PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Mocks Rick Perry on his Fed statement

bobbyw24
08-18-2011, 03:05 AM
By ALEXANDER BURNS | 8/17/11 9:08 PM EDT

Making a campaign stop in Concord, N.H., Wednesday, Ron Paul bragged about his status as a critic of the Federal Reserve — and poked fun at his home-state governor, Rick Perry, for his heated comments about Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke.

"Now they have this other governor, I can't remember his name," Paul joked. "He realizes that talking about the Fed is good, too. But I'll tell you what, he makes me sound like a moderate. I have never once sai
d Bernanke has committed treason. But I have suggested very strongly that the Federal Reserve system and all the members have been counterfeiters for a long time."

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0811/61609.html

AuH20
08-18-2011, 04:29 AM
I'm disappointed that Ron took this route. Like Peter Schiff in his interview yesterday that during this country's founding times, counterfeiting wasn't looked upon fondly. These are strange comments from Ron. He has no problem making controversial statements about Iran, but then backs off on something that everyone is thinking? huh?

A Son of Liberty
08-18-2011, 04:46 AM
The media paint him as a loon. He's simply putting the target on their golden-boy. I like it, strategy-wise.

bobbyw24
08-18-2011, 04:46 AM
The media paint him as a loon. He's simply putting the target on their golden-boy. I like it, strategy-wise.

Agreed

AuH20
08-18-2011, 04:48 AM

But the golden boy is 100% correct. Flawed messenger but message is right. What Bernanke is currently doing is far more damaging than what Osama Bin Laden ever conceived.

A Son of Liberty
08-18-2011, 04:54 AM
But the golden boy is 100% correct. Flawed messenger but message is right. What Bernanke is currently doing is far more damaging than what Osama Bin Laden ever conceived.

I agree completely.

My guess is that this is an attempt by the campaign to dispel a bit of the "loon" label while trying to transfer it over to the likes of Perry. How can they say Ron is a nut for talking about the affects of the Fed when other candidates are out there saying that Bernanke should be strung up?

bunklocoempire
08-18-2011, 04:58 AM
Ron painting himself as the moderate is what I picked up on.

Wise move voicing that he's not as extreme as Perry.

Saw that sound bite on Way Too Early/Morning Joe.

Some more viewers got the pitch.:)

Bunkloco

payme_rick
08-18-2011, 06:07 AM
Yah, I don't have a problem with the statement at all and I'm actually starting to love it...

One of the biggest feedbacks I'm getting from republican/connish friends about Paul is "He's just out there..." It's good to see him take a bow to another's "extremeness" lol... Now I can say "Well your boy Perry is out there too..."

Speaking of out there, a co-worker and friend who seems to be for Bachmann and likes Perry mentioned it the other day about RP, "I like a lot of what he does, but he's just too far out there..." I was about to go on the pissed off type defense because I just get tired of hearing it, but instead said "You know, you're right, he is far out there... But seeing where "in there" is, with the democrats and republicans pretty much doing all of the same things with us hanging by their strings, don't you think we need someone as far away from all of that shit as possible? Him being 'out there' is pretty much why I like him."

Went over pretty well, but I doubt I'll turn him...

Christianlibertarian
08-18-2011, 06:18 AM
I hope he keeps responding to this. RP does not have to resort to threats and name-calling because he actually understands the issues. Rick Perry does not understand the Fed, but knows that it is cool to attack Bernanke for some reason. He doesn't know why, nor does he know any solutions. Hopefully he gets people thinking about the Fed and they do some research and end up with Ron Paul. The fact that Rick Perry is attacking the Fed is evidence that our ideas have already won.

speciallyblend
08-18-2011, 06:28 AM
ron paul just need to keep kicking them all in the balls and calling out their fake platform and fake stale tea party on bachmann,perry and romney all obama republicans...

Aratus
08-18-2011, 06:30 AM
gentleman mitt has only been slightly more critical of the Fed than barack obama.
gov. rick perry does not want to be a bland texas version of our N.E mitt, evidently!

Tinnuhana
08-18-2011, 06:40 AM
I see this more as chiding the media than Perry, though it does bring up the "say Ron things, get votes" angle. Even the "..governor, can't remember his name", isn't an insult. Ron has used that humor speaking about Rand. Question is: does the media see this for what it is and report it as what it is, or do they play it as an insult to Perry.

A Son of Liberty
08-18-2011, 06:43 AM
"Now they have this other governor, I can't remember his name," Paul joked.

See, that I kind of took like, "if they're not going to say my name, I'm not going to say the other candidates' names, either.

libertyjam
08-18-2011, 06:48 AM
I see this more as chiding the media than Perry, though it does bring up the "say Ron things, get votes" angle. Even the "..governor, can't remember his name", isn't an insult. Ron has used that humor speaking about Rand. Question is: does the media see this for what it is and report it as what it is, or do they play it as an insult to Perry.

Actually it was in direct response to a speech Perry gave over the weekend where Perry did the exact same thing in referring to Paul in a 'he who shall remain nameless' sort of way.

LT for the Truth
08-18-2011, 06:48 AM
Perry is the wrong messenger, I seriously doubt he understands the complexities

Ron should take the oppurtunity, at the next debate, to ask Perry if he had read "End the Fed".

VBRonPaulFan
08-18-2011, 08:13 AM

Yeah, except he isn't serious or genuine when he speaks against the Fed and doing so in that light only marginalizes all the groundwork that Paul has been laying down for decades. Don't think for a second that that fake son of a bitch needs any praise from us for what he's doing.

fj45lvr
08-18-2011, 09:07 AM
I guess the bankers want to replace bernanke, so they will go along with this little skit with Perry for the drama of having a new chairman "turning a new leaf"...LOL LOL playing the serfs is easy

sailingaway
08-18-2011, 09:10 AM
I'm disappointed that Ron took this route. Like Peter Schiff in his interview yesterday that during this country's founding times, counterfeiting wasn't looked upon fondly. These are strange comments from Ron. He has no problem making controversial statements about Iran, but then backs off on something that everyone is thinking? huh?

He said in the same speech that the founders gave a death penalty for counterfeiting. Don't jump to conclusions.

armstrong
08-18-2011, 09:14 AM
http://lubbockonline.com/texas/2011-...e-near-andrews

yea jobs in Texas good for Gov. Perry - must of cost alot and had lots of jobs to build it too

what do you think about this

mtmedlin
08-18-2011, 09:22 AM
Let Ron be Ron, consistant in his message. Ron says what he says with tact and a level of statesmenship. If Perry wants to be the Uber radical, awsome. He will Howard himself and be out of the race!

bunklocoempire
08-18-2011, 12:46 PM
Now on Yahoo.:)

Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul, the national drumbeater against the Federal Reserve...

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/ron-paul-rick-perry-makes-look-moderate-140851105.html

Bunkloco

Brian4Liberty
08-18-2011, 01:25 PM
Ron Paul Mocks Rick Perry

The title and story are media spin. Ron did not "mock" Perry. He just used a joke to remind everyone that this is his issue.

Tax the Fed
08-18-2011, 02:29 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/ron-paul-rick-perry-makes-look-moderate-140851105.html

Texas Gov. Rick Perry said earlier this week that Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke would be "almost treasonous" if he increases the money supply before the elections in November.

And whatever Ron Paul needs/does to get this matter into the discussion mix more, the better. He is the Chair of the Monetary Policy Sub-Committee, let others bash Bennie as well - that's fine with me.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-21-2011, 08:36 AM
It would be worth THOUSANDS of dollars if anyone got on camera asking this guy the following questions:

"Governor, what exactly will you do to Mr. Bernanke if elected President?"

"Governor, if Mr. Bernanke DOES come to Texas, as Governor, what will you do?"

"Governor, can you please cite exactly which laws that Chairman Bernanke has broken?"

Dreamofunity
08-21-2011, 11:33 AM
While decent questions, did you really have to post the exact thing 9 times? Come on Matt...

surf
08-21-2011, 12:21 PM
ron paul just need to keep kicking them all in the balls and calling out their fake platform and fake stale tea party on bachmann,perry and romney all obama republicans...
+ rep for my favorite Colorado dude. i bet Romney wears a cup though