PDA

View Full Version : When Kathy Griffin met Michele Bachmann

Tax the Fed
08-18-2011, 12:09 PM
Congresswoman Bachmann - "I'll have to get back to you on that"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLXJ_7I7uXI&feature=related

bill1971
08-18-2011, 12:32 PM
Wow people still watch her. I can't stand bachman and I support gay rights but that was just rude. I'm glad Ron Paul isn't like that.

Acala
08-18-2011, 12:47 PM
Not even slightly funny. Or persuasive. Just rude and divisive.

LibertyEagle
08-18-2011, 12:54 PM
Wow people still watch her. I can't stand bachman and I support gay rights but that was just rude. I'm glad Ron Paul isn't like that.

I don't. I don't support group rights. Individual rights, yes.

affa
08-18-2011, 01:00 PM
it was absolutely hilarious. certainly not rude -- you know what's rude? don't ask don't tell. that's rude. confronting people on it is not.

anaconda
08-18-2011, 01:08 PM
I enjoyed that.

Tax the Fed
08-18-2011, 01:53 PM
it was absolutely hilarious. certainly not rude -- you know what's rude? don't ask don't tell. that's rude. confronting people on it is not.

I thought it was much funnier than some of the other youtubes popping up about Bachmann . . .
a Letterman youtube is awful . . . and Dave keeps calling her Michele Obachman.

Many of the youtubes are hardly fair shots at her . . . the one above seems reasonable (imho) in that it is a Palin-type phrase . . . "I'll get back to you on that."

That said . . . this one has some chuckles (to me anyhow) . . .

Tom Petty Slaps Michele Bachmann with Cease and Desist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4_-sw_J3l4&feature=related

bill1971
08-18-2011, 02:17 PM

True, well put. Its easy to get caught up on some groups have more rights than others. I agree with you.

bill1971
08-18-2011, 02:24 PM

Questioning people is not rude depending on how it is done. What Kathy did was rude. It would be like if someone went up to me and said "Have you always hated the poor?" because I am for small govt. Or me going up to somebody and saying "How long have you liked our country killing innocent people?" if they supported the war in Afghanistan. Dont ask dont tell is horrible but there are ways to talk to people.

Tax the Fed
08-18-2011, 02:40 PM
What Kathy did was rude.

More rude for Bachmann to come up on her, flip on the cameras, etc. imho.

So . . . anyway ARE you a bigot Bachmann ? . . . let us know after your next prescription drug fix if your having another migraine attack now. But really, you came up on Kathy anyway.

This may be more rude of a question to Bachmann . . . and she better get used to many more.

Are you a flake?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y86vKatCFa4&feature=related

wannaberocker
08-18-2011, 03:13 PM
That would be like someone going up to ron paul and saying "hey ron you said you would not have voted for the civil rights act. Were you born a bigot or did you grow into one".

Kathy Griffin has always been a nobody and will always try to ride the wave of outrage no matter which direction it blows in.

Tax the Fed
08-18-2011, 03:37 PM
That would be like someone going up to ron paul and saying . . .

Nah . . . Got it wrong still ?
Migraine Michelle Bachmann came up on her with the cameras . . .

I don't think RP would come up on someone/anyone/celebrity like that . . .

And if and when you do, you should be of your senses enough to be sure to have something in your head and be quick-witted with more than Bachmann's . . . "I'll get back to you on that."

FreedomProsperityPeace
08-18-2011, 04:34 PM
I saw her tell that story on Conan the other night. She's a super-lib and a comedienne, so I take any story she tells with a block of salt.

dannno
08-18-2011, 04:42 PM

Maybe a better way to say it is that they support individual rights for everyone including gays. I think that's what most people mean when they say they support __________ rights.. they just want them to have equal rights. Some people go further, but it's not often in my experience.

Peace&Freedom
08-18-2011, 05:29 PM
MB made a friendly gesture and was slapped---she really is a Christian, however mutated by neocon loyalties. Has she never listened to Griffin's monologues? Bachmann should have been vetted on the aggressiveness of social liberal comics in the entertainment industry, who want no dialogue or friendly engagement on those issues. "Do you always slander people who disagree with you, Kathy?" might have been the most apt comeback to make to her, if MB was prepared for celebrity confrontation.

The silliest aspect of the Hollywood set's rants against the 'intolerance' of social conservatives is they fail to understand that if the right were really intolerant of them, they would indefinitely boycott their movies, TV shows and concerts, thereby putting Kathy out of a job.

Cutlerzzz
08-18-2011, 05:38 PM

Gays are individuals with rights. Writing laws against gays goes against individual rights.

Agorism
08-18-2011, 05:46 PM
Kathy Giffords to Bachmann: ”Were you born a Bigot or did you grow into it”

Bachman replied: “Well that’s a good question, I’ll have to think about it”

Giffords: “Let me rephrase that.” “Do you feel that you were born a Bigot or was it more environmental.”

Bachmann replied “I’m gonna have to get back to on that one”

dannno
08-18-2011, 05:51 PM
Kathy Giffords to Bachmann: ”Were you born a Bigot or did you grow into it”

Bachman replied: “Well that’s a good question, I’ll have to think about it”

Giffords: “Let me rephrase that.” “Do you feel that you were born a Bigot or was it more environmental.”

Bachmann replied “I’m gonna have to get back to on that one”

LOL!! I haven't seen the clip yet, thanks for typing it out.

That's actually pretty funny, because, well, of the whole debate about whether people are born gay or choose to be or become gay through some other means.

TroySmith
08-18-2011, 07:09 PM
I can't take Kathy Griffin serious at all. The lady as no understanding of what natural rights are let alone much else.

affa
08-18-2011, 09:10 PM
MB made a friendly gesture and was slapped---she really is a Christian, however mutated by neocon loyalties. Has she never listened to Griffin's monologues? Bachmann should have been vetted on the aggressiveness of social liberal comics in the entertainment industry, who want no dialogue or friendly engagement on those issues. "Do you always slander people who disagree with you, Kathy?" might have been the most apt comeback to make to her, if MB was prepared for celebrity confrontation.

The silliest aspect of the Hollywood set's rants against the 'intolerance' of social conservatives is they fail to understand that if the right were really intolerant of them, they would indefinitely boycott their movies, TV shows and concerts, thereby putting Kathy out of a job.

Huh? The 'hollywood set' doesn't care that the social conservatives are intolerant of them, but rather that they are intolerant of the homosexual community. And intolerance exists with or without financial backing, anyway.

As for it being slander, we'll, that's debatable. As far as I'm concerned, a soldier prepared to die for his country should not have to lie (or remain silent) about who they are. It's as absurd to me as saying 'hey, we can have black people in the military, you just can't say your race out loud'. It's inherently bigoted and judgmental. If you don't agree with homosexuality, fine... but it exists. And telling people not to say they're gay doesn't stop it from existing, and more to the point, is downright wrong. Homosexuality is only a 'moral' issue to those who still think it's some sort of 'perverted choice', and not a state of being. So yes... calling her a bigot for her stance on DADT is strongly worded, but not completely inaccurate, especially when you take her other views into account. And her husband is even worse.

libertarian4321
08-18-2011, 10:31 PM

I think it's safe to assume that Michele Bachmann-like war mongering, neocon, religious extremist, social conservatives aren't a huge part of Kathy Griffin's audience.