PDA

View Full Version : Do you think any candidate entered the race simply to siphon votes from Ron Paul?

guitarlifter
08-18-2011, 01:02 AM
Herman Cain rings a bell, and now we have Rick Perry trumpeting the "audit the fed" mantra that Ron Paul wrote a book on, has been speaking about for decades and even gained a leadership position just so he could do it. What if Perry tried to copy more of Ron Paul's speaking lines and the media pumped him up to be the real deal? He'd basically be saying the things that the American populace would want to hear, and the media would actually give him attention because they know he would continue the status quo should he win the POTUS, not disrupt it. Thoughts?:

DamianTV
08-18-2011, 05:17 AM
Yeah, ALL of them.

TheViper
08-18-2011, 05:28 AM
All of them sound like they read one of Dr. Paul's books and then decided they too could run for president.

But you can hear the difference when they speak. They read the books....Dr. Paul wrote them.

libertyjam
08-18-2011, 05:58 AM
Herman Cain rings a bell, and now we have Rick Perry trumpeting the "audit the fed" mantra that Ron Paul wrote a book on, has been speaking about for decades and even gained a leadership position just so he could do it. What if Perry tried to copy more of Ron Paul's speaking lines and the media pumped him up to be the real deal? He'd basically be saying the things that the American populace would want to hear, and the media would actually give him attention because they know he would continue the status quo should he win the POTUS, not disrupt it. Thoughts?:

What ya mean, what if? It's already happening! Local news has already given Perry many times the coverage it gave Ron on Rick's announcement of running for Pres.

Krugerrand
08-18-2011, 06:21 AM
To me it's more of throwing things up against the wall and see what sticks. Part of why they get the hype is that they the new popular candidate in the race. They get a bounce in the polls and then fizzle. None of them stick and none of them will. I don't think it's to siphon votes away from Ron Paul right now as much as it is to try and find somebody that can beat him. People are not satisfied with the choices for president and so they jump on whoever the 'new guy' is. Just like Fred Thompson last go around.

The beauty of it is that they are siphoning votes away from Romney. Each time this happens a supporter of Romney jumps his ship. As theses people get disinterested with the 'new guy' they are more likely to find Ron Paul. And, from the way it looks, the people that find Ron Paul don't leave him.

Conclusion, in trying desperately to find somebody to beat Ron Paul, the result is votes are being siphoned TO him.

Steve-in-NY
08-18-2011, 08:13 AM
Do you think any candidate entered the race simply to siphon votes from Ron Paul?
I thought I was the only one, especially with all these others saying they may jump in. Maybe Im seeing things, and maybe you are too, but I determined the best course of action was to redouble my campaign efforts.

VBRonPaulFan
08-18-2011, 08:15 AM
I think maybe Gingrich, since he's a big government loving hack and he's basically started spouting off all of Ron Paul's lines...

DamianTV
08-18-2011, 08:19 AM
I havent been paying as much attention on the Democratic Party's Presidential Nominations since Im always here, and we tend to be focused on how stupidiotic the GOP Republican Party is.

Is the same crap happening to the Democrats, or are they just going to put Obama up for Re-election?

extrmmxer
08-18-2011, 08:24 AM
I think they've all been tooled to steal some of Ron's talking points in hopes to steal votes. We heard some of them from the debates, interviews, and rally's. For example, Bachmann is labled tea party and she says the word constitution all the time, Newt talking about audit the Fed, and Perry talking about printing money.

The people are not fooled by the other candidates. We all know they say these things with no substance. Ron on the other hand believes in these things philosophically and his record proves it.

eduardo89
08-18-2011, 08:30 AM
Why else would Bachmann be there? She knows she can't win the nomination, not to mention the general election.

Krugerrand
08-18-2011, 08:35 AM
I think maybe Gingrich, since he's a big government loving hack and he's basically started spouting off all of Ron Paul's lines...

Global Warming advocating, carbon-credit championing Gingrich is my concern. I could see him sticking around long enough to be trouble. But, if we all refer to him properly, I would see him losing a GOP primary.

osan
08-18-2011, 08:37 AM
Two days ago Michael Savage said RP was not presidential material. Might make a good "secretary", though. He first said Sec. of Treasury, then immediately and violently backpedaled, inserting Bachman in that role because she is a "tax accountant" according to him. Savage then demoted Ron to "maybe" sec. of defense. What a pig.

Krugerrand
08-18-2011, 08:39 AM
Why else would Bachmann be there? She knows she can't win the nomination, not to mention the general election.

Because, just by going on the ride she makes HUGE ground from a name recognition standpoint. She can sell books now that she couldn't before. It will help her in local politics ... and down the road it positions her for political appointments, etc.

sailingaway
08-18-2011, 09:01 AM
I think every time a candidate enters the race it DOES take the spotlight to that candidate, but Ron isn't the only one it hurts. I'm sure a ton trying to pretend they have Ron's positions split the vote Ron would get, but I don't really think it is productive to think they got in just to stop Ron. I DO think the establishment is pushing establishment candidates they are pretending are conservative (Perry, now Ryan) because they generally don't like the conservative field, though.

oyarde
08-18-2011, 10:23 AM
no

Dianne
08-18-2011, 10:46 AM
I believe Gulliani will come in to focus entirely on Ron Paul.