PDA

View Full Version : Awesome thing that happened this morning!!!

realtonygoodwin
08-18-2011, 12:37 PM
I got out of my car and started walking to work, and I heard a voice behind me. A guy was walking to his work (near mine) and said, "So, I've heard the name, and I saw the sign that said Google Ron Paul, but I don't know anything about him. I haven't google him yet. What can you tell me about him?" He had seen my bumper sticker!
So I told him a little about Ron Paul, and he said he would have to Google him, because he was interested!

Bumper stickers work!

IndianaPolitico
08-18-2011, 12:39 PM
Very cool!

Fetou
08-18-2011, 12:40 PM
Where can I get a "Google Ron Paul" sticker or magnet? I always liked that one

Dojo
08-18-2011, 12:44 PM
Had a similar experience, was pumping gas and a man came up and said "Ron Paul......... cool, where did you get that?' I said would you like one? (I keep a few in the back seat.) And he said "YEAH I love that guy". I gave him one and he practically skipped away with it saying thank you so much!

realtonygoodwin
08-18-2011, 12:53 PM
Not sure. My bumper sticker is the official one from the campaign. He had seen a homemade sign that somebody made.

CaptUSA
08-18-2011, 12:55 PM
Definitely get a few from the Campaign site. The funds go to the total.

Napolitanic Wars
08-18-2011, 12:57 PM
What can you tell me about him?"

That's evangelism made easy. :)

realtonygoodwin
08-18-2011, 02:40 PM
Definitely get a few from the Campaign site. The funds go to the total.

Yeah, I bought mine during a moneybomb so it would go toward that total.

Dark_Horse_Rider
08-18-2011, 06:28 PM
that's got to make your day !

nice one !

Arklatex
08-18-2011, 07:43 PM
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/store/

Rack it up baby!

brushfire
08-18-2011, 07:51 PM
Good story - I'm out of rep points, but you deserve 1.

I never leave the house without my RP hat, or one of my shirts. A bumper sticker makes a nice touch to. I've been meaning to get a sheet of magnet material from the store- you can make your own magnet if you're not into the "Sticker" thing.

McChronagle
08-18-2011, 07:59 PM
Not to take away from the OP, but i thought id add my own story instead of creating a whole new topic.

theres a message board ive been posting on and it has a general/politics section aside from the main discussions, and ive been repping RP pretty hardcore recently. trying to open peopls minds a bit. ive been able to hold up my own from the arguments that come mostly from hardcore liberals but ive been getting a lot of good reception as well. a day or two after the ames straw poll somebody posted a poll, "Which candidate is likely to get your vote?" the only choices were RP or Bachmann but RP was leading 39-2 a couple days later

justatrey
08-18-2011, 08:06 PM
I agree that stickers / signs do make a significant difference. I say this only because I learned about Paul in 07 specifically because of a "Who is Ron Paul?" homemade sign on the side of the road.

This time around its actually really bothering me that I haven't seen a single sticker OR sign. Literally none for Paul. I live in the Philly suburbs. I'm hoping its only because its still early.

Maybe we should start promoting this more: http://www.ronpaulsignbomb.com/

Romulus
08-18-2011, 08:10 PM
I always get ppl talking when they see my bumper sticker.

KingRobbStark
08-18-2011, 08:26 PM
Get free bumper stickers here

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?304554-FREE-RP-Bumpersticker-amp-More&p=3481265#post3481265

speciallyblend
08-18-2011, 08:40 PM
haha good stuff, i was at a turn light the other day window down and the second turn lane a guy yelled who is ron paul and whats his platform:) I gave him the 5 second platform scream from my window:) I said he is for smaller government getting rid of the irs and bringing our troops home from 6 illegal wars!! Then light changed and he screamed back thanks and him and his wife gave me and my wife a thumbs up!!!:) i swear i could post stories everyday from my ron paul 2012 magnets and stickers!!!

Napolitanic Wars
08-18-2011, 10:27 PM
The times, they are a changin'. :)

Jingles
08-18-2011, 10:59 PM
I woke up this morning and my roommate was watching a Ron Paul speech. It was a great way to start the day knowing that my roommate is sympathetic to the cause.