PDA

View Full Version : If you were Dr. Paul how would you frame the major issues?

Gumba of Liberty
08-17-2011, 08:16 PM
I will say it, Dr. Paul has not been expressing the idea of liberty in the best way for the American people. In the debates he has gotten too wordy. He needs to simplify his responses and get on the "average Joe's" level. So the question is:

If you were in the debates, they asked you the questions they ask Dr. Paul and they were the questions that pose the largest threat to the Corporate Establishment (namely The Empire, The Fed and The Drug War) how would you respond?

Here is my best effort, respond with yours and maybe we can get them forwarded to Dr. Paul.

Bring the Troops Home: Our boys are too valuable to have them fight other peoples wars! Bring our troops home and have them protect this country. The only way to spread freedom is to show others that it works!

End the Fed: The American People deserve to use whatever money they want. If this is a free country every American should have the freedom to save their hard earned money in whatever currency they like. When they go to the bank the teller should ask them if they would like to save their money in dollars, euros, pounds, Swiss francs, yen, gold, silver, or platinum. End the Feds' monopoly on our economy!

Drugs: The free people of the 50 Sovereign States have the absolute Right to determine their own policies on drugs. The Constitution does not allow the Federal government to get involved! Should we allow the UN to start dictating our drug policy? Of course not and neither should the Federal Government. They have one job to do, protect our freedom!

fisharmor
08-17-2011, 08:34 PM
I dunno, I thought in the last debate he was ON FIRE.
All the other candidates were vomiting mindless talking points. That's what makes our man different: he doesn't do that. He speaks from an ideology, not a 3x5 card.
I think if you try to reduce what he says to talking points, you ruin the magic.

Teaser Rate
08-17-2011, 08:47 PM
If you want to win, don't focus on drugs, don't focus on attacking American foreign policy and don't focus on ending the Fed.

Build an image of what you want to be seen as and sell it as well as you can. Campaigns are not won on issues, they are won on image. The country's been burned last election by a smooth talking candidate claiming to bring hope and change, what Ron needs to do is run as the authentic candidate. The latest ad was a very good start towards presenting that portrait to the electorate.

Teaser Rate
08-17-2011, 08:50 PM
End the Fed: The American People deserve to use whatever money they want. If this is a free country every American should have the freedom to save their hard earned money in whatever currency they like. When they go to the bank the teller should ask them if they would like to save their money in dollars, euros, pounds, Swiss francs, yen, gold, silver, or platinum. End the Feds' monopoly on our economy!

Americans are allowed to acquire as much gold, silver, and platinum as well as purchase as many Euros, Francs and Yen as they can afford.

evadmurd
08-17-2011, 08:54 PM
If I were asked that first question from the debate again about getting an agenda through a bipartisan congress, I would answer it in a similar fashion as he did at a previous debate:
"The fastest an easiest way to get our country back on track is bringing our troops home and ending these senseless and expensive wars. As president, I don't need to work with any bipartisan congress. I'm the commander in chief, and I make those decisions."

LibForestPaul
08-17-2011, 09:05 PM
He needs to attack government. He needs to shed the light on this evil. He needs to highlight the pain and suffering government causes. He talks about taxes, he should be talking about violence, he talks about entitlements, he should talk about voluntary charity. He needs to be a freedomist, and show how his views are for freedom, and how all other candidates are against freedom, voluntary charity, hard-work, and self-reliance.

TRIGRHAPPY
08-17-2011, 09:06 PM
Non-Intervention: Even if you believe invading Iraq was justified and legal, which I do not. Even if you like the result despite all the justifications to go in being false... Even if you agree with staying in Afghanistan despite having killed Bin Laden....which was our only justification for going in the first place. Even if you disagree with me on all of that, we must cut government spending. We, as Americans, have 2 choices... We either make substantial cuts to medicare and social security, or we end these wars, we can no longer afford both. I prefer ending the wars, my opponents clearly do not.

Immigration: Illegal immigrants have been the demonized scape-goats, when in reality, they could be a very valuable resource to this country. I do not, and will never support amnesty, the right for them to vote, and I am totally opposed to extending any federal government benefits to them. However, if we allowed them to self-report, to work in our country legally and pay all the taxes every American citizen pays....we could stabilize social security and medicare/medicaid overnight.