PDA

View Full Version : Great Article from The Nation

Hawaii Libertarian
05-17-2007, 03:25 PM
This blog article strongly supports Dr. Paul's position against Rudy Giuliani. I have to admit, I thought I'd be the last person to recommend something from The Nation. :)

http://www.thenation.com/blogs/campaignmatters?bid=45&pid=195576

lonestarguy
05-17-2007, 06:30 PM
That's the beauty and power of Ron Paul. If he, you, we, me (lol) can get his candidacy truly in front of the nation, in the end, he can unite the disaffected democrats, the cross-overs and reagan democrats, independents, and bring home the base of republicans. He's nearing take-off, but it's gonna take work, work, work, over the next 6 months, from each and every one of us doing what we can, touching other people, making calls, knocking on doors, email, etc, etc, etc.

I mean James Dobson just came out today and said he will not vote for Ghouliani, and that his vote is irrevocable. We all know Dobson is huge in religious circles. And Phyllis Schlafry will have nothing to do with Ghouliani. McCain jumped the shark a long time ago and can't be trusted. Romney will never gain the base of the republican party. Thompson is nothing special even with his hollywood background, he's part of the elite. Gingrich, he's a character flawed, pro-war hawk so forget him..........Ron Paul has a great chance. But it's up to us ultimately.

lonestarguy
05-17-2007, 06:36 PM
.....of course, it may require many of us to spend our vacations in those early states like Iowa, NH, South Carolina, etc, wherever, as foot soldiers for Paul. I mean would it be such a sacrifice if we have a chance at the promise land of a real statesman like Paul gaining the whitehouse. Heck, it would be fun. So think about it. The future of the nation, our kids, is in our hands. It's up to you........

Brandybuck
05-17-2007, 08:31 PM
I mean James Dobson just came out today and said he will not vote for Ghouliani, and that his vote is irrevocable.
If James Dobson can get past his idea that the church needs the state to prop up its social message, then he might come out in support of Ron Paul. I would say the same about many (not all) of the religious right. Big government Republicans conned the religious right just like they conned the economic conservatives.

And Phyllis Schlafry will have nothing to do with Ghouliani.
I'm confident that she will support RP. She's an old-school Goldwater conservative, and is disgusted with the new big government Republicans. It's eery how her 1964 book, "A Choice, Not an Echo" is still applicable to today's Republican party.

shahram72
05-17-2007, 08:39 PM
While I don't consider myself a leftist or a Democrat, I have to say the Nation has some damn good articles and I have a subscription. Much better that any other main stream publication I have found.

By the way, this is my first post. Hello All! And I'm in Columbia, SC, where we just had the debates. I went down there before hand and met with some Ron Paul supporters who were at the state house.