PDA

View Full Version : So this is my first presidential election as a voter

havoc37
08-17-2011, 10:29 PM
And being the Libertarian Party and Ron Paul supporter than I am, I know he is our man! And I know he can win the GOP nomination. As the election nears, people will be researching the candidates and people these days use the internet for political information, so they'll all see how great Ron Paul is since he's like the most popular candidate online and clearly the most brilliant.

Anyway, I'm 18 and from Missouri, been posting on forums since I was 13 and often participate on political and video game related internet forums. I'm Agnostic - Christian and paleoconservative - libertarian. Well I look forward to discussing and debating here with everyone.

Son of Detroit
08-17-2011, 10:31 PM
Welcome! This is my first election as well.

Arklatex
08-21-2011, 12:26 AM
thank you for a most pleasing introduction... I think you should have made the id HARMONY instead of HAVOC

CaptainAmerica
08-21-2011, 12:34 AM
If you guys are not familiar with electoral college it would be a good thing to learn about . The majority vote of each state does not decide on who becomes the nominee. The nomination process is actually very tightly controlled by the local GOP delegates who are then selected to become super-delegates who then go to the caucuses to decide on the RNC super delegates who will then vote for a nominee. If we do not get 2/3rds of the delegates to support Ron Paul we only have a chance on the 3rd vote at the RNC to get Ron Paul nominated by unbound delegates. The 3rd round of voting by delegates is a rare occasion but it can result in a rare outcome such as James Garfield who became president under the strange circumstances.