PDA

View Full Version : Why did Bachmann get sick back stage at the Ames debate?

Bruno
08-17-2011, 11:45 PM
Rumor has it that she got sick in a bucket during the break.

We all saw her go back stage during numerous breaks duing the Fox debate in Ames. The media noticed, it was called out by the commentator as she was late coming back from commercial. Word has it she was asked not to leave the stage as the breaks were short.

There are many reasons why she may have gotten sick. Nerves, headaches, illness, fear, medications, or a combination of these. She is routinely showing up late, missing in action and providing short speeches, and prone to sudden hospital visits.

People question Ron's age. I question all the candidate's health. Part of selecting a President is picking that person for four years to lead in good health, with a solid decision-making capacity, and the ability to handle the stress of the position. If there are health issues, we should know about it for any candidate who presents themselves as a presidential candidate. There are drug tests for far less important jobs in this country. We should hold our candidates to a higher standard.

I know I will catch some flack for this from some, as unproductive or perhaps even harmful, but it has merit to be questioned if this allegation is true, which I believe it to be.

LibertyEagle
08-17-2011, 11:54 PM
I read that the media had agreed to give long enough breaks for her to go touch up her make-up during the debate. The one in which she was late getting back, they had told her she didn't have enough time to go backstage, but she did it anyway. On the other hand, I think the media liked making her look bad. In other words, I don't think it will be long until they start treating her like a poor stepchild too.

pcosmar
08-17-2011, 11:55 PM
I know I will catch some flack for this from some, as unproductive or perhaps even harmful, but it has merit to be questioned if this allegation is true, which I believe it to be.

I wouldn't be concerned with her being elected.

Watching her appearances,, I suspect she will drop out/burn out shortly.

Whether health, stress, or drugs,,,she won't last long.

trey4sports
08-17-2011, 11:56 PM
I think she does have some health issues

Bruno
08-18-2011, 12:01 AM
I wouldn't be concerned with her being elected.

Watching her appearances,, I suspect she will drop out/burn out shortly.

Whether health, stress, or drugs,,,she won't last long.

You are correct, she really will fizzle quickly, it is appearing.

Anti Federalist
08-18-2011, 12:03 AM
It's been reported that she suffers from severe migraines, which can cause pain great enough to bring on vomiting.

kah13176
08-18-2011, 12:05 AM
If people think Paul's age is important, then I think Bachmann's health is too.

trey4sports
08-18-2011, 12:09 AM
Her ames speech sounded like that of a speech from someone who was on some painkillers.

Imaginos
08-18-2011, 05:01 AM
If people think Paul's age is important, then I think Bachmann's health is too.
This.
Screw this 'he's too old' bs.
One of my relatives worked as a dentist 3~4 hours a day at tender age of 99 just a couple years ago.
Yes, you heard it correctly.
I said 99 years young.
And from what I heard, he's as competitive as any young dentist.
Dr. Paul is only 75 years young and I am sure he can beat Bachmann, Romney, and other puppets in any sports at any given day.

Philhelm
08-18-2011, 06:12 AM
Ron Paul has a Constitution of 20, so not only is he a Constitution expert, but he also gets +5 HP per level...and he's level 100!

Original_Intent
08-18-2011, 06:20 AM
I blame deep fried butter - or she got a bad corn dog. :D

Aratus
08-18-2011, 06:27 AM
^ seriously, heatstroke compounds and adds to all other factors ^

pacelli
08-18-2011, 06:43 AM
I'd like to preemptively welcome all bachman supporters. She's had so many wonderful things to say about Ron Paul over the years. It really is a natural transition, to support Ron when she throws in the towel.

minuteman76
08-18-2011, 06:47 AM
I live in Northwest Florida, and I can't say I have met a Bachmann supporter yet. But maybe I'm just not looking hard enough. In any case, I think the debt ceiling increase is the issue we reel alienated Bachmann supporters in with.

Elwar
08-18-2011, 06:48 AM
People get sick. Nixon was sick the day he went up against Kennedy in the first televised debates. It made him appear nervous and weak on TV while his radio listeners believed he won the debate.

I am willing to give it a pass for one debate, things happen. But if it is continuous then we do not need a president who is always calling in sick.

On a side note, has anyone ever noticed that her voice sounds a lot like Hillary? I heard her giving a speech on the radio and I thought they had cut to a Clinton speech.

Sola_Fide
08-18-2011, 06:48 AM
Gardisil

speciallyblend
08-18-2011, 06:52 AM
this sums up bachmann http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noA1DIXC-nI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noA1DIXC-nI

hillertexas
08-18-2011, 07:02 AM
I read that the media had agreed to give long enough breaks for her to go touch up her make-up during the debate. The one in which she was late getting back, they had told her she didn't have enough time to go backstage, but she did it anyway. On the other hand, I think the media liked making her look bad. In other words, I don't think it will be long until they start treating her like a poor stepchild too.

I don't think she does her own makeup anymore.
http://i1037.photobucket.com/albums/a458/hillertexas/bachmann-spray.jpg
U.S. Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachmann receives styling during a commercial break during the Republican presidential debate in Ames, Iowa August 11, 2011. (REUTERS)
http://i1037.photobucket.com/albums/a458/hillertexas/Picture25.png
Republican presidential hopeful Michele Bachmann has makeup applied for a television interview after the Republican presidential debate on Thursday, August 11, 2011 in Ames, IA.

That being said...

h ttp://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/08/12/behind-bachmanns-debate-disappearance/

In a Twitter post that evening, Jennifer Jacobs, a Des Moines Register reporter, wrote, “Bachmann left the stage at every commercial break, even during the last one, when the Fox crew corralled her and asked her to stay,” and someone with knowledge of what happened confirmed that account. They said that Mrs. Bachmann insisted on leaving in order to touch up her makeup, even after Fox employees warned her that leaving during such short breaks was risky.

DamianTV
08-18-2011, 08:32 AM
Maybe she is Preggers?

Yeah, that isnt something Ron Paul would have any problem with, having delivered thousands of babies and all!

SilentBull
08-18-2011, 08:35 AM
I guess she's always late everywhere too. Definitely some issues there.

LibertyEagle
08-18-2011, 08:45 AM
this sums up bachmann http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noA1DIXC-nI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noA1DIXC-nI

That is a cool train. :D

Aliangel
08-18-2011, 08:52 AM
Im iowan, and you're Iowan too. We are happy Iowans, with families and strong belief in God. Did I mention I was Iowan? I was born In Iowa so Im Iowan to the core. Ok so follow me this way lets go make our voices heard Obama you're a one term president!

sailingaway
08-18-2011, 08:54 AM
This.
Screw this 'he's too old' bs.
One of my relatives worked as a dentist 3~4 hours a day at tender age of 99 just a couple years ago.
Yes, you heard it correctly.
I said 99 years young.
And from what I heard, he's as competitive as any young dentist.
Dr. Paul is only 75 years young and I am sure he can beat Bachmann, Romney, and other puppets in any sports at any given day.

Rand said Ron's Dad plowed the back acre with a hand hoe into his 90s.

sailingaway
08-18-2011, 08:56 AM
She had a bunch of stuff going on. she was late to the state fair speech then spoke only 3 minutes, was late at Ames, had that REALLY weird speech... had security hold a rope to keep people away from her as she walked, entered directly into back stage at events in Iowa, said she was at a family reunion as a reason for being late, but hadn't gone....

Honestly, if she was sick, I think she'd have done better to just say she was sick.

Anyone can get sick, and maybe this will never happen again.

But the way it was dealt with makes me think they are worried it might happen over and over, so they don't want to say she was sick.

GreenLP
08-18-2011, 10:59 AM
Rumor has it that she got sick in a bucket during the break.

We all saw her go back stage during numerous breaks duing the Fox debate in Ames. The media noticed, it was called out by the commentator as she was late coming back from commercial. Word has it she was asked not to leave the stage as the breaks were short.
She couldn't handle the guilt of LYING to the American people saying that "submissive" means "respect."

Tax the Fed
08-18-2011, 11:41 AM

Should Migraine Michele get elected president {God forbid} her splitters will only make her crack under pressure. She`ll just sit there like Captain Queeg in "The Caine Mutiny" and roll those steel balls in her hand while America is facing an Armageddon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shFwqX_egbo

I like "she says her migraines are caused by her high-heel shoes" at about 1:45 mark

Acala
08-18-2011, 11:55 AM
Personally, if I had to stand there and listen to all those other candidates (except Ron, of course) I would be bent over a bucket as well.

rich34
08-18-2011, 12:03 PM
Her ames speech sounded like that of a speech from someone who was on some painkillers.

Like a 13 year old cheerleader at a pep rally...

Anti Federalist
08-18-2011, 12:26 PM
////

brushfire
08-18-2011, 12:35 PM
Is there any sense in keeping any RP lifeboats for any Bachmann voters, or an SS Bachmann endorsement?

ctiger2
08-18-2011, 12:39 PM
I think she does have some mental health issues

Fixed

V3n
08-18-2011, 01:29 PM
She had a bunch of stuff going on. she was late to the state fair speech then spoke only 3 minutes, was late at Ames, had that REALLY weird speech... had security hold a rope to keep people away from her as she walked, entered directly into back stage at events in Iowa, said she was at a family reunion as a reason for being late, but hadn't gone....

Honestly, if she was sick, I think she'd have done better to just say she was sick.

Anyone can get sick, and maybe this will never happen again.

But the way it was dealt with makes me think they are worried it might happen over and over, so they don't want to say she was sick.

She was an hour late (http://thehill.com/blogs/e2-wire/677-e2-wire/177205-bachmann-vows-gas-prices-under-2-per-gallon-if-elected) to an event in South Carolina this week too.

AGRP
08-18-2011, 01:42 PM

Honesty isn't something that comes to the mind of politicians.

flightlesskiwi
08-18-2011, 01:49 PM
Im iowan, and you're Iowan too. We are happy Iowans, with families and strong belief in God. Did I mention I was Iowan? I was born In Iowa so Im Iowan to the core. Ok so follow me this way lets go make our voices heard Obama you're a one term president!

i love you. i love you all so much. i love you all.

Imaginos
08-18-2011, 05:07 PM
I work in the healthcare industry (Clinical Informatic in hospital, to be specfic).
And from what I have observed, numeral age CANNOT be used to assess a person's real (functional) age.
I've seen so many young people with horrible physical condition and so many old people with great physical condition.
So Dr. Paul's numeral age is totally meaningless.
What does count is real age/functional age and Dr. Paul's functional age appears to be (at least, to me) in top form.

CaptainAmerica
08-18-2011, 05:30 PM

The large corporate news stations will continue to court the candidates one by one to divide and conquer the vote in favor of Obama.

dannno
08-18-2011, 05:32 PM
I woulda paid $25 to see her barf on the stage.

Imaginos
08-18-2011, 05:50 PM
Advice to Bachmann.
Do the right things.
When you can sleep with good consciousness, your health will improve gradually.
Being a successful thief is harmful for your own wellbeing because stealing is morally wrong.
If you really believe in God, you should sit and meditate about your future destiny.
Because if he does exist, you will burn in Hell for eternity for your action.
Even if there's no God, you will still suffer by the inevitable law of Karma.

MozoVote
08-18-2011, 06:08 PM
I woulda paid $25 to see her barf on the stage.

LOL

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dannno again.

Anti Federalist
08-18-2011, 06:13 PM
LOL

Got him for ya, that shit was funny.:D

NH4RonPaul
08-18-2011, 06:30 PM
Who gives a sh*t about this? I'm telling you, RP supporters are already doing him harm with these ridiculous ads on Perry who has enough of a bad record that one would not need to get into that. More of this and his supporters will be his undoing ONCE AGAIN.

NH4RonPaul
08-18-2011, 06:35 PM
I've met her and she's a very nice person.... not controlled by the elites and even if she is not your candidate you should lay off.. go pick on Rick Perry -- he has an abysmal record... without the personal crap.

NH4RonPaul
08-18-2011, 06:37 PM
I live in Northwest Florida, and I can't say I have met a Bachmann supporter yet. But maybe I'm just not looking hard enough. In any case, I think the debt ceiling increase is the issue we reel alienated Bachmann supporters in with.

She was against raising the debt ceiling.

HOLLYWOOD
08-18-2011, 06:51 PM
Implant Gone Wrong? Sounds like she's down rev on the implant: Today, 8/18, Bachmann did say we must maintain our military at the highest level to counter the growing threat from the Soviet Union.

http://editinternational.com/images/gallery/01-implant_low.jpg
http://www.teletracks.com/images/logos/manchurian.gif

Should Migraine Michele get elected president {God forbid} her splitters will only make her crack under pressure. She`ll just sit there like Captain Queeg in "The Caine Mutiny" and roll those steel balls in her hand while America is facing an Armageddon.

I like "she says her migraines are caused by her high-heel shoes" at about 1:45 mark

Feeding the Abscess
08-18-2011, 07:27 PM
She was against raising the debt ceiling.

She voted for Paul Ryan's budget, which called for raising the debt ceiling for thirty years.

AlexMerced
08-18-2011, 07:34 PM
dl

Bruno
08-19-2011, 07:25 AM
I've met her and she's a very nice person.... not controlled by the elites and even if she is not your candidate you should lay off.. go pick on Rick Perry -- he has an abysmal record... without the personal crap.

Well, obviously she is not my candidate...:p

She didn't give inteviews to local press, she wasn't available at the straw poll, she gave a quick 3-minute speech at the Iowa State Fair, she has been late to numerous interviews, she shows up late and lies and says she was at a family reunion, she spams Iowans with Randy Travis tickets to buy the straw poll, she spouts about being from Iowa and panders for votes but doesn't know where John Wayne was born, she says God through her husband told her to get involved in the IRS and then backtracks and says it was to infiltrate the enemy.

There are plenty of reasons to "pick on" Michele Bachmann. Namely, because she just stole the straw poll from Ron Paul with the help of the GOP establishment and the media, whether she is "controlled by the elites" or not. She had five interviews lined up for the following morning. Either the media and the GOP decided "she will win at all costs" or they decided to ignore Ron at all costs.

If she has health or drug issues that are causing this behavior, we all have a right to know about it before she would ever get control of our military and need to make important decisions that affect the country.

It doesn't mean that I don't have empathy for the personal health issues she has to deal with.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-19-2011, 07:50 AM
She didn't give inteviews to local press, she wasn't available at the straw poll, she gave a quick 3-minute speech at the Iowa State Fair, she has been late to numerous interviews, she shows up late and lies and says she was at a family reunion, she spams Iowans with Randy Travis tickets to buy the straw poll, she spouts about being from Iowa and panders for votes but doesn't know where John Wayne was born, she says God through her husband told her to get involved in the IRS and then backtracks and says it was to infiltrate the enemy.

If she has health or drug issues that are causing this behavior, we all have a right to know about it before she would ever get control of our military and need to make important decisions that affect the country.

It doesn't mean that I don't have empathy for the personal health issues she has to deal with.
Yeah, somethin' ain't smelling right.... I predict some of this stuff will come to light in the near future and her campaign will implode.

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-19-2011, 08:22 AM
Her conscious was eating her alive.

JJonesMBA
08-19-2011, 09:41 AM

Bruno
08-19-2011, 09:45 AM
Maybe if a large majority of vocal Ron Paul supporters are polite and fair to Michele Bachmann, she would have more incentive to endorse Ron Paul (once she drops out of the race), and ask her supporters to get behind Dr. Paul's leadership as well, rather than go to Rick Perry or some other "Tea Party Darling". Just sayin'.

Highly doubt she will endorse Ron, but we may gain some of her supporters.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-19-2011, 10:12 AM
Maybe if a large majority of vocal Ron Paul supporters are polite and fair to Michele Bachmann, she would have more incentive to endorse Ron Paul (once she drops out of the race), and ask her supporters to get behind Dr. Paul's leadership as well, rather than go to Rick Perry or some other "Tea Party Darling". Just sayin'.
Endorsements are based upon political decisions. Unless she has a political reason to endorse RP, she won't. Chances are she will endorse who she perceives to be the most likely winner so that she can either be considered for VP or some type of appointment. Either way she wants to be in good with the establishment.

dannno
08-19-2011, 06:12 PM
LOL

I wonder why this happened?

Last time you gave me some rep was last month..

You not rep much?

HOLLYWOOD
08-19-2011, 06:19 PM
Here's the scary part... the people that had to show up in tax court against Michele Bachmann, when she was an IRS prosecuter, stated she was haughty and your abusive rudeness of the government state against the people. Imagine, if that's how she handles herself as a IRS prosecutor, imagine how she would handle herself as POTUS.

She is campaigning extremely hard too... she has been non-stop in towns across South Carolina since the Sunday morning Ames interviews from every corporate media house ended.

Have you all seen this breaking news? h xxp://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/19/michele-bachmann-super-pac-new-models_n_931427.html

Citizens For A Working America was formed in 2010 by Norman Cummings, a long-time Republican strategist and Blackwell's former campaign manager. All the funds for the group came from a single $250,000 donation from an organization called New Models, a Virginia-based public opinion outfit run by Tim Crawford, the treasurer for Sarah Palin's Sarah PAC and a former Blackwell staffer.

Well, obviously she is not my candidate...:p

There are plenty of reasons to "pick on" Michele Bachmann. Namely, because she just stole the straw poll from Ron Paul with the help of the GOP establishment and the media, whether she is "controlled by the elites" or not. She had five interviews lined up for the following morning. Either the media and the GOP decided "she will win at all costs" or they decided to ignore Ron at all costs.