PDA

View Full Version : Enlisted Air Force Who Questioned Obama's Eligibility Gets an Honorable Discharge

hillbilly123069
08-17-2011, 07:17 PM
:confused:..
http://www.politico.com/politico44/perm/0811/birther_redux_6da5b38e-f83d-4ab4-9c61-8e836f2646a5.html

flightlesskiwi
08-17-2011, 07:24 PM
the guy isn't AWOL... he's been placed on leave. and will be discharged from the AF.

TRIGRHAPPY
08-17-2011, 07:43 PM
OUCH, a 41 yr old E5? I'm 28 and I'll be sewing on E6 in November.

I'll be the first to admit that I had my doubts about his citizenship, but I consider the matter closed with the release of his long form birth cert. I do consider the situation surrounding it curious though....but again, it's a closed issue for me.

bkreigh
08-17-2011, 07:59 PM

I'll be the first to admit that I had my doubts about his citizenship, but I consider the matter closed with the release of his long form birth cert. I do consider the situation surrounding it curious though....but again, it's a closed issue for me.

Cant blame that on anybody. Look at his service record. He has been in 9 years and was in the Marines prior to the AF (however i though AF didnt accept prior service folks?). Anyways, he might have dropped rank during that transition.

Also, you dont know what is rate is and how slow advancements are in that given rate. My rate has plateaued and hardly anybody is getting advanced right now. Its a stand still.

Finally, you dont know personal reasons. I know of a guy that is retiring as an E-5 by choice. His wife makes big bucks and he didnt want to advance so he could stay put. If he advanced then he'd have to move and up root the family. He decided to retire as E-5 because it made since financially for him and his family.

There are many reason why folks dont blaze through the ranks. I never got his judging somebody for being low ranked as well. Who the hell am i to say how fast somebody should or should not advance? Its not my life.

foofighter20x
08-17-2011, 08:25 PM

ikr? I sewed on Tech at 26.

AFPVet
08-17-2011, 09:29 PM
Hahaha you career guys... I got out at 23 as a SrA :) GIBILL huah!

Tarzan
08-17-2011, 09:42 PM

Not what you would call rapid advancement! But, look at his AFSC (if they still call it that)... not a rapid promotion position. I got rank a lot faster... but, I had one of "those" jobs and people were shooing at me.

Regardless... I think the guy has to go. You get orders you go. If he gets an HD they are being generous.

MJU1983
08-17-2011, 09:46 PM

What's funny is that I didn't really have any doubts UNTIL he released that long form adobe compilation. LOL

foofighter20x
08-17-2011, 10:40 PM
Hahaha you career guys... I got out at 23 as a SrA :) GIBILL huah!

I separated in 2008, after only 8 mos. of wearing E-6 to use my GIBill too. :p