PDA

View Full Version : First it was botnets now its ID theft?

devil21
11-03-2007, 01:01 AM
This should probably go in Bad News Reporting but I just saw this on my Yahoo alert:

http://www.kxan.com/Global/story.asp?S=7305398

Earlier it was botnets spamming RP now its identify theft to discredit RP?

LibertyEagle
11-03-2007, 01:01 AM
Watch the video. It's no big deal. The problem is with how they titled the article.

spivey378
11-03-2007, 01:02 AM
this will be used to discredit nov 5

they have another thing coming.

devil21
11-03-2007, 01:02 AM
Watch the video. It's no big deal. The problem is with how they titled the article.

The video doesn't matter. The title does.

Good call on starting to discredit Nov 5 spivey.

LibertyEagle
11-03-2007, 01:08 AM
The video doesn't matter. The title does.

I just called them. They have received several calls about the title. They are going to change it. That is, after the web people wake up. :)

foofighter20x
11-03-2007, 01:09 AM
They can't get anything on Dr Paul or his rhetoric, which means their only other target is us.

I think that's a good thing.

Any maybe it'll make our more colorful members here think twice about their actions.

rodent
11-03-2007, 01:10 AM
This should probably go in Bad News Reporting but I just saw this on my Yahoo alert:

http://www.kxan.com/Global/story.asp?S=7305398

Earlier it was botnets spamming RP now its identify theft to discredit RP?

Maybe it was a desperate hacker trying to feed his children, since he couldn't get a job doing anything productive because he doesn't qualify for welfare.

And to think, he'd be designing church web pages -- if only the IRS hadn't stolen 33% of the fruits of his labor.

foofighter20x
11-03-2007, 01:10 AM
This should probably go in Bad News Reporting...

Funny thing about that... It's already there. I don't think you checked first, did you? :rolleyes:

conner_condor
11-03-2007, 01:12 AM
To identity thieves. Please use rudy giuliani campaign fund raising to check your stolen cards. He is more of your candidate than Ron Paul is. You all have more in common with rudy than Ron Paul......

LibertyEagle
11-03-2007, 01:12 AM
Be sure and watch the video newscast on that page. The title makes it sound like it was RP supporters, but the newscast does not. It was just a bunch of crooks who were using the campaign website to test to see if the card number was still active, by donating $5.

devil21
11-03-2007, 01:21 AM
Funny thing about that... It's already there. I don't think you checked first, did you? :rolleyes:

Nope, I didn't. Since about 1000 people probably get the same Yahoo alert I can't worry about a race to see which member's internet is faster. Sorry.

foofighter20x
11-03-2007, 03:50 AM
Nope, I didn't. Since about 1000 people probably get the same Yahoo alert I can't worry about a race to see which member's internet is faster. Sorry.

Oh, you poor, poor suffered soul.

I'm sorry.

I didn't realize you were so important and full of yourself that you couldn't check the Bad Media Reporting on Ron Paul forum before making a duplicate post of a news story that was posted over TWO AND HALF HOURS before you started this thread...

I'm so so sorry to have EVER impunged your arrogant sense of self-importance to waste the forum's time with duplicate threads... I mean, since you are so important and all and can't be inconvenienced by the likes of little poor us. :rolleyes:
[/sarcasm]

Taco John
11-03-2007, 03:55 AM
Oh, you poor, poor suffered soul.

I'm sorry.

I didn't realize you were so important and full of yourself that you couldn't check the Bad Media Reporting on Ron Paul forum before making a duplicate post of a news story that was posted over TWO AND HALF HOURS before you started this thread...

I'm so so sorry to have EVER impunged your arrogant sense of self-importance to waste the forum's time with duplicate threads... I mean, since you are so important and all and can't be inconvenienced by the likes of little poor us. :rolleyes:
[/sarcasm]

Who cares? Why are you acting as the forum police?

Talk about arrogant and self important.

foofighter20x
11-03-2007, 04:02 AM
Who cares? Why are you acting as the forum police?

Talk about arrogant and self important.

LOL... Um, you do see the nice little "Moderator" under my name, right?

That means... !! I'm the forum police! :eek:

Not to mention that Bryan (one the forum Administrators--i.e. the top dogs who runs the entire site) has asked people to check their posts to avoid duplication before... Is that really asking too much? Christ...

literatim
11-03-2007, 04:12 AM
LOL... Um, you do see the nice little "Moderator" under my name, right?

That means... !! I'm the forum police! :eek:

lol

Ann Kobialka
11-03-2007, 09:31 AM
Does your badge have a star in the middle or an engraved bust of Ron Paul. Enquiring minds want to know, lol Ann

Vaughn
11-03-2007, 09:53 AM
To identity thieves. Please use rudy giuliani campaign fund raising to check your stolen cards. He is more of your candidate than Ron Paul is. You all have more in common with rudy than Ron Paul......
I second that

pcosmar
11-03-2007, 10:12 AM
From the other thread on this issue,

Would these be the "strange" names from Missouri, That were first noticed and reported ON THIS FORUM??
As I remember, it was questioned and the campaign was contacted.
There were a couple threads.

I remember a couple threads about the 'Strange Names" on the fund raising.

Matt Collins
11-03-2007, 12:47 PM
No such thing as ID theft. You can have ID fraud, but no such thing as ID theft

walt
11-03-2007, 01:28 PM
this is why november 5th - though noble will NOT work. WE IMMEDIATELY NEED TO GO AROUND THE MEDIA TO PEOPLE DIRECTLY. The sooner we focus on that, the more chance we have.

KewlRonduderules
11-03-2007, 01:34 PM
this is why november 5th - though noble will NOT work. WE IMMEDIATELY NEED TO GO AROUND THE MEDIA TO PEOPLE DIRECTLY. The sooner we focus on that, the more chance we have.

nonsense. it will work.

dude, why are you always so negative?

reaver
11-03-2007, 01:42 PM
"First it was just random shots at twoofers, sign wavers, and chanting supporters. Then it was PACs, botnets, and ID theft. Now they are blasting us out of the water for raising so much money on Guy Fawkes day, Dubya Tee Eff?:confused:
-guy