PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Military Support

UpstateGenius
08-17-2011, 05:12 PM
We all know Paul gets more contributions from active duty servicemen/women than all other candidates combined, but is this the case when it comes to votes? What about former military and military families? Arguably the biggest issue affecting their lives/family lives is the war, and Paul is obviously preaching to bring the troops home safe. Will this translate to a vast majority of military votes for Paul? And how can we spread this message to said military/families across America?

TRIGRHAPPY
08-17-2011, 05:31 PM
I didn't vote for Paul last time around. Paul asked me to vote for Chuck Baldwin, and after researching Mr Baldwin, I did just that. This next time, I will write in Ron Paul if I have to just so I can look my kids in the eye one day and tell them I vote for Ron Paul.

(Oh yea, I'm active duty military, and was in 2007 as well)

flightlesskiwi
08-17-2011, 05:42 PM
We all know Paul gets more contributions from active duty servicemen/women than all other candidates combined, but is this the case when it comes to votes? What about former military and military families? Arguably the biggest issue affecting their lives/family lives is the war, and Paul is obviously preaching to bring the troops home safe. Will this translate to a vast majority of military votes for Paul? And how can we spread this message to said military/families across America?

it's kind of a hard world to "infiltrate" unless you are a part of it. the best idea i can give is if you aren't active duty, prior service or retired and aren't part of that "network" start volunteering for organizations that are focused on troops, their families and veterans. build up relationships and spread the word that way.

i'm finding that while there is a lot of military support for Ron, obviously not everyone in the military has heard of him, supports him and/or agrees with his foreign policy. yes, some active duty military folks are still of the opinion that we need to "fight them over there" and are perfectly fine with nation building on foreign soil.

Shelton88
08-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Just got out the military....and im a huge Ron Paul fan.

rich34
08-17-2011, 05:50 PM
We need to figure out how to reach the military guys in supporting our money bombs. Do you guys know of any big forums we can hit up and try to advertise on?

UpstateGenius
08-17-2011, 06:03 PM
I didn't vote for Paul last time around. Paul asked me to vote for Chuck Baldwin, and after researching Mr Baldwin, I did just that. This next time, I will write in Ron Paul if I have to just so I can look my kids in the eye one day and tell them I vote for Ron Paul.

(Oh yea, I'm active duty military, and was in 2007 as well)

Things like this are awesome news to hear. Do you try to spread the word around to your fellow soldiers? You obviously have a huge network and many men/women that trust you with their lives. Try to get one new Ron Paul supporter per day! Stay safe, and hopefully Dr. Paul wins so he can bring all of you guys home ASAP.

afmatt
08-17-2011, 06:07 PM
IMHO As a military member foreign policy is the biggest thing to wrap your head around before supporting Ron Paul.
Personally when I first supported him I did not agree with his foreign policy but considered the rest of who he is and what he stands for to be worth overlooking that part of his platform. Now however (3-4 years later) I agree with almost everything he stands for.

As far as spreading the message I'm not sure how to effectively reach the military population. Campaign signs like the slightly soggy "google ron paul" sign someone taped up to the stoplight at my base that led me to find out who Ron Paul was might be a good option.
Sadly members IN the military have to be very cautious about actively campaigning as it's frowned upon, especially to other military members.

afmatt
08-17-2011, 06:10 PM
We need to figure out how to reach the military guys in supporting our money bombs. Do you guys know of any big forums we can hit up and try to advertise on?

http://militarytimes.com/advertise/
These guys have forums for each of the services as well as service specific newspapers sold in the base exchanges
http://www.military.com/aboutus/twocolumn/0,15929,Business-Opportunities,00.html
One of the larger online military forums

Just a couple places to start :)

EDIT - sorry for the double post, my bad.

TRIGRHAPPY
08-17-2011, 06:17 PM
Things like this are awesome news to hear. Do you try to spread the word around to your fellow soldiers? You obviously have a huge network and many men/women that trust you with their lives. Try to get one new Ron Paul supporter per day! Stay safe, and hopefully Dr. Paul wins so he can bring all of you guys home ASAP.

I've probably got about 20 to 30 folks in the military to support Ron Paul. I have a big Ron Paul bumper-sticker on my truck, and I still wear my old bright yellow Ron Paul For President t-shirt I bought back in 2007 (it doesn't have a year on it, so it's just as current as it ever was) often. Most folks I speak with either support Ron Paul already or have heard of him. I usually stay pretty quiet until I'm asked about politics, which seems to happen more and more often lately. I'm often asked if I believe something is constitutional or not, which I absolutely love....since it gives me the opportunity to hand out one of my pocket constitutions (the heritage foundation sent me 30 for free.... I only have 4 left).

realtonygoodwin
08-17-2011, 06:24 PM
There are more Paul supporters where I work than any other candidate.

Matt Collins
08-22-2011, 10:12 AM
Can we get over 2000 "likes" on the Veterans for Ron Paul Coalition?
http://www.facebook.com/VeteransForRonPaul