PDA

View Full Version : Something May Go Down Next Week - PLEASE READ

ronpaulfan
11-03-2007, 07:30 AM
My spidey sense is tingling like never before!!!

1. There is a MAJOR writers strike next week that will cause the bulk of Hollywood to play RE-RUNS. This means if anything big happens next week, the tightly controlled news will be the ONLY way most people get information about it. Other means to spread information (late night talk/comedy shows, etc) will be NEUTRALIZED.

2. The Pakistani government has already issued a state of emergency (ie martial law). If they knew something was happening next week, declaring martial law a little in advance to prepare makes sense!

Omnis
11-03-2007, 07:36 AM
What?

CasualApathy
11-03-2007, 07:36 AM
Didn't someone just try to bomb the hell out of Musharraf? Isn't that why there is a declared state of emergency?

drexhex
11-03-2007, 07:38 AM
Calm down. Nothing is going to happen. Hollywood is just pissed again.

There's still going to be local media, and cnn/msnbc actually report on Paul anyway. Sure, they spin it a little, but definitely not as bad as Fox News. Also, Chris Matthews supports President Paul - he told us himself at the Drexel Democratic debate.

CasualApathy
11-03-2007, 07:42 AM
Nothing to see here. Certainly not "URGENT!!!!" ...

johngr
11-03-2007, 07:46 AM
You'd be surprised how useful modal verbs are in ensuring that your statements don't make you look like a complete fool. For example saying "Something might be..." would have hedged your position should nothing go down next week.

ronpaulfan
11-03-2007, 07:46 AM
There's still going to be local media, and cnn/msnbc actually report on Paul anyway. Sure, they spin it a little, but definitely not as bad as Fox News. Also, Chris Matthews supports President Paul - he told us himself at the Drexel Democratic debate.

Local news is greatly influenced by the big networks. Also, local news can be very easily bottled up (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIf6W-veSos)

Many of us know what the media is capable of. Next week would be a dangerous environment if things happen.

Even if nothing happens, people-less-crazy-than-me have to admit the writer's strike will hurt the coverage of the Nov 5th fundraiser.

angelatc
11-03-2007, 07:53 AM
Well, you're making some very valid poinrs, but it also could give internet freelancers a huge boost, which could take yet more viewers away from the old media and bring them into the new era.

Same for the entertainment genre. There are thousands of talented writers who can't find a job in the traditional entertainment medium. If the strike drags on long enough, some of them will succeed when they create viral content .

Any shut down of the old media might be bad in the short term but in the long term they're doing us a favor.

ronpaulfan
11-03-2007, 07:53 AM
You'd be surprised how useful modal verbs are in ensuring that your statements don't make you look like a complete fool. For example saying "Something might be..." would have hedged your position should nothing go down next week.

Maybe that's why people think I'm crazy :confused:

On CNN they just said the Pakistani military entered the Supreme Court building. The Pakistani Supreme Court was about to make a decision on the legitimacy of Musharraf's presidency.

CasualApathy
11-03-2007, 08:03 AM
Maybe that's why people think I'm crazy :confused:

On CNN they just said the Pakistani military entered the Supreme Court building. The Pakistani Supreme Court was about to make a decision on the legitimacy of Musharraf's presidency.

Actually, they were deciding if he can run for office again when his term is over.

Just sayin... let's keep it accurate.

ronpaulfan
11-03-2007, 08:03 AM

God damnit. Musharraf blacked out the media before making the martial law declaration. Also he suspended the Pakistani constitution.

risiusj
11-03-2007, 08:05 AM
Nothing's happening this soon.
Isn't it set up so that if Bush declares martial law Congress can't vote on it for 6 months?
If they truly are out to get us then they'll wait.

ronpaulfan
11-03-2007, 08:06 AM
Nothing to see here. Certainly not "URGENT!!!!" ...

Forum mods, I overreacted with my thread title. Can you please change it to "Something May Go Down Next Week - PLEASE READ"?????

ronpaulfan
11-03-2007, 08:08 AM
Wow. Nobody is concerned about this? What the hell?

risiusj
11-03-2007, 08:09 AM
I'm always concerned.

CasualApathy
11-03-2007, 08:23 AM

Dude, we live in a scary world. This doesn't seem that major. Spidey-sense or not, it is pure speculation based on unrelated events.

I would be concerned if i saw any connection, but I dont. The Pakistani government has been in trouble for a long time, with terrorists trying to topple the corrupt government and replace it with their own demented rule. It's a sad situation, and no doubt the US is very involved behind the scenes, as well as officially, but what it has to do with the writers-strike i dont get.

Not everything is a conspiracy... In fact I estimate only 5-10% of all the "credible" conspiracy theories have anything to do with reality. Don't get me wrong, I love all you skeptics out there because you occationally dig up the truth, but you also often get carried away looking for connections where there are none.

freelance
11-03-2007, 08:23 AM
I'm always concerned.

Ditto that.

TruePatriot44
11-03-2007, 08:25 AM
He probably declared martial law because he knows we are going to attack Iran in the next couple days and wants to prevent a backlash on him.

mavtek
11-03-2007, 08:30 AM
I'm only concerned about the money bomb, and how much news it will be.

constituent
11-03-2007, 08:34 AM
what are you gonna do?

nothing.

don't sweat it.

risiusj
11-03-2007, 08:41 AM

That's it. The media is getting shut down so our huge donation day doesn't get any news. Maybe. I don't know. If you believe that the media and federal government are in bed with each other that doesn't seem that crazy. Well, it does a little bit, but they are getting desperate.

angelatc
11-03-2007, 08:48 AM
There was never any guarantee that the Nov 5th event would get covered though. Hillary made a large sum on her birthday, but that was only mentioned as a sideline to the gushing about how many wonderful, beautiful, celebrity people attended the event.

andrewgreve
11-03-2007, 08:54 AM

Just pass out more Zeitgeists, Terrorstorms, Martial Laws, AFTFs and Endgames...

freelance
11-03-2007, 08:55 AM

It's disappointing, but in the scheme of things, it's probably the least of our worries.

constituent
11-03-2007, 08:57 AM
Democracy is under threat there apparently, they suspended there constitution and declared martial law.

uhhh....

someone remind me again how el presidente came into power over there.

par for the course, pakistan is under our thumb, has been under our thumb
and will continue to be UNDER OUR THUMB.

the rest is just details.

CasualApathy
11-03-2007, 09:03 AM
Our (danish) foreign minister just condemned the latest developments in Pakistan.

No big deal, I know...

me3
11-03-2007, 09:56 AM
Even if nothing happens, people-less-crazy-than-me have to admit the writer's strike will hurt the coverage of the Nov 5th fundraiser.
Are there people more crazy than you? ;) :D :p

Dan Klaus
11-03-2007, 09:59 AM
I feel it too...hmmm..perhaps finding out the it was the US air force that bombed the Syrian nuclear site? using small grade tactical nukes? who knows...

American
11-03-2007, 09:59 AM
I'm ready for anything, but until anything happens its business as usual. There is no choice in this matter.

paulitics
11-03-2007, 10:06 AM
I voted yes, because something will go down next week: The dollar.

But yeah, things aren't quite right in Kansas. Al Quada was given land and autonomy in Pakistan, and Pakistan has the nuclear weapons. We continue to fund the ISI, even though the money ends up in terrorists hands. Pakistan was connected financially to the 911 attacks.

Our govt turns a blind eye to the real terrorists while we are busy creating new ones in Iraq.

Elwar
11-03-2007, 10:22 AM
Maybe they caught Bin Laden.