PDA

View Full Version : RP Campaign needs $1.5 Million

Pheonix
08-17-2011, 07:44 PM
Dear ------,

As you know, once someone finds out about Ron Paul’s untouchable record on the issues, it’s often not long before they become an enthusiastic supporter. Along with tv ads, our mailings, phone calls, and campaign visits into targeted states speak directly to the voters by presenting Ron Paul’s record without any censoring by establishment gatekeepers.

We don't need the $20 million dollars our opponents have in their special interest-funded war chests.

But we do need the funds to run these programs in the coming weeks. To fully implement our plans for the rest of August and early September, our campaign needs $1.5 million.

I know this is a big goal, but I believe the media blackout has provided us with an excellent opportunity to show grassroots Americans that Ron Paul is the candidate the establishment is really worried about.

So I hope you'll pledge today to donate on August 20th.

In Iowa, we showed the world that we are organized, determined, and focused on putting Ron Paul in the White House.

They can try to ignore what we accomplished, but you and I shouldn't. It was quite the feat by our campaign.

We are running a thorough and professional campaign, staffed by defenders of liberty with experience in strategy, media, organization, and voter outreach.

Many of these same staffers helped Rand Paul win office in what were widely acknowledged as a pair of well-run victories last year in Kentucky – and they took on the full weight of the establishment there also.

Take a look at our poll numbers, our Straw Poll success, our voter outreach, and take another look at our newest TV ad, entitled, "The One."

We CAN win this race. But not without your support.

So please, help us keep this ad running, increase our mailings to targeted voters, and equip our veteran staff with even more resources necessary to win. Help us fight back against the deliberate attacks and media blackout from the frightened establishment.

Yes, I said frightened. Remember, the establishment of both parties doesn't want to see their gravy train of endless deficit spending and endless war stopped.

But stop it we will. And they know it.

Thanks for all you're doing for our campaign. Please pledge today to give to the Ron Paul Birthday Money Bomb on August 20th!

For Liberty,
John Tate
Campaign Manager

P.S. Help us go straight to the American people by keeping our latest ad on the air and funding mailings, campaign visits, phone calls, and more into key states by donating to our Ron Paul Birthday Money Bomb on August 20th.

Please pledge today to donate and share the link with your family and friends.

IndianaPolitico
08-17-2011, 07:46 PM
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=197265100335690#!/event.php?eid=197265100335690
We just passed 3,000 attending! Keep on promoting, a big showing is a MUST! Let's not have any regrets after this money bomb!

Shelton88
08-17-2011, 07:48 PM
my family and i are in

trey4sports
08-17-2011, 07:49 PM
you heard the man - we need AT LEAST 1.5 million! Git'r dun

trey4sports
08-17-2011, 07:50 PM
my family and i are in

+rep, keep spreading the message!

RonPaulFever
08-17-2011, 07:54 PM
I have a feeling that we'll reach 1.5 million by early afternoon of August 20th. Then another 2 mil in the evening.

trey4sports
08-17-2011, 07:55 PM
I have a feeling that we'll reach 1.5 million by early afternoon of August 20th. Then another 2 mil in the evening.

well well, quite the optimist you are.

misconstrued
I just pledged another $100, but I'll probably go for at least $200. Dig deep people!

3408 pledges so far. $222,383 pledged. (the widget is visible after you pledge)

kylejack
Dear Ron Paul,
RUN A FULL-TIME DONATIONS TICKER.
Regards.

wstrucke
08-17-2011, 07:59 PM
Here's the thing -- if we can get enough momentum going for this money bomb, with all of the new supporters we might be able to get people who are on the fence to donate a few bucks to say they participated. Once that happens, they are going to seriously consider RP and likely stay the course since they have already spent money on him.

hazek
08-17-2011, 08:00 PM
Dear Ron Paul,
Regards.

I cannot understand why they don't do that.. Last time had a few really awesome tickers one in the form of the liberty statue getting filled up, another in the image of the constitution and people's names flashing continuously.. Seeing progress is very important for motivation and nothing motivates more donations then seeing other people also chime in!

eleganz
I might buy some campaign supplies, these still count toward money bomb funds right?

davidt!
Pledge here: http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=233090810061090

misconstrued
08-17-2011, 08:05 PM

And here: http://www.ronpaul2012.com/fbapps/820signup.html?sr=12-0820

Justinfrom1776
08-17-2011, 08:09 PM
I might buy some campaign supplies, these still count toward money bomb funds right?

I believe so, and there is really no reason to get materials anywhere else now that we have the Revolution PAC. No worries of maxing out to the campaign.

mport1
08-17-2011, 08:17 PM
If everybody keeps spreading the word about the 20th I hope we can make it there. Please invite your friends on Facebook and continuously post information to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and elsewhere.

FA.Hayek
08-17-2011, 08:19 PM
we need to have a strong showing! let's get it done for the good man!

rich34
08-17-2011, 08:19 PM
Are there any money bombs scheduled for September? We might need two more depending how the one this Saturday goes. If we hit 500,000 we might need two more, if we can hit 750,000 or above maybe just one. Either way, we're going to have to prepare for a major money bomb with big time promotion. I know some feel that's not the way to go, but I think that's the only way we're going to be able to raise Congressman Paul the kind of money he needs unless he can get out and do more traditional fundraisers with Rand and company.

mport1
08-17-2011, 08:30 PM
Dear Ron Paul,
Regards.

+1,000,000

Uriah
08-17-2011, 08:35 PM
I think the grassroots will donate $1,000,000 plus on Ron's birthday. This money bomb has a very nice personal touch to it. Birthday bombs in the form of cash to get liberty elected for the man we love.

RonPaulFever
08-17-2011, 08:40 PM
well well, quite the optimist you are.

It's not like we haven't done it before :)

trey4sports
08-17-2011, 08:40 PM
I cannot understand why they don't do that.. Last time had a few really awesome tickers one in the form of the liberty statue getting filled up, another in the image of the constitution and people's names flashing continuously.. Seeing progress is very important for motivation and nothing motivates more donations then seeing other people also chime in!

i think fundraising has been short of what they would have really liked. If you're having a bad quarter there is no reason to telegraph that to all the other campaigns and media until you have to file.

Echoes
08-17-2011, 08:42 PM
Im gonna try to plug the bomb friday on Alex Jones, other AJ listeners try to do the same. Lines get busy, but one of us should get through

Uriah
08-17-2011, 08:43 PM
https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=197265100335690

3,232 attending, that is 200 more in the last hour!!! Keep it up. Let's give Ron the best birthday present yet!

Aliangel
08-17-2011, 08:50 PM
Why doesn't alex jones do a video about the 20th??

PEnemy
08-17-2011, 08:51 PM
Email his office, maybe he will.

mport1
08-17-2011, 08:53 PM
i think fundraising has been short of what they would have really liked. If you're having a bad quarter there is no reason to telegraph that to all the other campaigns and media until you have to file.

If they had a ticker up the whole time I think fundraising would be a lot better.

kylejack
08-17-2011, 08:53 PM
Actually, we're doing quite well. We were second only to Megabucks Romney last quarter. Pawlenty was close behind us and he's done. Bachman was almost a million behind and half of that was a transfer from another fund. Then it was Newt, Cain, and Santorum, all of who are going nowhere.

Perry's going to bring a lot of money from a lot of friends, true, but I sincerely doubt the campaign is disappointed in what we've done.

Q2 2007: 2.4M
Q2 2011: 4.5M in a down economy with significant unemployment

Big improvement, and I'm really proud of us.

wstrucke
08-17-2011, 08:54 PM

3,232 attending, that is 200 more in the last hour!!! Keep it up. Let's give Ron the best birthday present yet!

Let's hope most of these people actually donate on Saturday. It's trivial to click "like" or "attend" on facebook, but another thing entirely when it comes to your bank account.

wstrucke
08-17-2011, 08:56 PM

What the hell? That isn't the official event - this is (https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=197265100335690).

bolidew
08-17-2011, 08:57 PM
Facebook being popular is the best thing happened during the post 4 years :D

trey4sports
08-17-2011, 09:05 PM
Actually, we're doing quite well. We were second only to Megabucks Romney last quarter. Pawlenty was close behind us and he's done. Bachman was almost a million behind and half of that was a transfer from another fund. Then it was Newt, Cain, and Santorum, all of who are going nowhere.

Perry's going to bring a lot of money from a lot of friends, true, but I sincerely doubt the campaign is disappointed in what we've done.

Q2 2007: 2.4M
Q2 2011: 4.5M in a down economy with significant unemployment

Big improvement, and I'm really proud of us.

yes yes, i know all of this.

We've had 1 moneybomb this quarter that raised 500K, so we are on a trajectory that wont match last quarters fundraising, and yes you are correct we out raised everyone with the exception of Romney but quite frankly 5 million for a campaign that wont get a dimes worth of advertising from the media is not that great.

Just because it is comparatively better than the others does not mean it is good for us. We have more obstacles and less friends than all the other campaigns so thinking we can run a winning campaign on a couple million bucks is not going to cut it.

wstrucke
08-17-2011, 09:10 PM
The more popular Ron Paul gets, the more money comes in outside of moneybombs. These were great for PR and raising funds once or twice when NO ONE would listen to him, no one cared on facebook, and all of our promotion came from Digg and YouTube. Now we have a lot of tools at our disposal, the least of which being Campaign for Liberty and word of mouth of the last four years. People are donating all of the time -- I believe you will see higher numbers at the end of this quarter than the money bomb can even account for. He's catching on!

NickOdell
08-17-2011, 09:13 PM
The more popular Ron Paul gets, the more money comes in outside of moneybombs. These were great for PR and raising funds once or twice when NO ONE would listen to him, no one cared on facebook, and all of our promotion came from Digg and YouTube. Now we have a lot of tools at our disposal, the least of which being Campaign for Liberty and word of mouth of the last four years. People are donating all of the time -- I believe you will see higher numbers at the end of this quarter than the money bomb can even account for. He's catching on!

I think you're exactly right. Moneybombs are more of just the core-grassroots showing off :)
Still, I think this really needs to be the biggest one yet, in light of the media black out, and it very well could be.

trey4sports
08-17-2011, 09:14 PM

Ron Paul Campaign cannot coordinate with C4L per FEC guidelines and the moneybombs accounted for roughly 80% of fundraising last quarter. I HOPE folks are donating whenever they can but i prefer a proven tactic.

trey4sports
08-17-2011, 09:15 PM
I think you're exactly right. Moneybombs are more of just the core-grassroots showing off :)
Still, I think this really needs to be the biggest one yet, in light of the media black out, and it very well could be.

well that is where 80% of the funding came from last quarter.

wstrucke
08-17-2011, 09:17 PM
Two questions:

1) Does anyone know how to check what and how many people have pledged without having to pledge again (and likely skew the numbers)?

2) I forgot my second question, but let's get to it!

wstrucke
08-17-2011, 09:19 PM
Ron Paul Campaign cannot coordinate with C4L per FEC guidelines and the moneybombs accounted for roughly 80% of fundraising last quarter. I HOPE folks are donating whenever they can but i prefer a proven tactic.

Who said anything about coordinating? Campaign for Liberty is a tool at *our* disposal. We are not the official campaign. We are all working together to spread the message, which is completely legal.

wstrucke
08-17-2011, 09:19 PM
well that is where 80% of the funding came from last quarter.

Last quarter hardly anyone was paying attention to the "race". Things have changed, and will continue to as we get closer to the primaries.

Steve-in-NY
08-17-2011, 09:21 PM
All I know is that I donate as often as possible and try to hit up all the money bombs as well.
I'll be donating in this bomb, and probably again before the end of the month... and in the superbomb... and....

r3volution
08-17-2011, 09:31 PM
3.5mill . my professional expert analyses based on multiple complex mathematical algorithms .

wstrucke
08-17-2011, 09:33 PM
I think we'll be lucky to bring in $1 million Saturday, but I think we'll pass $1.5 for the quarter.

IndianaPolitico
08-18-2011, 06:07 AM
http://www.facebook.com/ronpaul#!/event.php?eid=197265100335690
3,700 attending, over 36,000 invited. Keep it up! Let's reach 4,500 by tonight!

Restore-America-NOW
08-18-2011, 06:18 AM
If we're going to try to raise $1.5 million for this moneybomb, then we need to set our goal as $1.5 million. One thing that I believe backfired with Ready Ames Fire, was setting a low goal, that may have convinced some to stop donating when we brought in $500k. Screw the media if they want to say we fell short, it's neither a notable story, nor is it something that will damage our campaign at this point.

speciallyblend
08-18-2011, 06:31 AM
sorry i posted this in another thread searched on rpf and nothing came up so i posted another thread title, though doesn't matter if some threads are duplicate. i do not like the search function. I put in searches and get nothing relevant to search!!

speciallyblend
08-18-2011, 06:33 AM
If we're going to try to raise $1.5 million for this moneybomb, then we need to set our goal as $1.5 million. One thing that I believe backfired with Ready Ames Fire, was setting a low goal, that may have convinced some to stop donating when we brought in $500k. Screw the media if they want to say we fell short, it's neither a notable story, nor is it something that will damage our campaign at this point.

nonsense, people are broke, screw the ticker, donate!! i am so tired of the damn ticker and folks going but people didn't donate bcause of this this or this horse sh_T!!!

pacelli
08-18-2011, 06:35 AM
The campaign really needs to give more than a week's notice for these kinds of financial goals. I hope the remaining donors that haven't maxed out to his campaign already (or can't come up with this kind of cash in less than a week) do their best on the 20th.

The tipping point in this moneybomb promotion will be having either Ron or one of his campaign surrogates PLUG THE MONEYBOMB DURING AN INTERVIEW. That's more important than any amount of online pledges, or a 24/7 ticker, because it is targetting new donors. The folks that are getting the campaign emails are his existing base.

speciallyblend
08-18-2011, 06:48 AM
WTF is the revpac doing really wtf wtf wtf.

We need to promote Aug 20th Moneybomb NOW not a moneybomb next month. The Campaign needs money now not some revpac a month later.

Is REVPAC trying to hurt the Ron paul campaign? They sure are not helping one bit for aug 20th. Did the revpac not read the campaigns email while they are busy spamming everyone!!

donate here folks www.ronpaul2012.com and donate now and AUG 20th, Aug 20th is the day the campaign is promoting to need help with $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ WTF ,please folks get with the program here.

ps all i see the rev pac asking is donate in sept. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

IndianaPolitico
08-18-2011, 07:01 AM
We can make this a 1 million dollar money bomb! Keep on promoting!

No Free Beer
08-18-2011, 07:01 AM
Dear Ron Paul,

Don't listen to KyleJack...DO NOT RUN A FULL TIME TICKER...

regards

tribute_13
08-18-2011, 07:22 AM
I'm down for $17.76. I posted it on my facebook. If I can get one of my facebook friends or relatives to donate, I'll match them. I'm a struggling college student so I'll match what I can lol.

kylejack
08-18-2011, 07:35 AM
Dear Ron Paul,

Don't listen to KyleJack...DO NOT RUN A FULL TIME TICKER...

regards
Why? It was a great resource last cycle.

Steve-in-NY
08-18-2011, 08:06 AM
Because it gives the opposition something to target.
Picture:
"Ron Pauls donations have stagnated the past [X time], does this spell the end of the race for the Texas congressman and his fiery supports? Our panel says yes. Yes it does."

Thats why.
Just keep donating. Often. then again. until it hurts. Max out, over time if need be, then donate to the rev and/or liberty pac.

The money is the ammo, the campaign is the gun, and we are the soldiers. Onward to victory!

edit: the above sentence was a rallying cry to donate and campaign for Ron Paul, not to be mistaken for anything but that.

kylejack
08-18-2011, 08:08 AM
But they never did stagnate last cycle, and they won't this cycle. We know fundraising is our strength. So let's shout it from the rooftops.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-18-2011, 08:13 AM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/2012%20Logos/276878_197265100335690_4639523_n2.jpg

RSVP here:

Pledge your support here:
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/fbapps/820signup.html

trey4sports
08-18-2011, 09:20 AM

I think 1.5 IS their low goal. They wanted something like 2 million after the first moneybomb this quarter and before Ames, but we couldn't deliver on that. The campaign desperately needs cash.

trey4sports
08-18-2011, 09:23 AM
But they never did stagnate last cycle, and they won't this cycle. We know fundraising is our strength. So let's shout it from the rooftops.

I bet you would be surprised how little the campaign has raised this quarter.

IndianaPolitico
08-18-2011, 09:50 AM
Just passed 3,900 attending. Let's reach 4,500 by the end of the day, and let's set a goal of a total of 6,000 attending!

kylejack
08-18-2011, 10:09 AM
I bet you would be surprised how little the campaign has raised this quarter.
I bet it would have been more with live totals.

trey4sports
08-18-2011, 10:17 AM
I bet it would have been more with live totals.

think what you want, but there is obviously a reason why the professionals who are running the campaign don't have a permanent ticker up.

WilliamC
08-18-2011, 10:26 AM
I think the money bombs are great and encourage everyone to participate, but really if you have the money available now I think the value of getting it into the campaigns coffers would be greater than the value of getting a large one day total, so by all means donate whatever you can as soon as possible.

Perhaps the official campaign could just do the donation tickers for specific money bombs, but keep the total amount raised a secret.

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-18-2011, 10:39 AM
IMO more money is raised with money bombs than just donating otherwise. People get inspired by the ticker during the money bomb and keep donating more to see it go up. But DON'T OVERSHOOT this time! The media will use it against us. "Supporters of Paul were hoping to raise x, but only got to x"

rich34
08-18-2011, 11:03 AM
IMO more money is raised with money bombs than just donating otherwise. People get inspired by the ticker during the money bomb and keep donating more to see it go up. But DON'T OVERSHOOT this time! The media will use it against us. "Supporters of Paul were hoping to raise x, but only got to x"

I agree totally and yet some fail to realize that we raise so much more money by properly promoting money bombs than people donating randomly. I do understand the need to donate now which by all means if you can go ahead but history shows both the Paul's raise most of their money by greatly promoted money bombs. Lets pray for a big day Saturday!

IndianaPolitico
08-18-2011, 11:34 AM

Agreed, even though we brought less then a million during the last one, we still got good press. Because we passed the goal!

kylejack
08-18-2011, 11:41 AM
think what you want, but there is obviously a reason why the professionals who are running the campaign don't have a permanent ticker up.
Yes, this "they're professionals, they know what they're doing" bit was tossed around in 2007 and 2008 as well.

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-18-2011, 11:45 AM
Yes, this "they're professionals, they know what they're doing" bit was tossed around in 2007 and 2008 as well.

Judging from the latest advertisements, they know what they're doing. Awesome Ads!

kylejack
08-18-2011, 01:40 PM
I like the new ads.

IndianaPolitico
08-18-2011, 02:08 PM
PLEASE continue to promote the money bomb.
Official Pledge Page: http://www.ronpaul2012.com/pages/mbpledge.html
Official Facebook event: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=197265100335690

trey4sports
08-18-2011, 02:23 PM
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/pages/mbpledge.html

you can see the pledges and pledged amount here. Roughly 5,000 pledges for $300,000

kylejack
08-18-2011, 02:26 PM
We also need to harness the new Supreme Court decision. Anyone that is capped can contribute unlimited amounts to a pro-Ron Paul PAC.

RonPaulFever
08-18-2011, 02:29 PM
I pledged for $25 a few days ago but will donate more than that.

ctiger2
08-18-2011, 02:32 PM
I'm praying for $10 Mil. C'mon people !

D.A.S.
08-18-2011, 03:13 PM
My thoughts are the campaign will get their goal of 1.5 million, if the pledges are already running over $300,000. I will donate, but I don't like to pledge because I like the element of surprise. I bet there are a lot of people like that, or those who don't like to talk about and simply do it when the time comes.

It may be a good idea for the campaign to set a 2 Million goal, and it may be closely met. Don't stress, folks... keep up the positive energy.