PDA

View Full Version : Jesus would support Ron Paul 2012 [VIDEO]

RileyE104
08-18-2011, 09:03 PM
EDIT: The title of this video has been changed to "What 2012 candidate would Jesus approve of?" in order to satisfy those harboring negative feelings about the previous title.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3PWHTV0WIE

RileyE104
08-22-2011, 06:40 PM
bump

Jeremy
08-22-2011, 06:40 PM
I don't think Jesus would bother with politics.

RileyE104
08-22-2011, 06:48 PM

But he definitely WOULD end the Fed! My shirt says so. :D

asurfaholic
08-22-2011, 06:50 PM
Take this crap down

Jesus would NOT support any man...

"It is better to trust in the Lord Than to put confidence in man. It is better to trust in the Lord Than to put confidence in princes" (Psalm 118:8,9)

"Cursed is the man who trusts in man And makes flesh his strength, Whose heart departs from the Lord. For he shall be like a shrub in the desert, And shall not see when good comes, But shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, In a salt land which is not inhabited. Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, And whose hope is the Lord. For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, Which spreads out its roots by the river, And will not fear when heat comes; But its leaf will be green, And will not be anxious in the year of drought, Nor will cease from yielding fruit" (Jeremiah 17:5)

God will still provide for his people whether or not Ron Paul gets elected. And if you are a praying person, you should be praying for this country. Not posting crap like "jesus would support Ron Paul." That is pure blasphemy. I strongly disagree with this topic, and think it would be more beneficial for the campaign to take this video down. It is misleading, and takes away from Ron. It takes away from God. It is a lie. A better title and video is "Ron Paul supports Jesus."

RileyE104
08-22-2011, 06:57 PM
Take this crap down

Jesus would NOT support any man...

"It is better to trust in the Lord Than to put confidence in man. It is better to trust in the Lord Than to put confidence in princes" (Psalm 118:8,9)

"Cursed is the man who trusts in man And makes flesh his strength, Whose heart departs from the Lord. For he shall be like a shrub in the desert, And shall not see when good comes, But shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, In a salt land which is not inhabited. Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, And whose hope is the Lord. For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, Which spreads out its roots by the river, And will not fear when heat comes; But its leaf will be green, And will not be anxious in the year of drought, Nor will cease from yielding fruit" (Jeremiah 17:5)

God will still provide for his people whether or not Ron Paul gets elected. And if you are a praying person, you should be praying for this country. Not posting crap like "jesus would support Ron Paul." That is pure blasphemy. I strongly disagree with this topic, and think it would be more beneficial for the campaign to take this video down. It is misleading, and takes away from Ron. It takes away from God. It is a lie. A better title and video is "Ron Paul supports Jesus."

Come on, the entire point of the video is to make people ask themselves, just as it states in the video, "Who would the Prince of Peace support?" - because I can't picture him approving of any of the war-hawks, including Obama, who are running for President of the United States in 2012. To get heated over this video is simply letting yourself think too hard about the title and not the CONTENT of the video.

asurfaholic
08-22-2011, 07:06 PM
I certainly don't mean any disrespect to you.

But I am a little heated about this - read my post a 2nd time - I said it all there. That's what I have to say about it. The Prince of Peace supports GOD. God alone I might add...

BlackTerrel
08-22-2011, 07:06 PM
I'll be honest: nothing positive comes out of this. You're bordering on the offensive.

I admire the effort but this is not the way to support Ron Paul. I think even Ron would be offended by this.

Zippyjuan
08-22-2011, 07:36 PM

Exactly. Jesus would not pick any candidate.

asurfaholic
08-22-2011, 07:51 PM
I guess the truth is - there ARE WAY better ways to present this. True, Ron Paul represents Christianity in its finest form - I believe he reads the Constitution the same way he reads the Bible, and vice versa. We need to reach out to all people, but I feel that this video will turn true Christians away, and very very possibly anger some people. We do NOT want people associating Ron Paul as painting himself as the Messiah. Fine line calling himself "the one" in his ad - which is fine, because clearly he wants to distinquish himself as the one who can beat obama.

he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy - Titus 3:5

Edmunster
08-22-2011, 07:52 PM
You guys are idiots. The real Jesus would support Ron Paul. Not this mythical being everyone makes him out to be. Jesus was a messenger like Ron Paul is. His message was love. Ron's message is freedom. Why would a proponet of love not support a message of freedom and peace.

asurfaholic
08-22-2011, 07:55 PM
Jesus was God in flesh... Not just a messenger... Ron Paul might die one day, but he wont raise from the dead.

Edmunster
08-22-2011, 08:09 PM
Say's who? An ancient book? I won't debate religion but let's say you are right and jesus was god in flesh. Would god not support freedom and peace? I do understand that might throw some Christians off but I totally agree that Jesus would agree with Ron pauls message of freedom, as would Buddha, mohammed, Lao tzu, etc.

YumYum
08-22-2011, 08:13 PM
"Do you think I came to bring peace to earth? No! I can guarantee that I came to bring nothing but division."
Luke 12:51

asurfaholic
08-22-2011, 08:13 PM
Say's who? An ancient book? I won't debate religion but let's say you are right and jesus was god in flesh. Would god not support freedom and peace? I do understand that might throw some Christians off but I totally agree that Jesus would agree with Ron pauls message of freedom, as would Buddha, mohammed, Lao tzu, etc.

Yes, the Bible is hugely in favor of freedom and peace. And small government too. Its really interesting. Tax collectors are really bad sinners in the bible. Check it out yo

edit - actually there is alot of war and fighting - but theres more to it than that..

Sola_Fide
08-22-2011, 09:38 PM
Luke 12:51

YumYum, could I ask a favor of you that you quote the context of the verses and not just the single verse? Thanks. Because in the context, Jesus is talking about spiritual division, not political division:

Matthew 10:32-39 NASB

"Therefore everyone who confesses Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father who is in heaven.
"But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven.

"Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. "For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household.

"He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. "And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me.

"He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it.

Anyway, to say that Jesus would support a political candidate is ridiculous. And anyone who is a Christian who actually reads and believes God's word would find it....not really offensive....just uninformed.

God is not our friend, He is our enemy. We as a country have rejected Him and what we are seeing now is His judgement on us.

RileyE104
08-22-2011, 11:14 PM
Title changed to "What 2012 candidate would Jesus approve of?" in order to satisfy the negative feedback...

sl7yz0r
08-23-2011, 12:25 AM
Ron Paul IS the Savior..

..of course he supports himself :P

RonPaulwillWin
08-23-2011, 02:51 AM
Meh...

YumYum
08-23-2011, 06:53 AM
God is not our friend, He is our enemy. We as a country have rejected Him and what we are seeing now is His judgement on us.

So, there was once upon a time that "He shed His light on thee"?

Sola_Fide
08-23-2011, 06:59 AM
So, there was once upon a time that "He shed His light on thee"?

I think so.

bill1971
08-23-2011, 09:05 AM
I think maybe this was posted to get the attention of the religious right who thinks it is our duty to protect isreal.

angelatc
08-23-2011, 09:20 AM
Yeah, I don't like this at all. I really have very little respect for those that claim to know the will of God on either side of any issue. I believe that Jesus isn't a war monger, but there's nothing we can say to convince the Israel-first crowd that God isn't speaking to them. They're seriously cultish.

YumYum
08-23-2011, 10:33 AM
I think so.

Interesting. Many Christians believe that America is God's favorite country. At what point in history did America have God's favor and blessing, and when did America lose it?