PDA

View Full Version : December 16th 2007 over 59,000 people donated on one day!

rich34
08-17-2011, 04:28 PM
I'm not trying to be Mr. obvious, but if we could somehow get this many folks involved again, we'll get the money Ron so desperately needs. My question is how in the world did we get that many involved? We need to somehow rejoin, the antiwar, anti tax, alternative health, homeschoolers, pro gun, states rights, etc... crowd and get them all to give in a future money bomb. If we can do it this Saturday that would be better, but if not we need to get all these groups rejoined and pour in their heart and soul in cash to the only liberty candidate running for the White House. Maybe it was the theme around "remember remember the 5th of November, or the anniversary of the Boston Teaparty with all those great videos promoting them I don't know, but we gotta rekindle the magic that poured millions of dollars into Ron's campaign. Maybe create a forum that has direct links to other big forums on the net that promote the causes listed above so we can directly communicate and promote our money bombs?

V4Vendetta
08-17-2011, 04:33 PM
A long promotion with top notch videos is key

RileyE104
08-17-2011, 04:57 PM
I imagine we will get that amount again (hopefully more) once regular people start getting into political-mode again. Remember that the big day was in Decemeber. By the time we make it to that anniversary, there will have been plenty of debates aired and other events as well.

CaptUSA
08-17-2011, 05:02 PM

The only problem with a long promotion is that he needs the money now. I don't think we want people to hold off.

rich34
08-17-2011, 05:13 PM
The only problem with a long promotion is that he needs the money now. I don't think we want people to hold off.

I agree totally, but I also think we do need to set aside "a big day" and really promote the **** out of it. I know some were fearful of doing another 5th of November because of what it stands for, but I really think that date gets people motivated to throw their all into it by peacefully trying to change the system. I really don't see any better dates than the 5th and 16th. I know we need the money sooner, but I'd at least go ahead and plan on these dates for those that set these up.

PastaRocket848
08-17-2011, 05:16 PM
we're trying to make 10/19 a big one. at least that's the goal.

runningdiz
08-17-2011, 05:17 PM
Donate the money now. Planning for a huge money bomb months from now will hurt the campaign.

trey4sports
08-17-2011, 05:19 PM
Donate the money now. Planning for a huge money bomb months from now will hurt the campaign.

agreed.

rich34
08-17-2011, 06:08 PM
agreed.

I agree, but I'm still not convinced that we'll raise the kind of money we did in 07 if we don't promote a huge money bomb. We need to somehow get another 59,000 folks to donate money on a certain date. I don't think they'll simply donate on their own without some "cause."

afwjam
08-17-2011, 06:10 PM
Invite your Facebook friends to the money bomb on Saturday!

trey4sports
08-17-2011, 06:12 PM
I agree, but I'm still not convinced that we'll raise the kind of money we did in 07 if we don't promote a huge money bomb. We need to somehow get another 59,000 folks to donate money on a certain date. I don't think they'll simply donate on their own without some "cause."

we need money now. A probable 1 million in the bank is more important than a possible 6 million dollar day later on. 1 in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

wstrucke
08-17-2011, 06:28 PM
no need to bring bush into this

sailingaway
08-17-2011, 06:30 PM
In the height of the election season. Most haven't even tuned in yet.

LibertyEagle
08-17-2011, 06:30 PM

Yes and notifying everyone of it. Back then, there were tons of Meetups that some of us notified, one by one. Now, how do we even reach those people?

LibertyEagle
08-17-2011, 06:32 PM

Well, we have the one the campaign is doing on the 20th and the big Blackout one in a month or so. That sounds like a darn good cause to me.

V3n
08-17-2011, 08:33 PM
He's got 462,692 "Likes" on Facebook - if each one donated just $20.12 this Saturday, that would be $9,309,363.04!!

trey4sports
08-17-2011, 08:35 PM
He's got 462,692 "Likes" on Facebook - if each one donated just $20.12 this Saturday, that would be $9,309,363.04!!

yes, but we don't have a way to contact all the likes. You can't just send out a message to all those that "like" his page.

PEnemy
08-17-2011, 08:42 PM
yes, but we don't have a way to contact all the likes. You can't just send out a message to all those that "like" his page.

He can.

I mean his page can I believe.

kill the banks
08-17-2011, 08:51 PM
I'm not even in Facebook , however I get invites all the time from members ?

mport1
08-17-2011, 08:55 PM
I think the key is to get at least $1 million for each money bomb until hopefully some huge repeat money bombs on 11/5 and 12/16.

wstrucke
08-17-2011, 08:58 PM
Was that 59,000 individual donors or donations? B/c I know I watched that thing all day and ended up going back to my credit card five or six times...

trey4sports
08-17-2011, 08:59 PM
He can.

I mean his page can I believe.

nope. a page doesn't cannot send out a mass email to those who have "liked" it. A Facebook Group can send out a mass email, not a page.

FA.Hayek
08-17-2011, 09:03 PM
he can post updates, so that everyone who liked it can see it

trey4sports
08-17-2011, 09:09 PM
he can post updates, so that everyone who liked it can see it

which he has done several times

rich34
08-17-2011, 09:20 PM
Well, we have the one the campaign is doing on the 20th and the big Blackout one in a month or so. That sounds like a darn good cause to me.

Oh shit, I'm not disagreeing... My point is people want to rally around something. Yes the media blackout is a good cause and if we can get the word out to enough pissed off people it should bring in a lot of dough. I'll be donating to both events, but I'm still not so sure these two events would measure up to the anti establishment tone of November 5th. That doesn't mean I'm not supportive of all the money bombs we have leading up to then, I just think that should be our big bang. And before anyone says it for the 15th time, yes, I know we need the money now...

rich34
08-17-2011, 09:28 PM
Was that 59,000 individual donors or donations? B/c I know I watched that thing all day and ended up going back to my credit card five or six times...

I'm pretty sure that was 59,000 individuals. Maybe some of the folks that are more in the know would have a better answer, but I'm pretty sure I read several articles that called it the largest one day individual donation tally in American history. And I'm not talking about the 6 million dollar figure. Think about it, if we could get 50,000 or so folks pledged up to donate on say November 5th the campaign would have plenty of money to get them through the first primary states. And I know, "we need the money now" but if you go back and look in 07 we also had money bombs leading up to the Nov. 5th one and they still pulled in very large sums of money. I don't think by promoting a huge money bomb day that we'll be hurting ourselves in the short term as long as we keep spreading the word on the ones we have coming up. I think Nov. 5 would be the perfect date for "the big one" because Dec. 16 would be to close to the caucus/primary's and the campaign would have no idea what kind of money to budget for. Getting all that money in by the 5th should give them plenty of time to allocate it. However, if the 5th is quite successful I'd say we go ahead and plan one for the 16th because he may very well need that one for Super Tuesday.

rich34
08-18-2011, 06:34 AM
When is Ron going to be on the Daily Show? Maybe he can plug the next money bomb?

Aden
08-18-2011, 07:51 AM
I agree with much of what Rich says. I understand where the people saying, "he needs the money now not later" are coming from. However, the fact is that if we had a long promotion for another Tea Party money bomb TONS of people are going to donate who otherwise would not. People love to feel like they are a part of something, and the 12/16 money bomb and Tea Party rallies got people more excited than anything else. Half a dozen of my family members under the age of 10 scrapped up allowances for a month so that they could donate on 12/16. I'm sorry, but you are not going to see that happen for these other pitiful money bombs.

I believe we need to go HUGE on 12/16. We need to show all these Bachmann and Perry supporters that Ron Paul started the Tea Party. Most of these people have no idea who even got them out to these rallies. We need to beat 2007's money bomb, have pro Ron Paul Tea Party rallies across the country mixed with End the Fed rallies and anti-war rallies, whatever. We should go all out. In every city with a stoplight there should be scores of Paul supporters in the streets.