Josalyn
08-17-2011, 11:50 AM
new timer voter. glad to be here

Melissa
08-17-2011, 11:53 AM
Welcome to the forums Jos glad to have you on board

Bruno
08-17-2011, 11:57 AM
Welcome aboard, Jos, and + rep for a great post!

We are glad to have you hre, and I hope you share your stories about learning about Ron Paul with others. :)

Josalyn
08-17-2011, 12:05 PM
Thank you, you two.

dannno
08-17-2011, 12:13 PM
(tl;dr)

Not only did I read every word, I took the time to appreciate the curves of the typeface on each character.

/creeper

So how were you able to reconcile his positions on foreign affairs?

Josalyn
08-17-2011, 01:11 PM
Not only did I read every word, I took the time to appreciate the curves of the typeface on each character.

/creeper

So how were you able to reconcile his positions on foreign affairs?

Lol, that's not a creeper.

flightlesskiwi
08-17-2011, 01:30 PM
welcome to the forums and good posts!

as a military spouse, if you would be so kind to read my opinion about US foreign affairs and the purpose of our military: my husband took an oath of duty to uphold the constitution of the united states of america and to defend the constitution from enemies, foreign and domestic. in other words, he took an oath to uphold this county's rule of law.

i view it as a travesty that he has been "contracted out" by our government (for lack of better terms) to fight for the preservation of a foreign nation's rule of law. despite my individual support for israel as a nation, and despite those entangling militaristic alliances with foreign nations ("law"), i would still view it as a travesty if he were ever "contracted out" by our government to fight to preserve the nation of Israel and it's rule of law.

and you are quite correct: Israel has a superb military and is quite capable of defending her own boarders. it is often times the US meddling in Israeli domestic affairs that keeps her from doing such.

Josalyn
08-17-2011, 01:40 PM
welcome to the forums and good posts!

as a military spouse, if you would be so kind to read my opinion about US foreign affairs and the purpose of our military: my husband took an oath of duty to uphold the constitution of the united states of america and to defend the constitution from enemies, foreign and domestic. in other words, he took an oath to uphold this county's rule of law.

i view it as a travesty that he has been "contracted out" by our government (for lack of better terms) to fight for the preservation of a foreign nation's rule of law. despite my individual support for israel as a nation, and despite those entangling militaristic alliances with foreign nations ("law"), i would still view it as a travesty if he were ever "contracted out" by our government to fight to preserve the nation of Israel and it's rule of law.

and you are quite correct: Israel has a superb military and is quite capable of defending her own boarders. it is often times the US meddling in Israeli domestic affairs that keeps her from doing such.

a big thanks from me and my family to your family and husband for the sacrifices your husband makes everyday.

flightlesskiwi
08-17-2011, 01:52 PM
And I would love to read your post. A link is highly needed, though. I'm still a newbie at this forum. :3

apologies for the confusion-- my "post" was merely the point i made after the colon... no link :)

have fun on the forums!! there is a wealth of information here! and endeavor to perserve when spreading the message of liberty!

Josalyn
08-17-2011, 01:54 PM
apologies for the confusion-- my "post" was merely the point i made after the colon... no link :)

have fun on the forums!! there is a wealth of information here! and endeavor to perserve when spreading the message of liberty!

No apologies needed. I'm low on awakeness anyway today. So no worries. And thank you, I look forward to staying active here.

dannno
08-17-2011, 03:34 PM
I was a bit shocked to see her say negative things about him. Things like "Ron Paul's disgusting hatred for Israel" or how Ron Paul supposedly wants the jews killed. Well, I felt like that was a pretty unjust thing to claim about someone who not only served for our country but about such an honest man, especially just because he said to let Israel deal with its own issues revolving around other countries.

That's really good to hear. I've made the argument many times to people on blogs, comment sections and forums who are trying to attack Ron Paul on false grounds that they are doing a dis-service to themselves and their cause because there are some people who are reading what they are writing and will end up looking into it themselves and find out how wrong they are just about the basic facts, which calls into question their entire opinion on the subject. Intellectually dishonest arguments are often based on emotions rather than reason. They create confusion instead of understanding, which is why I have to think that some people spread some types of disinformation on purpose. Others just pick it up and pass it on.

I just recently learned that Ron Paul was the only one who didn't condemn Israel in a act of defense that occurred a while ago. I'm not too educated on this issue specifically, but as of now, I'm still reading up on this. If anyone could help, I'd love to know more about the time when Ron Paul was the only one who supported Israel in a act of defense for their country. I can't remember the article I learned this from but I just read it the other day.

In 1981 Israel bombed some nuclear weapons facilities in Iraq and almost the entire U.S. Congress voted to condemned them for their actions. Ron Paul stood up for them.

http://www.ronpaul.com/2011-08-14/ron-paul-the-most-pro-israel-candidate/

And that's just on Israel/Iran. I haven't even gotten to our own border's issues. And living in the South, lemme tell you brother, the illegals are an issue. Not only for the gun/drug wars, but for the simple fact that they're making all the money and never paying any taxes. It's a major imbalance in our economic system that should be top priority.

I have read some studies that show illegal immigrants pay more in taxes than they receive in govt. services. On the other hand, we ALL pay more in taxes than we receive in govt. services.. so they aren't helping us pay for the wars, but they are (according to some studies) at least supporting themselves in that regard. That doesn't mean I support government services for illegal aliens (particularly welfare), but it does help take away one more argument that demonizes them.

I am for protecting the border, and I am against amnesty because I agree illegal immigrants shouldn't be able to just come here and vote. However, there is a big move to demonize illegal immigrants by many politicians on the right who simply use the issue as a way to get more votes.

It is true that some illegal immigrants don't pay taxes, and so they have a competitive advantage over a citizen who would have to pay taxes. For example, you can pay an illegal alien $10/hour under the table, but for a citizen to make $10/hour you might have to pay them about $14/hour. That's not very fair. This does lead to many American jobs being taken over by illegal immigrants.

However it's hard to blame it on the illegal immigrants themselves as most of the time they are simply trying to create a better life for themselves and their family. It's also hard to blame the businesses who hire them, as their competitors have access to the same low wage labor. So if honest business people one day decided to stop hiring illegal immigrants, then those honest businesses would be the first ones to go out of business.. and then what would have been solved? It would just lead to less honest business people.

Here is a past post I made on the subject of illegal immigrants and NAFTA, regarding the plight of the Mexican immigrant that most people are unaware of:

NAFTA wasn't just a bill that passed here, it had to pass in Mexico as well. However, NAFTA was much, much worse for the people of Mexico, most Americans don't realize it. They had to completely change their Constitution. Pre-NAFTA, the PEOPLE of Mexico owned their land, lived in agricultural communities and subsisted on their own. NAFTA essentially let the government steal all of this land from the people and sold it to the highest bidding corporations.

After NAFTA was passed in the early 90s, millions of Mexicans were kicked off of their land. This included the Zapatistas. The Zapatistas rose up with guns blazing and tried to fight for their land that was stolen from them. They went up against the Mexican Military, which was BACKED by the U.S. Government. Many people died. The tyranny of the Mexican government is an extension of the tyranny of the U.S. Government.

After NAFTA, the poverty rate in Mexico doubled from around 30% to around 60%. Now you might ask yourself, why have millions of Mexicans come to America? That's why. Because they were kicked off their land, they knew it was NAFTA and US political corruption. Most of them are aware it was OUR government who was ultimately at fault, WE are the ones ignorant of the situation. They also knew they could come up here, get jobs, get free government programs. It was almost like an invitation to your worst enemy's wedding, but hey, there's going to be a free meal, dessert and dancing.

I don't blame illegal migrant workers one bit for their situation. There is NOTHING they could have done AS INDIVIDUALS to stop this all from happening, and they are making the best of a shitty situation.

Son of Detroit
08-17-2011, 03:38 PM
Welcome, this my first election as well!

dannno
08-17-2011, 04:06 PM
I notice you posted this in another thread, but I thought I'd answer it here since this is the 'welcome' section.

Well, I'd hate to be the newbish one. But what is this moneybomb about exactly? Is it just for donations? Could I get some info on just what exactly this is about? Cuz I will donate most definitely.

What happens when I attend the FB page?

Once again, I am sorry for appearing newbish, but it's only because I am! C:

Here's a brief history of the moneybomb (actual donation totals may not be accurate as they are from memory)

Back in the end of September 2007, the campaign had raised over approx. $700k and they were pushing to get it to over $1 million before the end of the quarter. People came together, donated in mass and raised over $1.2 million in a matter of a couple days or so to put the total donations for the quarter up over $2 million! This was huge for a campaign that was so small at the time, and we could tell that the movement was beginning to grow.

To test the potential of the movement, someone had an idea. Based on the film V for Vendetta (watch it!), we would hit the establishment with a Nov. 5th "moneybomb". We raised I think about $4.2 million that day, it was a huge success.

So then we decided to have another moneybomb on the anniversary of the Tea Party, Dec. 16th 2007.

We had Tea Party rallies all over the country (the first modern day tea party rallies in the nation) on Dec. 16th, 2007. We raised over $6 million in one day, which was a record for one-day total donations to any political candidate ever!! We thought, how could the media ignore us now?? Well, they had Ron Paul on CNN and a couple shows briefly to talk about the success, never to really mention his name ever again through Super Tuesday.

The name "moneybomb" stuck, and we've had countless moneybombs for countless liberty candidates since. Some other non-liberty candidates have even used the name "moneybomb" for their fundraisers.

If you want to get really excited, checkout the documentary about the movement from four years ago, "For Liberty: How the Ron Paul Revolution Watered the Withered Tree of Liberty"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIcIkoOwp7s

PeacePlan
08-17-2011, 04:16 PM
Thank you, you two. And I plan on it.

Lol, I'm glad my post was good in some people's opinions. I am very very serious about supporting Ron in 2012 so much so my friends and family are saying I'm obsessed. Not my fault I'm obsessed with Liberty!

Obsessed or you may be like most of us... Junkies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8rsMhQUFkA

trey4sports
08-17-2011, 04:19 PM
+rep