PDA

View Full Version : Ive read this a few times

PatriotG
11-03-2007, 08:18 AM
And after a fourth read I find it a bit disturbing

H.R. 1955 (http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h110-1955)

Already Passed in the house

Before this bill is voted on in the senate I think they need to define, a bit more clearly, definitions 2,3,4

SEC. 899A. DEFINITIONS.

`For purposes of this subtitle:

`(1) COMMISSION- The term `Commission' means the National Commission on the Prevention of Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism established under section 899C.

`(2) VIOLENT RADICALIZATION- The term `violent radicalization' means the process of adopting or promoting an extremist belief system for the purpose of facilitating ideologically based violence to advance political, religious, or social change.

`(3) HOMEGROWN TERRORISM- The term `homegrown terrorism' means the use, planned use, or threatened use, of force or violence by a group or individual born, raised, or based and operating primarily within the United States or any possession of the United States to intimidate or coerce the United States government, the civilian population of the United States, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives.

`(4) IDEOLOGICALLY BASED VIOLENCE- The term `ideologically based violence' means the use, planned use, or threatened use of force or violence by a group or individual to promote the group or individual's political, religious, or social beliefs.

Whats the groups thought on this?

PatriotG

TheEvilDetector
11-03-2007, 08:25 AM
And after a fourth read I find it a bit disturbing

H.R. 1955 (http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h110-1955)

Already Passed in the house

Before this bill is voted on in the senate I think they need to define, a bit more clearly, definitions 2,3,4

SEC. 899A. DEFINITIONS.

`For purposes of this subtitle:

`(1) COMMISSION- The term `Commission' means the National Commission on the Prevention of Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism established under section 899C.

`(2) VIOLENT RADICALIZATION- The term `violent radicalization' means the process of adopting or promoting an extremist belief system for the purpose of facilitating ideologically based violence to advance political, religious, or social change.

`(3) HOMEGROWN TERRORISM- The term `homegrown terrorism' means the use, planned use, or threatened use, of force or violence by a group or individual born, raised, or based and operating primarily within the United States or any possession of the United States to intimidate or coerce the United States government, the civilian population of the United States, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives.

`(4) IDEOLOGICALLY BASED VIOLENCE- The term `ideologically based violence' means the use, planned use, or threatened use of force or violence by a group or individual to promote the group or individual's political, religious, or social beliefs.

Whats the groups thought on this?

PatriotG

What do they mean by "force"?

Also criminalising the adoption of beliefs whether extremist or not, is making crimes out of thoughts.

pcosmar
11-03-2007, 08:27 AM
The whole purpose of this is to prevent or hinder the Citizens of this country from exercising their rights.
It is meant as a protection for a tyrannical government, to stifle dissent, to disarm the Militia, and to control the population.

For those with their eyes open, it is a warning.
It is a Declaration of War against the American People.

noxagol
11-03-2007, 09:36 AM
The whole purpose of this is to prevent or hinder the Citizens of this country from exercising their rights.
It is meant as a protection for a tyrannical government, to stifle dissent, to disarm the Militia, and to control the population.

For those with their eyes open, it is a warning.
It is a Declaration of War against the American People.

Wrong, it is a declaration against freedom! Far worse than just declaring war on people.

Corydoras
11-03-2007, 09:39 AM

I imagine they mean infrastructure threats-- water poisoning, anthrax in the mail, toxic gas in subways, bringing down the internet.

angelatc
11-05-2007, 10:26 AM
I imagine they mean infrastructure threats-- water poisoning, anthrax in the mail, toxic gas in subways, bringing down the internet.

No, don't make that mistake. Assuming that they mean no harm is exactly how we got into the mess we're in now.

SO many of the laws that Bush uses to manipulate the system are expansions of laws that were passed in the '70's and '80's under the guise of fighting the drug wars.

If you give them an inch, they'll take the whole country.

pcosmar
11-05-2007, 10:40 AM

Anything they want it to. Anything they can SPIN that way. Anything they disagree with.

Wendi
11-05-2007, 01:24 PM
My thoughts are the same as they were in the other (I've lost count of the number) threads :D

It is utterly sickening, but not entirely surprising.