View Full Version : Bachmann & Perry Deeply Associated With Dominionism

iGGz
08-17-2011, 06:07 PM
---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCky6hnHsGM

:eek:

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-17-2011, 06:13 PM
Power of the Media. They are allegations, but they take it as truth, anyway. Not that I like these candidates in the least, but these same kind of attacks can work on ours.

Sola_Fide
08-17-2011, 06:16 PM
Well, not all Reconstructionists are supporting Bachmann. In fact, I'd bet most are either Ron Paul guys or CP guys. I don't see Gary North supporting Michelle Bachmann, for example.

I don't know. One of the the things that made me reject dominionism was reading John Robbin's critique of Reconstructionism. In Genesis, God gave Adam dominion over the animals, not other people.

Sola_Fide
08-17-2011, 06:24 PM
Here is John Robbins' critique of dominionism (which has become the standard Reformed Christian reply to dominionism) if anybody cares: http://www.trinityfoundation.org/journal.php?id=65

FreedomProsperityPeace
08-17-2011, 06:30 PM
Well, CNN has made it clear they're waiting for a response. That seems pretty fair to me. All each of them has to do is make a call and put the story to rest.

AbVag
08-17-2011, 06:39 PM
Aside from Ron Paul, who isn't a dominionist?

Tina
08-17-2011, 06:52 PM
It's creepy religious fanaticism among other things.. And people believe this garbage. You might be taking this to lightly. imo

Rick Perry's Army of God

The radical religious right Christian Reconstructionism and Dominionism movements have a prophet to lead them to their end-times Rapture: Governor Rick Perry of Texas.

The Texas Observer has this disturbing must read report by Forrest Wilder in its August issue, Rick Perry's Army of God:

A little-known movement of radical Christians and self-proclaimed prophets wants to infiltrate government, and Rick Perry might be their man.

On September 28, 2009, at 1:40 p.m., God’s messengers visited Rick Perry.

On this day, the Lord’s messengers arrived in the form of two Texas pastors, Tom Schlueter of Arlington and Bob Long of San Marcos, who called on Perry in the governor’s office inside the state Capitol. Schlueter and Long both oversee small congregations, but they are more than just pastors. They consider themselves modern-day apostles and prophets, blessed with the same gifts as Old Testament prophets or New Testament apostles.

The pastors told Perry of God’s grand plan for Texas. A chain of powerful prophecies had proclaimed that Texas was “The Prophet State,” anointed by God to lead the United States into revival and Godly government. And the governor would have a special role.

http://www.blogforarizona.com/blog/2011/08/texas-observer-rick-perrys-army-of-god.html

dean.engelhardt
08-17-2011, 07:11 PM
Not a fan of Bachmann or Perry, but this reminds me of when a white supremacy group contributed to RP in 2008. I don't hold an candidate accountable for the past or beliefs of individuals that claim to be supporters. Ron Paul is a better candidate based on issues. I'm surprised CNN is reporting this as news.

Southron
08-17-2011, 07:12 PM
Guilt by association?

iGGz
08-17-2011, 07:18 PM
On this day, the Lord’s messengers arrived in the form of two Texas pastors, Tom Schlueter of Arlington and Bob Long of San Marcos, who called on Perry in the governor’s office inside the state Capitol. Schlueter and Long both oversee small congregations, but they are more than just pastors. They consider themselves modern-day apostles and prophets, blessed with the same gifts as Old Testament prophets or New Testament apostles.

The pastors told Perry of God’s grand plan for Texas. A chain of powerful prophecies had proclaimed that Texas was “The Prophet State,” anointed by God to lead the United States into revival and Godly government. And the governor would have a special role.

That is definitely creepy

Diurdi
08-17-2011, 07:36 PM
Well that was one hell of a hit piece on them. Wouldn't surprise me if there was a hint of truth in it though.

Sola_Fide
08-17-2011, 07:36 PM
It's creepy religious fanaticism among other things.. And people believe this garbage. You might be taking this to lightly. imo

Rick Perry's Army of God

The radical religious right Christian Reconstructionism and Dominionism movements have a prophet to lead them to their end-times Rapture: Governor Rick Perry of Texas.

The Texas Observer has this disturbing must read report by Forrest Wilder in its August issue, Rick Perry's Army of God:

A little-known movement of radical Christians and self-proclaimed prophets wants to infiltrate government, and Rick Perry might be their man.

On September 28, 2009, at 1:40 p.m., God’s messengers visited Rick Perry.

http://www.blogforarizona.com/blog/2011/08/texas-observer-rick-perrys-army-of-god.html

Hmmm. From what I've read, the "New Apostolic Reformation" is not a Reconstructionist movement. It is a more liberal pentacostal group. I disagree with dominionism too, but this group should not be misinterpreted as Reconstructionism.

Agorism
08-17-2011, 07:48 PM
You cannot kill me, for God is a mighty fortress. And I have been washed in the blood of the Lamb, and he will protect me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGslI_KcM

Aratus
08-17-2011, 07:55 PM
william jennings bryan springs to mind as a candidate who is trying to morally run
for public office and also live by his own internalized moral code with few conflicts.
being religious does not exclude one from being fair and compassionate. i respect
people who are quietly + deeply religious, when they are not boastful or presumptive.

VoluntaryAmerican
08-17-2011, 07:59 PM
It's creepy religious fanaticism among other things.. And people believe this garbage.

Well said, I was going to say creepy, but you summed it up.

PastaRocket848
08-17-2011, 08:43 PM
this is probably the scariest thing i could imagine, this dominionism.

Brian4Liberty
08-17-2011, 09:16 PM
"OMG! Run for your lives! Dominionism is coming! What is it again?"

Fear-mongering and distractions.

So what do we have to fear now? Let's make a list:

- Dominionism.
- Iran.
- Sharia law.
- Rev Wright.
- Black/Hispanic/White Race wars.
- Abortion.
- Guns.
- Gay marriage.
- Patriots who fly the Gadsden Flag.
- Libertarians.
- Third Parties.
- People who buy too many MREs at the local surplus store.
- The Pope (or those who don't follow the Pope).

armstrong
08-17-2011, 09:45 PM
http://lubbockonline.com/texas/2011-01-05/texas-commission-oks-nuclear-waste-dumping-36-states-site-near-andrews

yea jobs in Texas good for Gov. Perry - must of cost alot and had lots of jobs to build it too

cindy25
08-17-2011, 10:10 PM
Bachmann is a true believer, and would push a religious agenda. Perry and Palin just tell them what they want to hear

Tinnuhana
08-17-2011, 10:38 PM
Christian jihadists