PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: I Scare Mainstream Media

bobbyw24
08-17-2011, 12:41 PM
Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul has been taking it to the mainstream media this week for not devoting more attention to his campaign. “They don't want to discuss my views, because I think they're frightened by me challenging the status quo and the establishment,” he told Fox News Tuesday.

He expounded on that explanation in an interview with Piers Morgan on CNN. “They don’t want my views out there — they’re too dangerous,” the Texas congressman said. “We want freedom, and we’re challenging the status quo. We want to end the war, we want a gold standard, and their view is that people just can’t handle all this freedom.”

Story continues below with video

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/RonPaul-media-campaign-president/2011/08/17/id/407701

Napoleon's Shadow
08-17-2011, 08:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9nOIusbDwI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7eY-WAtkEg

wgadget
08-17-2011, 08:54 PM
Many talk radio hosts have banned all Ron Paul supporters from getting on the air: Rush Limbaugh, Neal Boortz, Michael Savage and Erick Erickson of Redstate, to name a few.

They use the excuse that Ron Paul's supporters are moronic nutjobs and are way too passionate about their candidate. WTF?

Since Ron's straw poll success, I had been looking forward to the deserved input of Ron Paul callers, and the prospect of perhaps educating more voters about his stances on the issues....Looks like all they have left is to blatantly ban us.

This should be another chapter in the Media Ignores Ron Paul story, but I don't know any journalists...Makes me sick.

moderate libertarian
08-17-2011, 10:31 PM
People who had argued that US media was controlled by sleaze are starting to look like prophets.

Anti Federalist
08-17-2011, 11:41 PM
People who had argued that US media was controlled by sleaze are starting to look like prophets.

Or just controlled, period.

It wasn't too long ago that just floating the idea that the media is "controlled" would get you laughed at.

It's no laughing matter anymore, when it's this obvious and not just because of Ron Paul bias, but just the whole "Pravda" smell of the whole stinking government owned media establishment.

NewRightLibertarian
08-17-2011, 11:52 PM
They use the excuse that Ron Paul's supporters are moronic nutjobs and are way too passionate about their candidate. WTF?

It's a media blackout. They'll use any reasoning they possibly can to keep the truth out. Although I think they are realizing they can gain relevance and look more intelligent by bandwagoning and plagiarizing Ron Paul and his movement so we are getting better coverage from the right wing talk radio media. Glenn Beck and Michael Savage will bring Ron Paul on and kiss his ass these days. They aren't true believers, but they are making strides and it's a positive development.

It wasn't too long ago that just floating the idea that the media is "controlled" would get you laughed at.

It's no laughing matter anymore, when it's this obvious and not just because of Ron Paul bias, but just the whole "Pravda" smell of the whole stinking government owned media establishment.

Yeah, it's almost like there's a conspiracy going on!

heavenlyboy34
08-17-2011, 11:54 PM

qft! They used to at least try to be more subtle about it, and the whole media conspiracy was rather plausible, but not quite obvious. Now, it's glaringly obvious. Either they think people are that dumb or the majority are that dumb. (probably both, though)

headhawg7
08-18-2011, 12:30 AM
qft! They used to at least try to be more subtle about it, and the whole media conspiracy was rather plausible, but not quite obvious. Now, it's glaringly obvious. Either they think people are that dumb or the majority are that dumb. (probably both, though)

So far it has paid off wouldn't you say? I mean look at obama. He has been bush II on steroids. All the sudden the democrats are for the wars, patriot act, etc....A very good friend of mine is a very liberal democrat. He was against the patriot act, gitmo, the wars, bush's debt and deficits, TARP, etc...Once obama continued these policies I asked him what happened? I said you used to be against all of those things and now you don't even bring them up. When we talk or I see you all you want to talk about is how bad the republicans are. What about obama and the democrats? They continue the EXACT same policies as bush and you want to ignore that? What's really sad is that once I get him to see the way things really are he continues to go back to watching MSNBC and CNN. It is like he is addicted to heroin. He is so caught up in the back and forth he can not see the truth right in front of his eyes. I think this is what is happening to many many many voters in this country.

What happens is MANY americans who vote and stay interested in politics get their info from the MSM, msnbc, cnn, fox, talk radio, etc...and all these places do is promote the soap opera that has so many americans in a trance. It is like they are being controlled and dumbed down. I do not understand why they allow themselves to be blatantly manipulated and played off of one another. They have successfully divided the country into either an R or a D. What is they see anybody outside of this paradigm as loony. It is like two large companies in collusion to create a monopoly amongst themselves. It is so frustrating.

havoc37
08-18-2011, 12:41 AM
And it's true, he does scare mainstream media! Go get them, Paul!