked whereas other candidates are vulnerable.

- Strong Grassroots Support: We are ubiquitous! We can be found in big cities, small towns, college campuses, retirement homes, and even in other countries! Paul has a dedicated grassroots/support base that he can count on, especially in the early primary states. No other candidate even comes REMOTELY close to the grassroots support Paul has. If there is even a Mitt Romney Forums or Michelle Bachmann's Forums, I can probably count all of their members with my fingers.

- Paul's Impeccable Record: No matter how much one may disagree with the Paul, one has to give him credit for never abandoning his convictions or principles. Unlike the other candidates, he CANNOT be attacked for flip-flopping or betraying his views. (The racist newsletter attacks need to be addressed. This will certainly come up and the MSM will try to assassinate his character with this) Paul is the most ideologically consistent candidate running for president in U.S. history and we should definitely play this angle with the voters. He is a true statesman, and unfortunately, the only person I can really think of in modern politics. The most exciting thing is that we have a chance to put him in the White House! Now wouldn't that be something after decades of scumbag politicians occupying the White House?

I like to say that Ron Paul is Howard Roark of our times. :cool:

- Money: Ron Paul can raise a lot of money, and his super PAC, the Revolution PAC, is expected to raise a ton of money. He also raised the most money out of all the candidates, including Obama, from military service members. This is huge and need to be pushed with the average Republicans! It demonstrates that the military supports his peace and his non-interventionist views!

- The GOP Field: Let's be honest. No one else but Paul in this race is a guarantee to beat Obama in the general election. Romney is just a chameleon blending with anything that's popular with the Republicans. He is an empty suit without substance begging to be exposed and attacked. The only reason Romney is the "frontrunner" is because the MSM says so. In reality he's on very shaky grounds; his record is NOT conservative AT ALL and this can be effectively be used to bring him down. Perry is new but when one scratches underneath the skin, one finds out that he is very similar to Romney. As governor, he increased spending, used to be a Democrat, and even campaigned for Al Gore! Bachmann is another "tea party" candidate but is portrayed as loony and unelectable in the general election by the MSM due to her position on gay marriage, religion, etc. Plus she voted for the Patriot Act. :mad:

Sooner or later, I expect a vicious cat fight between Perry, Romney, and Bachmann which will only benefit Paul

- Paul vs Obama: It's clear that Ron Paul has the best chance of BEATING Obama in the general election. A poll released by CNN in May even said so! Ron Paul is the only candidate who can woo everyone from the political spectrum in voting for him against Obama. Paul's anti-war stance, pro-liberty stance, small and limited government stance will easily leave Obama a one-term president.

I would pay a million dollars to watch Paul call out Obama in a national debate on his false promises and the continuation of the Bush policies on everything. :D

- The Media: Thank you Jon Stewart for lambasting the MSM! Since the attack was aired, the MSM has been showing more respectful toward Paul and his campaign. Hopefully, if Paul continues to be in the spotlight in the news, believe me, Ron Paul will be a force to be reckoned with. We just have to deal with the "he is unelectable" rhetoric.

Ron Paul CAN win. There's no doubt that a Ron Paul presidency will change the course of history. However, there is a lot of work left to do. We need to continue overcoming adversities and fight back!

I sincerely believe that Ron Paul is the last chance that America has to save itself. Let's save our country and change history! :)

ForLibertyFight
08-19-2011, 02:15 PM
bump

Shelton88
08-19-2011, 03:02 PM
bump good points!

Fetou
08-19-2011, 03:18 PM
Good collection. Don't forget the general mood for war in the country as it's own individual strong point. http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20014856-503544.html Theres evidence everywhere. People don't think we are winning the war are terror or should be engaged in such wars. The mainstream media says Paul isn't a real Republican competitor because of foreign policy beliefs. Well all polling shows that people are fed up with wars, and it can't be just Democrats and Independents. I think the establishment is far more out of touch than they realize and it resonates with people when they hear somebody who actually understands and presents support for basic logical ideas.

Paul4Prez
08-19-2011, 03:38 PM
The media were wrong about Ron Paul in 2007, too. They called his campaign "quixotic" when he launched it, and said he was the longest of long shots. Then he finished a strong fourth in a 12-candidate field, raising tens of millions of dollars and igniting a national movement for fiscal responsibility.

They're wrong this time too, and in denial that his support has already tripled from last time, and the competing candidates on the Republican side are much weaker. There's no national hero type like McCain (lauded as a "maverick" by the media), no deep-pocketed media favorite like Giuliani, no Hollywood famous Fred Thompson, and no folksy populist like Huckabee. Instead there's Retread Romney (even flatter this time around), faux-populist Establishment Perry, Top Tier Tim Pawlenty (oops, not any more), an out-of-her-depth Bachmann, an over-the-hill Gingrich, and this year's John Cox, Herm Cain. I haven't mentioned, and I should, Rick Santorum...

cucucachu0000
08-19-2011, 03:53 PM
the part about grass roots reminds me of this quote " Look, the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances. We guard you while you sleep. Do not... fuck with us. " -Tyler Durden

HOLLYWOOD
08-19-2011, 04:48 PM
Watch this and you'll know exactly why Main Stream Media operates/acts the way it does. Jack Burkman explains it all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZuHT9X7e3s&feature=player_embedded

ForLibertyFight
08-24-2011, 03:26 AM
bump

Paul4Prez
08-25-2011, 11:37 PM
Good post.