PDA

View Full Version : Libertarian Party should ALSO fund Ron Paul and his GOP nomination

havoc37
08-18-2011, 01:15 PM
He'll have even more campaign funding and tens/hundreds of millions of supporters from the Libertarian Party. Ron Paul and the Libertarian Party go way back, he used to represent them back in the 1980s an early 1990s. Plus they both want the same thing, so that way he'll have both Republican and Libertarian support, and can take down Obama. Who else wants to see the Libertarian Party also support Ron Paul?

Shelton88
08-18-2011, 01:17 PM
this one is a obviouse awnser

havoc37
08-18-2011, 01:22 PM
this one is a obviouse awnser

Indeed, it's like what they do in Europe and Australia, how they have those coalitions and what-not.

sailingaway
08-18-2011, 01:24 PM
The Libertarian party only has a small number of full time members I thought I read somewhere. What there are are a whole bunch of people who at election time just prefer their candidates. Ron is reaching out to those. But I agree I think the L party should endorse Ron if he wins the nomination.

havoc37
08-18-2011, 01:27 PM
You can contact the LP and tell them about supporting Ron Paul in 2012 if you want: http://www.lp.org/contact-us

RonPaulFever
08-18-2011, 01:29 PM
He'll have even more campaign funding and tens/hundreds of millions of supporters from the Libertarian Party.

I think your estimate might be slightly inflated :D

havoc37
08-18-2011, 01:50 PM
I think your estimate might be slightly inflated :D

It's the third largest and fastest growing political party in the country... And the Constitution Party is the fourth largest and they ALSO support limited government and to an extent libertarianism.

Elwar
08-18-2011, 01:54 PM
If Ron Paul wins, I do believe that they would endorse him. They would likely still do a presidential candidate nomination, but they would probably become divided between a candidate who says that he wants to use his campaign to support Ron Paul, and another who believes that Ron Paul is an evil Republican and that the LP should not support Republicans since they need to support their own party.

Or they elect another neo-con.

aburan28
08-18-2011, 01:55 PM
thats kind of dumb on the Libertarian Party side. Ron Paul is a step towards the Libertarian Party being taken seriously and if they deny this opportunity, the bipolar system will continue.

rich34
08-18-2011, 01:56 PM
Maybe we should start reaching out to both through emails to their party organization headquarters? Sure would be nice to tap into even an additional 20,000 potential activists that could provide fundraising support to these money bombs. That's what these money bombs are missing is the sheer magnitude of people that the ones in 07 had. It seemed like most all of them would average at least 10,000 people each time.

Wesker1982
08-18-2011, 01:58 PM
Of course! Everyone should support Ron Paul :)

RonPaulFever
08-18-2011, 02:01 PM
Given the dire situation facing the U.S. one would assume that the LP would have already endorsed him, but I guess playing politics and their own selfish interests are more important to them.

sabu140
08-18-2011, 02:09 PM
This is a bad idea because republicans don't like Libertarians and they already think he's an invader. They have pre conceived notions about libertarians. Our biggest fight is clearing misconceptions and media bias. This would not help us on that. This is also why the media calls Ron Paul a libertarian to try to make him look like he has no chance. Some people don't even know Ron Paul is a Republican because of this. If you want to get support just have libertarians register republican.

Harald
08-18-2011, 02:23 PM
Support, yes! Fund, no!

From what I've read. In 2007-2008 LP funding was dried up, because most of libertarians of the country send money to Ron Paul campaign leaving little for LP

johndeal
08-18-2011, 02:30 PM
Every party should support Ron Paul unless their goal is to bankrupt everyone in the world and live in the forest. Even the goals of the democrats (for the most part) are best met with Ron Paul's constitutional, limited-government practices.

trey4sports
08-18-2011, 02:32 PM
LP raised like 1 and a half million last time around during the pres. cycle. They put all that money into ballot access and advancing the party, so no, they will not help fund Ron Paul.

trey4sports
08-18-2011, 02:33 PM
also, the stigma of having the libertarian party fund Ron Paul would do more to futrther the meme "Ron Paul is a Libertarian, not a Republican" than the measly 1 million they could provide us with would help.

Johncjackson
08-18-2011, 07:25 PM
While it makes sense for reasons mentioned, at the same time the LP would be ensuring their demise. Why would they do that?

Johncjackson
08-18-2011, 07:28 PM
LP raised like 1 and a half million last time around during the pres. cycle. They put all that money into ballot access and advancing the party, so no, they will not help fund Ron Paul.

Well, if you know anything about the LP and their supporters ( I'm not saying you do or don't) you probably realize the LP didn't raise much money because a lot of LP members DID financially support Ron Paul last time. A lot of LPers made a big stink about that. Of course, having non-libertarian LP nominees did nothing for the enthusiasm. LP members already are supporting Ron Paul. The LP itself isn't going to support Ron Paul because they probably would like to keep existing.

Johncjackson
08-18-2011, 07:32 PM
also, the stigma of having the libertarian party fund Ron Paul would do more to futrther the meme "Ron Paul is a Libertarian, not a Republican" than the measly 1 million they could provide us with would help.

He already has that "stigma" because he is a member of the LP and former Presidential candidate. Almost all media mentions include his 1988 run and the fact that he is running a 3rd time. Frankly "Republican" is probably more of stigma. I can't think of anything Libertarians have done to ruin the country. He already receives LP funding, that's not going to associate him more with the LP than actually being one of around 8-9 Presidential candidates in the history of the LP. It certainly can't be any more of a stigma than being the Stormfront candidate or the paleo candidate.

Billay
08-18-2011, 07:43 PM
They should disband and join the Republican party so we can actually elect liberty minded candidates instead of standing on the sidelines.

BuddyRey
08-18-2011, 08:35 PM
Ron Paul has had more success in promoting, popularizing, and clarifying libertarian ideas in the last 5 years than the Libertarian Party has had in roughly four decades. If they really care about liberty and not just stroking their own egos, as George Philles and several other LP candidates were guilty of doing last time around, they'll definitely support RP.

Zarn Solen
08-18-2011, 09:07 PM
This would be more effective for the general election than the primaries.

Rothbardian Girl
08-18-2011, 09:24 PM
^Agreed.

Badger Paul
08-19-2011, 05:19 AM
Four years ago Minnesota Meet-up groups were using the state's Libertarian Party HQ in St. Paul for our meetings. We used the Constitution Party's voter list in Iowa to mail DVDs to before the straw poll and we used the CP's booth at the Minnesota State Fair to pass out RP literature. You won't get money from this non-major parties but you can get the support of their activists to help you out in the primaries.