PDA

View Full Version : Can we get nationwide Ron Paul rallies going?

EWM
08-18-2011, 03:05 PM
It would be great if people in each state could start a Ron Paul chapter and hold rallies between now and the primaries to force some recognition and spread information.

Any organizers out there capable of doing this?

muzzled dogg
08-18-2011, 03:06 PM
just concentrate on you and your community
so much effort has been put into trying to coordinate a national sign wave seems like a complete waste

EWM
08-18-2011, 03:08 PM
just concentrate on you and your community
so much effort has been put into trying to coordinate a national sign wave seems like a complete waste

A waste because it's too difficult to get people organized?

CaptainAmerica
08-18-2011, 05:32 PM
I think we should hold our aces closely for now.Ron Paul is in the perfect position as a dark horse candidate coming in so close to Bachmann that they cannot touch his top tier status . Ron is creepin up on them slowly and that scares the media.

ItsTime
08-18-2011, 05:36 PM
Rallies are great, just focus on your area. Also talk to the campaign head quarters in your state and see what they NEED done.

EWM
08-18-2011, 09:48 PM
I wish there was a single website that every state could work through.

banks11
08-19-2011, 03:15 AM
I hear about some meetups and canvasing around my area.Also randomly found this website that is organizing a "SignBomb" on 10/10/11, not sure of the potential though.

EWM
08-19-2011, 02:48 PM
I hear about some meetups and canvasing around my area.Also randomly found this website that is organizing a "SignBomb" on 10/10/11, not sure of the potential though.

What website is that?

banks11
08-21-2011, 12:42 PM
I should have thought of that, http://www.ronpaulsignbomb.com/.

TheDriver
08-21-2011, 12:47 PM
We should be donating money to Ron and/or the superpac, not planning rallies, that the media will only ignore, imo.

TexMac
08-21-2011, 01:12 PM
Ron will start having campaign rallies soon. Go to everything you can possibly make it to. Take your friends, family, anyone you can with you.

raiha
08-21-2011, 01:12 PM
I agree with this idea ESPECIALLY because the media is ignoring him. Everyone wearing PURPLE (for regality) t-shirts on the same day, an Olympic torch(or a statue of liberty torch) going from state to state triggering the next rally. Easy for me to say in NZ, I know, but if he is being ignored, it is time for the people to NOT be ignored.
Was gonna suggest this myself but last time i did that I had the same response as OP. Those founding fathers made huge sacrifices for liberty. (Just watched John Adams.)

Anyway well done for the money bomb everyone.

EWM
08-21-2011, 04:13 PM
We should be donating money to Ron and/or the superpac, not planning rallies, that the media will only ignore, imo.

Why not do both?

Napoleon's Shadow
08-21-2011, 04:34 PM
This election will be won by:

1- direct mail (by donating to the campaign)
2- going door-to-door
3- making phone calls via the campaign's volunteer system

Practically everything else is a distraction.

ronpaulhawaii
08-21-2011, 05:11 PM
The above signbomb website has taken hold and fits the bill of a nationwide "rally". The limited value of rallies still provides value; name building, putting faces to our "dedicated band" (the more "respectable" looking the better), internal networking and a "good time".

Even better when the organizers provide value added features, like the Delegate/Convention education that Monica has built into her plan...

I agree, why not do both?

EWM
08-21-2011, 08:19 PM
This election will be won by:

1- direct mail (by donating to the campaign)
2- going door-to-door
3- making phone calls via the campaign's volunteer system

Practically everything else is a distraction.

I think door-to-door and phone calls are a waste of time. Most people don't want to be bothered that way.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-21-2011, 08:28 PM
I think door-to-door and phone calls are a waste of time. Most people don't want to be bothered that way.How many elections have you won?

EWM
08-21-2011, 09:05 PM
How many elections have you won?

5012 so far.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-21-2011, 09:18 PM
5012 so far.
Right.

Anyway, elections are won by direct mail, door-to-door, and phone calls. Other things can help, but those things alone (signs, TV/radio, etc) will not win an election.

Tarzan
08-21-2011, 09:19 PM
How many elections have you won?

God... what a horse's :collins:

EWM
08-21-2011, 09:22 PM
Right.

Anyway, elections are won by direct mail, door-to-door, and phone calls. Other things can help, but those things alone (signs, TV/radio, etc) will not win an election.

How many people do you know of changed their votes from door-to-door and phone calls?

ronpaulhawaii
08-21-2011, 09:28 PM
I think door-to-door and phone calls are a waste of time. Most people don't want to be bothered that way.

My experience is that the majority of voters understand it as part of the political process and appreciate the visit... Phone calls are alright and definitely necessary, but there ain't nothing like a quick and respectful visit...

Napoleon's Shadow
08-21-2011, 09:38 PM
How many people do you know of changed their votes from door-to-door and phone calls?
THOUSANDS actually. Again, this is how elections are won, I've won several elections using these methods.

Likely Republican voters actually appreciate someone coming to their door (most of the time) telling them about a candidate. Often times they will have questions and don't know where to get information. Someone hand delivering them information is usually well-received.

EWM
08-21-2011, 09:38 PM
My experience is that the majority of voters understand it as part of the political process and appreciate the visit... Phone calls are alright and definitely necessary, but there ain't nothing like a quick and respectful visit...

If it works, great. But I personally don't like to be bothered that way.

EWM
08-21-2011, 09:39 PM
THOUSANDS actually. Again, this is how elections are won, I've won several elections using these methods.

Likely Republican voters actually appreciate someone coming to their door (most of the time) telling them about a candidate. Often times they will have questions and don't know where to get information. Someone hand delivering them information is usually well-received.

Mid west?

Napoleon's Shadow
08-21-2011, 09:47 PM
If it works, great. But I personally don't like to be bothered that way.
You are not the average likely Republican voter either. What may annoy you is not the same thing that would annoy the average Republican voter.

EWM
08-21-2011, 09:51 PM
You are not the average likely Republican voter either. What may annoy you is not the same thing that would annoy the average Republican voter.

Fair enough.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-21-2011, 09:52 PM
Fair enough.
What part of the country do you live in?

EWM
08-21-2011, 10:05 PM
what part of the country do you live in?

nyc

Napoleon's Shadow
08-22-2011, 06:40 AM
nycAh yes, that explains it. Yeah I imagine elections are done differently there than elsewhere in the US.

ronpaulhawaii
08-22-2011, 07:36 AM
nyc

Have you joined us tabling yet? http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?297645-NYC-Liberty-HQ-Tabling-in-the-heat

Or pub-crawling? http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?296969-quot-Raising-a-Glass-to-Ron-quot-Ongoing...

Or our weekends in NH? 6 of us went to the Lobster Bake and Pub Crawl on Sat... (Other than voting, I set up an internet connection to the MoneyBomb and spent my time rounding up people to donate.... had a steady line going for over an hour...)

Lots to do...

And targeted door knocking is definitely the most powerful... Glen Bradley's race in NC is a prime example. Outspent and out registered, his race was won with door knocking and poll sitting. Face to face, they can see the truth in our eyes and feel the passion in our breath. You just can't beat it for turning votes.

Anyway, we table every weds evening in Union Sq, and are expanding operations. Our mailing list steadily grows...

EWM
08-22-2011, 11:18 AM
Ah yes, that explains it. Yeah I imagine elections are done differently there than elsewhere in the US.

Not so much as far as elections go. But we don't care for phone calls or door to door stuff.

EWM
08-22-2011, 11:20 AM
Have you joined us tabling yet? http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?297645-NYC-Liberty-HQ-Tabling-in-the-heat

Or pub-crawling? http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?296969-quot-Raising-a-Glass-to-Ron-quot-Ongoing...

Or our weekends in NH? 6 of us went to the Lobster Bake and Pub Crawl on Sat... (Other than voting, I set up an internet connection to the MoneyBomb and spent my time rounding up people to donate.... had a steady line going for over an hour...)

Lots to do...

And targeted door knocking is definitely the most powerful... Glen Bradley's race in NC is a prime example. Outspent and out registered, his race was won with door knocking and poll sitting. Face to face, they can see the truth in our eyes and feel the passion in our breath. You just can't beat it for turning votes.

Anyway, we table every weds evening in Union Sq, and are expanding operations. Our mailing list steadily grows...

Cool. I'll try to swing by.

parocks
08-23-2011, 02:32 AM

We like rallies. I'm not sure why. Are we getting data on the people that are there? A national sign wave could easily be seen as a pointless waste of time. If people show up, wave signs and leave, all it says is "we are waving signs months before any election". If people show up, sign in, wave signs and leave, it's great, because we need their sign in data. If they can show up for a pointless activity, they can show up for a more important activity. And the pointless activity provided us with their contact information. So that's a win.

parocks
08-23-2011, 03:05 AM
I wish there was a single website that every state could work through.

There is talk about that. The idea is that groups and activites/projects are at the center of a community site / social network.

What might happen is that a single project becomes a focus, and every state could have activities. The money bombs would be an
example of a project that is focused on. Traditionally, the moneybomb sites have been sparce. Attractive, but seriously lacking in features.
The idea would be to build much more functionality into a moneybomb site. One new feature would be events. "Constitution Day Party" "BlackTHISOut - Ron Paul Free Show" People who are doing these events would list them on that site. People, members of the community at that site, could use the site to work together on the project, if they find it useful.