PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Finishing The Way He Did Was THE BEST Thing That Could Have Happened

AGRP
08-17-2011, 07:19 PM
Think about it.

If he would have won, the media would have dismissed the entire thing, meaning the polls results would have not have mattered and Perry would have been the lonely star of the week.

But, LESS THAN 1% separated him from first place, which is a statistical tie for first. Because Bachmann won, the media was given the green light to parade her AND the results around, all while blatantly ignoring Paul.

The media was forced to show their hand and now Paul is getting way more attention in a way that puts THE MEDIA ON DEFENSE as the bad guy from here on out. If Paul would have won, they would have put Paul on the defense.

The result and the way the media ran with it backfired in their face.

acptulsa
08-17-2011, 07:21 PM
I think you're right. But a big part of it is the spread. Less than a percentage point.

She won, they went with that script, Perry and Pawlenty did their distraction tactics, and then people noticed that it was a statistical tie. And said, say what?

pauliticalfan
08-17-2011, 07:22 PM
If we had won, Jon Stewart would have never come out with his epic clip. Also, the other candidates would be doing everything in their power over the next 5 months to make sure Dr. Paul doesn't win Iowa. This way, we're gaining legitimacy while still being viewed as the under dog, which is exactly how Huckabee won Iowa and McCain won the nomination.

AGRP
08-27-2011, 09:53 AM
I think you're right. But a big part of it is the spread. Less than a percentage point.

EXACTLY.

That is the key. It's like a miracle occurred. If given the choice between the way things turned out verses a 1st place finish, I would take the way things turned out 100 times over.

Sentient Void
08-27-2011, 10:02 AM
I said this exact thing *right* when he won - before all this stuff happened.

;-)

Called it.