PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me, or are there a TON of new folks?

trey4sports
08-17-2011, 04:05 PM
?

Every thread seems to have someone who joined in August or July. Freedom is popular?

Hope this is reflected in our next round of polling.

Harald
08-17-2011, 04:08 PM
and old folks who suddendly became active

Josalyn
08-17-2011, 04:13 PM
Freedom is very popular. Although, I might have just joined but I've liked him for about a year and half now. :3

He's leading everywhere for a reason!

JoshLowry
08-17-2011, 04:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ZnEEZ.png

V4Vendetta
08-17-2011, 04:15 PM

a picture speaks ;-)

specsaregood
08-17-2011, 04:16 PM
65 new forum members yesterday!
27 so far today.

Yeah, lots of new faces. Welcome aboard all!

TheSecretBillionaire
08-17-2011, 04:19 PM
He's catching on, I'm tellin' ya!

pauliticalfan
08-17-2011, 04:19 PM
Seems like there's a lot more activity here lately for sure.

atliens
08-17-2011, 04:20 PM
I really feel the momentum, we can do this! ron paul 2012!@@!@!

libertygrl
08-17-2011, 04:23 PM
Maybe the fact that Ron Paul was blacklisted by the media has had an impact? We can only hope! Yes, WELCOME NEW FRIENDS OF LIBERTY! What took you so long? :D

orenbus
08-17-2011, 04:27 PM
As we get closer to the IA/NH Caucus/Primary, visitor and account numbers going to go up from here I would imagine, those that are looking to actively participate in real life activities as opposed to just brainstorming. Personally was really active in 07/08, I stopped in for the Rand Paul's senatorial run and helped out then and stopped coming to the forums until just before the straw poll to become active again for this campaign. Would imagine a lot of supporters from 2007/2008 are going to start coming out of the woodwork to do the same soon and bring their friends along that maybe new to Ron Paul Forums.

Jandrsn21
08-17-2011, 04:28 PM
http://traffic.alexa.com/graph?&w=400&h=220&o=f&c=1&y=r&b=ffffff&n=666666&r=2y&u=ronpaulforums.com&

This chart is golden ; ; !

08-17-2011, 04:31 PM
I just signed up and yes the media blackout pushed me over the edge to join the forum. It's beyond ridiculous. I voted for RP last election, so I'm not new in that sense. But I am mad enough about this to want to help the campaign.

Ronulus
08-17-2011, 04:32 PM
I've lurked the forums for a few months before joining.

Shelton88
08-17-2011, 04:34 PM
I just cought the ron paul bug!!!! Relizing your country is going to shit can make someone search for awnsers!

Koz
08-17-2011, 04:39 PM
Welcome all. Invite as many friends as you can, and preach the Ron Paul message.

I just talked to one of my clients about Ron Paul.

pacelli
08-17-2011, 04:40 PM
welcome to all of the new folks. please donate to Ron's campaign.

Even a paltry $5 or $10 can drive up their total number of NEW donors for this quarter, which will allow Ron's campaign to send out a press release at the end of the quarter, besting all of the other candidates. Give the media some new donor numbers that they cannot ignore.

Remember to donate to Ron's official website, www.RonPaul2012.com.

Jingles
08-17-2011, 04:41 PM
I lurked the forums on and off since 2009 or so. I just never made an account or got active with posting until recent months.

sailingaway
08-17-2011, 04:41 PM

cooooooooooool......

sailingaway
08-17-2011, 04:42 PM
I just signed up and yes the media blackout pushed me over the edge to join the forum. It's beyond ridiculous. I voted for RP last election, so I'm not new in that sense. But I am mad enough about this to want to help the campaign.

Welcome to the forums!

sailingaway
08-17-2011, 04:43 PM
welcome to all of the new folks. please donate to Ron's campaign.

Even a paltry $5 or $10 can drive up their total number of NEW donors for this quarter, which will allow Ron's campaign to send out a press release at the end of the quarter, besting all of the other candidates. Give the media some new donor numbers that they cannot ignore.

Remember to donate to Ron's official website, www.RonPaul2012.com.

Money bomb August 20 -- Ron's birthday.

kill the banks
08-17-2011, 04:48 PM
love that chart ... big WELCOME to every one of you that have recently joined !

FreedomProsperityPeace
08-17-2011, 04:52 PM
Welcome to the new people. We've been fighting hard to get you to join our ranks, so it's good to see you all. :)

CaseyJones
08-17-2011, 04:54 PM
welcome to the fight ... assignments will be forthcoming

extrmmxer
08-17-2011, 04:56 PM
Welcome to the fight to Restore America. AWESOME having new supporters. Ron Paul 2012. Love it!

pacelli
08-17-2011, 05:01 PM
I also want to say that the forums can be pretty intimidating. There are lots of folks that have hundreds or even thousands of posts. Just remember that all of us started out at Posts=1.

Post count means nothing!!! Don't be afraid to post.

CaptUSA
08-17-2011, 05:04 PM
I also want to say that the forums can be pretty intimidating. There are lots of folks that have hundreds or even thousands of posts. Just remember that all of us started out at Posts=1.

Yeah, I can't echo that enough! I like to read the posts by new members with passion. It gives me the energy I need to keep fighting! (And I'm fairly new, myself!)

JK/SEA
08-17-2011, 05:05 PM
Whew!...yeah, good to see all this fresh energy...can i sit down now for a second?

swissaustrian
08-17-2011, 05:07 PM
http://traffic.alexa.com/graph?&w=400&h=220&o=f&c=1&y=r&b=ffffff&n=666666&r=2y&u=ronpaulforums.com&

Early phase of an epic bull market

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
08-17-2011, 05:07 PM
Just stopping in to give a big welcome to all the new recruits.

The Free Hornet
08-17-2011, 05:08 PM

My story is similar. The inexcusable, unethical blackout (2012 Iowa straw poll) drove me to google "ron paul forums". The rest is hornet history*.

* The Fox/mainstream media threw a rock at the nest. Had the Fox not been there laughing with the other assholes, then I would have stayed in the nest content in the knowledge that, "The Fox will get 'em!". Fool me once ...

CaptUSA
08-17-2011, 05:10 PM
You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

^This is good.

Shane Harris
08-17-2011, 05:15 PM
nice to see another person from western pa ^ im from westmoreland county

Anti Federalist
08-17-2011, 05:17 PM
Welcome aboard folks.

Be prepared for the ride of your life.

If you stick with it, in six months, you will not be the same person you came in as and you will emerge better and stronger on the other side.

Liberty, freedom, "the message", is a red pill of stupendous proportions.

outspoken
08-17-2011, 05:35 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tipping_Point

The movement needs mavens, connectors, and salemen... the only question is what are you going to be to tip the scales in favor of freedom!?

amyre
08-17-2011, 05:42 PM
Welcome.....find a meet-up group near you! :)

Hospitaller
08-17-2011, 05:44 PM
Freedom!

Brandon2012
08-17-2011, 05:45 PM
Been a RP fan since 2006. Don't know why I never joined before.

bunklocoempire
08-17-2011, 05:59 PM
Former apathetic lesser-of-two-evils voter here.

Dr. Paul cured my apathy back in '07, and these forums have provided daily follow ups!:)

Welcome all!

Liberty is the word, spread it!

Bunkloco

Fatejuggler
08-17-2011, 06:37 PM
I just joined so I'm one of the new folks. I've been keeping up with news of Ron Paul since his 2008 run actually but didn't know about this forum until recently. It wasn't the media blackout but rather watching the recent debate that inspired me to do a Google search for a Ron Paul oriented forum.

Are there any other active Ron Paul forums in addition to this one?

ForLibertyFight
08-17-2011, 06:39 PM
I just joined so I'm one of the new folks. I've been keeping up with news of Ron Paul since his 2008 run actually but didn't know about this forum until recently. It wasn't the media blackout but rather watching the recent debate that inspired me to do a Google search for a Ron Paul oriented forum.

Are there any other active Ron Paul forums in addition to this one?

DailyPaul but I like the format on RPF a lot better.

Deborah K
08-17-2011, 06:45 PM
Welcome to all the new and returning members! So exciting!!! Truly does give me hope. How about a group hug! :D

http://i38.tinypic.com/24l0vfm.jpg

BIG_J
08-17-2011, 06:47 PM
Pretty awesome dudez! I <3 u guyz:)

Johnny Appleseed
08-17-2011, 06:48 PM
new old guy here...I can't stand politicians but I'd give Ron Paul a big ole bear hug!

Fermli
08-17-2011, 06:50 PM
DailyPaul but I like the format on RPF a lot better.

yes, vbulletin is great.

Koz
08-17-2011, 06:52 PM

Easy for you to say.

mtmedlin
08-17-2011, 06:58 PM
I was on here quite a bit back in 07 and 08, and after the election I decided to get off the online and be more active in the Real world. Picked up some experience working for candidates (not all that I liked, but to beat them, you have to understand them) Now I am back to destroy them. Been great to see some old names. Watched the ROn Paul movie and I nearly cried. So much we accomplished and its time to eclipse it!

Steve-in-NY
08-17-2011, 06:59 PM
Im new too, I mean like totally new to Paul, since May maybe I started looking into him, but I jumped in with both feet.
Ive talked to ppl, hung signs, donated 3 or 4 times, Im going to be making calls and doing some mailings... and I have a full time job with a wife and 2 kids. Making the time.

This thread makes me so happy. You have no idea.

CasualApathy
08-17-2011, 07:07 PM
I <3 u all :)

Revolution9
08-17-2011, 07:15 PM
A very cordial welcome to all of the new folks on the RP locomotive. Glad to have you aboard. This is a battle for the world folks. Take it lightly and take it seriously. Use your wits. We are at work 24 hours a day networking collecting, collating, emailing, printing, distributing, debating, creating, posting, informing and looking cool as all get out. We are smarter, have more savvy, are more organized, infused with more deep emotion, more ethical, moral and human than our opponents. Find your ecological niche, go to town and paint it Ron.

Yer Pal
Rev9

Restore-America-NOW
08-17-2011, 07:16 PM
Of course! How else do you think we would've broken into the double digits nationally. The revolution is growing!

iamse7en
08-17-2011, 07:18 PM
I'd walk over hot coals for Ron Paul.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_dlP7NQd0Sr4/TT1xpa4BjOI/AAAAAAAADO8/c1U59EVus0c/s400/Hoffys-Firewalk.jpg

JTforRP
Saw my first political yard sign today, only a mile or so away from the school I teach at....RON PAUL!

Even down here in NC. Catching on!

acptulsa
Well it sure ain't you.

You've been around a while, yourself.

Uriah
08-17-2011, 07:23 PM
Welcome welcome. Come on in. I am glad you are all here!

iamse7en
08-17-2011, 07:25 PM
I wear my R3v0lution shirt every time I travel (so the TSA can see it), and I always have compliments... One crippled lady was felt up and she said "FU##ing Go Ron Paul!" I noticed they never make me go through the nude-o-scanners. They know I'll blog about it or something.

_b_
08-17-2011, 07:25 PM
I had been periodically lurking for a while and always liked what I heard from Paul, so I thought I would finally join the conversation. Now it is Liberty or Bust.

Even just talking to people in real life, Liberty is gathering momentum. I always try to slip the message into everyday conversation, very subtly sometimes given the situation, and whether it is a comment on hard money and Austrian economics to non-intervention and the miserable results of our interventions I find willing ears all around. Got talking politics to a guy at work and eventually he said he agrees with Paul more than anyone, and of course I thoroughly reenforced his reasoning for it. Just the other day an off-handed wise crack of a comment (of a good nature, nothing malicious) turned into getting another coworker interested in acquiring physical precious metals and talking the risk of fiat money.

It seems that when issues are discussed outside of the false political left-right paradigm a huge number of people are drawn to Liberty through reason and morals. When this happens a new worldview forms, convictions grow strong, and eventually the political manifestation of them emerges.

Chrysamere
08-17-2011, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the welcome! :)

bkreigh
08-17-2011, 07:49 PM
Thanks for finding this place new folks. Its glad to have you here.

Id just like to add to Anti Federalist's post. First, post often and read up on things. We all came here from somewhere. I was a 2 time Bush voter and im sure most others are as well. I did a lot of research and reading and gradually moved to a libertarian stance. Dont be afraid to post what you believe in. Just be prepared to back your views up. Not everybody on here agrees with each other 100%. There is new poster named Progressive4Paul who i dont see eye to eye with but he continues to post and we hash it out be we have PMed each other and even though we disagree on some things we are cool with each other.

In short, post it up and dont be discouraged if folks disagree with you even if they have been here for 4 years. All that shit is not important. We are all here for a common cause.

trey4sports
08-17-2011, 07:57 PM
I had been periodically lurking for a while and always liked what I heard from Paul, so I thought I would finally join the conversation. Now it is Liberty or Bust.

Even just talking to people in real life, Liberty is gathering momentum. I always try to slip the message into everyday conversation, very subtly sometimes given the situation, and whether it is a comment on hard money and Austrian economics to non-intervention and the miserable results of our interventions I find willing ears all around. Got talking politics to a guy at work and eventually he said he agrees with Paul more than anyone, and of course I thoroughly reenforced his reasoning for it. Just the other day an off-handed wise crack of a comment (of a good nature, nothing malicious) turned into getting another coworker interested in acquiring physical precious metals and talking the risk of fiat money.

It seems that when issues are discussed outside of the false political left-right paradigm a huge number of people are drawn to Liberty through reason and morals. When this happens a new worldview forms, convictions grow strong, and eventually the political manifestation of them emerges.

good work, glad to have you around and spreading the message! +rep

DeadheadForPaul
08-17-2011, 08:01 PM
Hey new guys!

I've got a lot of friends who have been inactive in the liberty movement since 2008.

A lot of them are just now coming around again for the first time since then due to the Iowa straw poll and the debates.

Sometimes, if someone is flipping channels and just randomly sees Ron in an interview or in a newspaper article, the fire begins to start again!

jumpyg1258
08-17-2011, 08:10 PM
I'm not new but I was around a lot four years ago during Ron's last run. Hoping to see a better result this time.

Napolitanic Wars
08-17-2011, 08:18 PM
I was at the NH HQ opening today. A guy in back was asking someone about the FED, who created it, etc. Then asked what kinda doctor Ron was. On my way home I stopped at a store and a guy saw my Paul sticker on my chest and said "Hey was Ron Paul in town?" "He sure was!" "Damn I missed it. The media says he's fringe but the polls don't. He's the least crazy guy running." And another lady said "Hi. I'm on Ron Paul's Facebook page!"

Times, they are a changing. :)

FA.Hayek
08-17-2011, 08:21 PM
I was at the NH HQ opening today. A guy in back was asking someone about the FED, who created it, etc. Then asked what kinda doctor Ron was. On my way home I stopped at a store and a guy saw my Paul sticker on my chest and said "Hey was Ron Paul in town?" "He sure was!" "Damn I missed it. The media says he's fringe but the polls don't. He's the least crazy guy running." And another lady said "Hi. I'm on Ron Paul's Facebook page!"

Times, they are a changing. :)

love it!

KingRobbStark
08-17-2011, 08:33 PM
The more the better.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-17-2011, 08:45 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9nOIusbDwI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7eY-WAtkEg

SlowSki
08-17-2011, 08:54 PM
I just joined a few days ago, but have been lurking for a few weeks. I liked Ron during the last election, but didn't end up voting for him (mostly because I listened to a few neo-cons telling me it was a wasted vote.) I figure I can't be the only one! I saw him speak at Loyola University back in 2009... ever since then I've been a huge fan.

patriot2008
08-17-2011, 09:09 PM
I was just here reading a little in 08 and following things. I was very active all over the web. Many of us hung daily at justin.tv/ronpaul. Perhaps it will get going again or not.
Now this is my new home with the great chat and members who talk here. This whole site is awesome and exciting, and we are just getting going!!
I personally thank everyone for all your efforts in supporting the Good Doctor!
I'll bet like a lot of others, the last campaign never ended for me. It's been all paul for 4 years. I also remembered and realized the other night in the chat, that when I first got out of the military in 88 I voted Libertarian. Guess who that vote was for? Somehow his message even got to me back at that young age, even though I did not ever remember his name then. Crazy Powerful Message huh? We must get it to everyone!!!

trey4sports
08-17-2011, 09:11 PM
I just joined a few days ago, but have been lurking for a few weeks. I liked Ron during the last election, but didn't end up voting for him (mostly because I listened to a few neo-cons telling me it was a wasted vote.) I figure I can't be the only one! I saw him speak at Loyola University back in 2009... ever since then I've been a huge fan.

+rep, welcome!

Jackie Treehorn
08-17-2011, 09:25 PM

Beautiful.

brushfire
08-17-2011, 09:29 PM
I lurked around from time to time, for a few years... I never bothered registering since I got the information I wanted and I enjoyed posting comments on youtube... One day, I found a topic I felt compelled to post in, and I figured there may be more features to the site if I registered. So I registered, and made my first post...

I'm glad I did - its nice to be amongst like minded individuals. Heck, even the ancaps are decent around here :D

There are the occasional moron trolls once in a while, but per capita, this forum has some of the nicest posters on the web.

Thanks again, to both old and new, for your contributions towards the restoration of liberty.

bunklocoempire
08-17-2011, 09:35 PM
A very cordial welcome to all of the new folks on the RP locomotive. Glad to have you aboard. This is a battle for the world folks. Take it lightly and take it seriously. Use your wits. We are at work 24 hours a day networking collecting, collating, emailing, printing, distributing, debating, creating, posting, informing and looking cool as all get out. We are smarter, have more savvy, are more organized, infused with more deep emotion, more ethical, moral and human than our opponents. Find your ecological niche, go to town and paint it Ron.

Yer Pal
Rev9

Number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9....

Excellent. "paint it Ron"

+ a green thingy :)

Bunkloco

PaulConventionWV
08-17-2011, 09:56 PM
Welcome all! I have been lurking here since July 2007, so almost 4 years lurking. :/ I was involved in the 2007 race as well, and even became a delegate to my state convention, which I plan to do again this year.

The past year, I have been having some health problems, and I have lost interest in some things I used to do, such as running for recreation (at least for now). I used to visit l etsrun.com, a running message board. That place is a liberal hell hole, so I finally figured out I'd rather waste my time posting on this forum than on that forum. It feels much better being in a place where you agree with people and can connect with them on a philosophical level. I love it. Keep up the fight, guys! We've got a new challenge called Rick Perry, or the reincarnation of GWB's presidency.

TNforPaul45
08-17-2011, 09:59 PM
Impressive. Most impressive.

NewRightLibertarian
08-17-2011, 09:59 PM
The more the better.

All aboard the freedom bandwagon! Wooooooooo!

Suzu
08-17-2011, 10:25 PM
A "ton" of new folks would be about... 13, if their average weight was 150 lbs.

Justinfrom1776
08-17-2011, 10:33 PM
New to RPF, not at all new to Ron Paul.

Ethan
08-17-2011, 10:34 PM
I learned about Ron Paul in the 07 race, I donated, and even wrote his name in when he lost the nomination.

I only recently joined the forums and I hope to do more to help him win this time around.

Mani
08-18-2011, 12:01 AM
Exciting stuff. I maxed out early in the campaign this time around with the idea that we need more money in the beginning to get the momentum rolling and that momentum would bring in new people ready to help and donate and volunteer. When I see all these new people on board it feels so good. It's very exciting. Being overseas this time around I'm on the outside looking in, but threads like this are so encouraging. Thank you all new people and recently awakened people from the last go around!

Karsten
08-18-2011, 01:06 AM
It's just you.

Captain America
08-18-2011, 01:31 AM
good to see people, who just want to be able to keep the fruits of their labor.

Matthew Zak
08-18-2011, 01:42 AM
"Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth." - George Washington.

Nate-ForLiberty
08-18-2011, 01:43 AM
It's just you.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/20/17-I-lol.jpg

SpicyTurkey
08-18-2011, 01:44 AM
I'm not new, I have been here since 2007. *troll face*

randomname
08-18-2011, 02:44 AM
must be why they are running scared, resuscitating the newsletter smear and blacking us out :D

Matthew Zak
08-18-2011, 03:13 AM
Since that Jon Stewart segment there's been an increase in friend requests, views, and subscriptions on my youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_0DHwiIVOU

havoc37
08-18-2011, 03:24 AM
Maybe the fact that Ron Paul was blacklisted by the media has had an impact? We can only hope! Yes, WELCOME NEW FRIENDS OF LIBERTY! What took you so long? :D

Most likely this.

whippoorwill
08-18-2011, 04:12 AM
I didn't know this forum existed untill a a month or so ago.

Fr0m_3ur0pe
08-18-2011, 04:28 AM
Followed forums for a while to get latest news.

minuteman76
08-18-2011, 06:33 AM
I followed the forums in 2007-08. I decided this time around to register and contribute.

Matthew Zak
08-18-2011, 07:30 AM
I like to think this is a central hub, but we only have hundreds here at a time and we know there are thousands of us out there. It's nice to pack this "room" full of people who are hungry for liberty, though.

Stefan
08-18-2011, 07:35 AM
A "ton" of new folks would be about... 13, if their average weight was 150 lbs.

Haha, my kind of humour!

specsaregood
08-18-2011, 07:35 AM
65 new forum members yesterday!
27 so far today.
Yeah, lots of new faces. Welcome aboard all!

Total of 61, yesterday.