PDA

View Full Version : Matt Taibbi: Rick Perry vs. Ben Bernanke: Round One

bobbyw24
08-18-2011, 11:17 AM
Apologies for the long absence – I have a big story coming out tomorrow (definitely come back to rollingstone.com tomorrow around this time) and spent most of last week bogged down in the fact-checking process. I’ll have more on that piece when it comes out.
http://assets.rollingstone.com/assets/images/blog_entry/1000x306/e144a863e60dc8d6ead247f1feb3d1d239c65d5f.jpg

Lots of stuff going on this week, including many dire predictions about the economy, but the most interesting thing I saw in the last days was the sudden appearance of Quantitative Easing as a campaign issue. For those who don’t remember QE, this is a magical money-printing program the Fed has been using two years in a row to artificially prop up the economy (well, parts of it, anyway). “Helicopter Ben” Bernanke has printed a couple of trillion dollars, just waved a wand and invented them, then used those funds to buy things like mortgages and t-bills.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/blogs/taibblog/rick-perry-vs-ben-bernanke-round-one-20110816

iamse7en
08-18-2011, 11:29 AM
I can't take this anymore. It's like there is some conspiracy...

Valli6
08-18-2011, 11:40 AM
Only Paul-related comment I saw, but it's a beaut.
from Hilton Caldwell

Mr. Taibbi,
I searched the Rolling Stone archives for your previous columns, "Ron Paul vs. Ben Bernanke: Round One" through "Ron Paul vs. Ben Bernanke: Round Fifteen" but I could not find them. Could you please point me to the proper URLs? Thanks.

Brian4Liberty
08-18-2011, 11:41 AM
To me this whole issue encapsulates the basic failure of the Obama administration. It has surrendered to Wall Street interests, and in doing so has allowed lunatics like Rick Perry to step into legitimate roles as critics of corrupt policy.

Update for Taibbi: Obama has been in bed with the Wall St. interests since he first decided to run for President. They were his biggest campaign backers, despite the mainstream propaganda to the contrary.

AuH20
08-18-2011, 11:42 AM
Update for Taibbi: Obama has been in bed with the Wall St. interests since he first decided to run for President. They were his biggest campaign backers, despite the mainstream propaganda to the contrary.

No. Goldman Sachs completely stumbled into his candidacy. (sarc)

A Son of Liberty
08-18-2011, 11:50 AM
I never cared much for Taibbi, and this doesn't surprise me. His has always been a leftist take on the economic situation.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-21-2011, 08:40 AM
It would be worth THOUSANDS of dollars if anyone got on camera asking this guy the following questions:

"Governor, what exactly will you do to Mr. Bernanke if elected President?"

"Governor, if Mr. Bernanke DOES come to Texas, as Governor, what will you do?"

"Governor, can you please cite exactly which laws that Chairman Bernanke has broken?"

VBRonPaulFan
08-21-2011, 08:54 AM
that last question would have him stumbling and bumbling like a complete moron.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-21-2011, 09:20 AM
that last question would have him stumbling and bumbling like a complete moron.
That's the idea ;) :D :cool: :collins:

Patrick Henry
08-21-2011, 09:46 AM
Heck, just ask him what QE is. IOW, what is the process of QE.

fatjohn
08-21-2011, 09:49 AM
Oh how I long for the debate where paul can ask a question. Remember Mccain´s sunshine moment