PDA

View Full Version : What if we left the media alone....

evadmurd
08-17-2011, 11:34 AM
I know I will probably take some heat for this, but I've got to make this proposal.

What if we just left the media alone? Didn't flame them with whining and complaining about this or that. Didn't overload their e-mail boxes with derogatory and inflammatory statements. Didn't continually try to figuratively cut their throats every time they said or did something (or didn't) that we feel is an assault on our better ideas and dreams.

....and we just let our voting, fundraising, attendance do our talking for us.

I really think we would be much better off.

Look, there is no question we (and the campaign) are being disrespected. We ALL know this. We also know that the media, having found nothing on RP to hang him for other than some old stories of racist newsletters that he didn't even write, will continue to blame his followers for the bad rap and press that he gets.

Bogus, I know. But, let's face it. There is a ton of truth there.

I don't believe that we can command respect by being disrespectful. We do NEED the media on our side and it will NEVER happen if we pounce of their every move, claim, lie, or omission. That is what they WANT US TO DO! It's what they EXPECT us to do!

I would love the media to come SEEKING us rather than pointing and laughing at us. If we just left them the hell alone--COMPLETELY--and they saw we continue to commandingly support Ron with increasing fervor and numbers, they would beg us to contribute.

This campaign is about freedom and liberty. It is about Ron Paul--not us.

IMHO

Bruno
08-17-2011, 11:42 AM
They sought Ron Paul for every interview about the economy for the last two years. He was on probably more than most politicians, literally within days of Obama's election up until the day Ron announced he was going to run. He was asked every single interview if he was going to run, and once he did, they basically shunned him.

Unfortunately, most people watch TV and make up their minds on what they see on the boob tube. Talking heads saying, "Ron Paul can't win" have an effect on their viewpoint. If they were instead to say over and over again, "Wow, Ron Paul is really becoming mainstream. He is the new rising star. He has the best chance of beating Obama", it wouldn't matter what his views were on foreign policy or the Drug War or any other issue.

If TV said it, it must be true. TV created Obama. TV can destroy him, and propell Ron Paul to victory. We need our worst enemy to become our best friend. And this anti-media backlash may have been our catalyst to wake people up and demand some swaying of the media towards fairness.

Silencernate
08-17-2011, 12:18 PM
Bruno is entirely correct. If there's one lesson that 2008 taught us, its that the media cannot simply be ignored. The internet is a tool, and like any tool, it can only work on certain applications before you need a different tool.

Something I was mentioning on Facebook earlier today was bringing back the Ron Paul blimp. Sure, the giant one could be flown at the New Hampshire Straw Poll, or other events that were big. But a much better and much cheaper setup could be done by the grassroot supporters.

http://ronpaulblimp.com/mini-blimps-for-meetups/

This company makes small 11-20 foot blimps. Some might be on the pricey side, but I'm sure those with a little skill could make them from scratch. The idea is to fly them over our homes where possible. It would attract questions "Who's Ron Paul?" and people would look it up, and realize tht Ron Paul is the only person out there on the GOP side that stands for true liberty, and has a proven track record to back up his claims.

I'm not the most creative person out there. I'm sure there are plenty of other ideas.

Bruno
08-17-2011, 12:27 PM
Bruno is entirely correct. If there's one lesson that 2008 taught us, its that the media cannot simply be ignored. The internet is a tool, and like any tool, it can only work on certain applications before you need a different tool.

Something I was mentioning on Facebook earlier today was bringing back the Ron Paul blimp. Sure, the giant one could be flown at the New Hampshire Straw Poll, or other events that were big. But a much better and much cheaper setup could be done by the grassroot supporters.

http://ronpaulblimp.com/mini-blimps-for-meetups/

This company makes small 11-20 foot blimps. Some might be on the pricey side, but I'm sure those with a little skill could make them from scratch. The idea is to fly them over our homes where possible. It would attract questions "Who's Ron Paul?" and people would look it up, and realize tht Ron Paul is the only person out there on the GOP side that stands for true liberty, and has a proven track record to back up his claims.

I'm not the most creative person out there. I'm sure there are plenty of other ideas.

Welcome to the forums, Silencernate! :)

Liten
08-17-2011, 01:48 PM
I like the idea very a lot, but instead of a price large blimp how about using a remote control blimp with lights and logo on it. I googled "large remote control blimp" and found this.
h x xp://www.rctoys.com/rc-toys-and-parts/MACH-3Z-BBOT/RC-BLIMPS-MACH-III.html?utm_source=googlebase_froogle&utm_medium=US&utm_term=MACH-3Z-BBOT

Just a thought.

specsaregood
08-17-2011, 01:51 PM
I don't believe that we can command respect by being disrespectful. We do NEED the media on our side and it will NEVER happen if we pounce of their every move, claim, lie, or omission. That is what they WANT US TO DO! It's what they EXPECT us to do!

It doesn't matter what you suggest or even if we all agreed. there are still thousands that are gonna do what they are gonna do. you can only control your actions. my suggestion is to counteract the negative images of his supporters, with positive examples. And even when it is all said and done, other campaign supporters have proposed/acted out by pretending to be Dr. Paul supporters and acting like douches, romney supporters for example.

Silencernate
08-17-2011, 01:55 PM
The little RC blimp could be fun, but it doesn't make people think about Ron Paul. Now if we flew them around malls it might work, but it might just get us thrown out.

evadmurd
08-17-2011, 01:59 PM
Who mentioned anything about ignoring the media? I'm simply stating that leaving them alone and not trying to bully them into covering a story the way we want them to cover it will bring us more media prowess then otherwise. As I stated, WE need the media--they don't need us. Thus being on the outside looking in requires tact, sensibility and respect. Not coercion and name calling.

A blimp would be a colossal waste of resources UNLESS we have the media on our side. Otherwise it will only be a source of frustration and contempt.

ds21089
08-17-2011, 02:13 PM
Who mentioned anything about ignoring the media? I'm simply stating that leaving them alone and not trying to bully them into covering a story the way we want them to cover it will bring us more media prowess then otherwise. As I stated, WE need the media--they don't need us. Thus being on the outside looking in requires tact, sensibility and respect. Not coercion and name calling.

A blimp would be a colossal waste of resources UNLESS we have the media on our side. Otherwise it will only be a source of frustration and contempt.

I disagree. That's like saying if we just sit back and shut up about government corruption, maybe one day they'll decide to start looking out for the interest of the American people. Also, the media DOES need us. If we continue to discredit the media, they will lose ratings. We are also putting their asses on the burners and by doing so, they're making more mistakes and it's becoming increasingly obvious to even the most simplistic viewers that they are being unfair. Once enough people wake up to this, the media will notice they have two options: adapt to the demands of the people in order to keep ratings and be relevant.. or cease to exist.

Romulus
08-17-2011, 02:16 PM
"We are in the business of kicking candidates out" Kurtz - CNN

I do not think we should ever leave them alone... as the free market, we need to demand truth and integrity from our press.

JamesButabi
08-17-2011, 08:19 PM
These would make really fun mini blimps. Cheap as hell too!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIJINiK9azc

Monique
08-21-2011, 06:04 AM
Oh heavens! Not another blimp! Please! That cost a fortune last time and made us a laughing stock. It also divided this board something fierce and hurt him more than it ever helped. This time let's stick to things that work, ok? Like giving RON our money and letting him use it so he can get himself elected. If we don't trust him, there is no point doing anything.

As far as leaving the media alone, I agree we should all be terribly respectful, but we also need to stop them from stealing our one chance at turning this country around. No matter how insane, stupid, or irrational it is, people simply will not pay attention or give money to a candidate that the mainstream media has said doesn't have a chance.

Oh sure, we are getting a tiny bit of press about Ron being ignored after Ames, but that pales in comparison to how we would be doing if HIS name was mentioned as being in the top tier on every single channel.

The MSM is devastating this campaign just as they did last time around. If we don't fight it, they won't change. The best way to fight, seriously is with money. The only time we were taken seriously last time was after the 6 million dollar money bomb. We need more like that. And the way we got that one, was WE ALL worked day and night sending out emails to every single Ron Paul supporter we could find. We used lists from Myspace last time. I don't know what lists to use this time, but we need to do all that work at least 2 weeks before the money bomb and really keep telling people how important it is. ONLY then will the MSM take him seriously. And we need the MSM to take him seriously for most of the people in this country to take him seriously.

In the mean time, if you are ok with whatever station you just saw stealing your chance at financial freedom, then stay quiet. I can't afford to. It is not funny, or cute, or acceptable. It is treasonous and I won't stand for it. (But always be polite).

Now is our time. We have to take advantage of it.

Travlyr
08-21-2011, 06:25 AM
The media is the source of nearly all modern day problems. Imagine what life would be like if the media embraced peace or truth.

Imagine where we would be today if a devoted consistent intelligent constitutional scholar, author, and 30 year congressman from Texas had been allowed in the presidential debates 3 years ago instead of the media promoting a freshman senator who voted absent more often than not with a background resume of community organizer from the Chicago machine. Which man is really more qualified to be leader of the free world? Ron Paul hands down.

What if the media told the truth about honest sound money everyday instead of obfuscating the truth of printing money out of nothing? Debasement of currency is a big deal. The inflation tax takes money out of everybody's bank account everyday by sleight of hand. What if more people understood that concept because the media told the truth?

What if the media told the truth about the wars? Peace would ensue.

When we get truth and honesty from the media the people win. We must force their hand.

FreeTraveler
08-21-2011, 06:41 AM
Leave the media alone? Those lying sacks of s*** who do everything they can to marginalize freedom and get people willingly to submit to the will of their masters?

You're harshin' my buzz, man.

erowe1
08-21-2011, 06:53 AM
I know I will probably take some heat for this, but I've got to make this proposal.

What if we just left the media alone? Didn't flame them with whining and complaining about this or that. Didn't overload their e-mail boxes with derogatory and inflammatory statements. Didn't continually try to figuratively cut their throats every time they said or did something (or didn't) that we feel is an assault on our better ideas and dreams.

Look, there is no question we (and the campaign) are being disrespected. We ALL know this. We also know that the media, having found nothing on RP to hang him for other than some old stories of racist newsletters that he didn't even write, will continue to blame his followers for the bad rap and press that he gets.

I would love the media to come SEEKING us rather than pointing and laughing at us. If we just left them the hell alone--COMPLETELY--and they saw we continue to commandingly support Ron with increasing fervor and numbers, they would beg us to contribute.

IMHO

Great suggestion.

+rep

Monique
08-21-2011, 06:59 AM
Evad,

If you are saying that we shouldn't be obnoxious, then I totally agree with you. But I do think we need to be forceful. However, I don't think trying to get a particular station to do something is all that useful. They will do what they are going to do. I think we need to tell others about the shoddy reporting from that station. If the station has a forum or a comments section, let the viewers know how bad the station is depriving them of truth. And as usual, there is no need for ad hominem attacks. (Nothing personal). But if you ignore them and go away they will be pleased as punch and stay silent.

falconplayer11
08-21-2011, 07:47 AM

IMHO

Spot on! This is EXACTLY what we need to be doing. We are gaining in the polls without the media's support...it can continue without the media's support! If TV likes Ron Paul, it will be for the wrong reasons anyway.

AdamT
08-21-2011, 07:55 AM
The media is the source of nearly all modern day problems. Imagine what life would be like if the media embraced peace or truth.

Imagine where we would be today if a devoted consistent intelligent constitutional scholar, author, and 30 year congressman from Texas had been allowed in the presidential debates 3 years ago instead of the media promoting a freshman senator who voted absent more often than not with a background resume of community organizer from the Chicago machine. Which man is really more qualified to be leader of the free world? Ron Paul hands down.

What if the media told the truth about honest sound money everyday instead of obfuscating the truth of printing money out of nothing? Debasement of currency is a big deal. The inflation tax takes money out of everybody's bank account everyday by sleight of hand. What if more people understood that concept because the media told the truth?

What if the media told the truth about the wars? Peace would ensue.

When we get truth and honesty from the media the people win. We must force their hand.

+rep

Johnny Appleseed
08-21-2011, 08:12 AM
Yep great idea I would push for a campaign to delete msm channels from peoples tv and promote online news sources.

create a ratings drop bomb

evadmurd
09-01-2011, 06:58 AM
Evad,

If you are saying that we shouldn't be obnoxious, then I totally agree with you. But I do think we need to be forceful. However, I don't think trying to get a particular station to do something is all that useful. They will do what they are going to do. I think we need to tell others about the shoddy reporting from that station. If the station has a forum or a comments section, let the viewers know how bad the station is depriving them of truth. And as usual, there is no need for ad hominem attacks. (Nothing personal). But if you ignore them and go away they will be pleased as punch and stay silent.

Truly the difference between assertiveness and aggressiveness, IMO.

V3n
09-01-2011, 07:12 AM
The media wants money.. they get money by advertising.. they get advertisements by being popular, getting more views, more hits, selling more papers.

I think we can win more with positive reinforcement rather than negative. The emails to individuals whether positive or negative don't exactly equal $$. I think the best way to get more media coverage is to buy the papers that cover RP, buy the magazines that run his story, visit the pages, view the videos at the source site. Once they figure out "Ron Paul" sells - they'll want to sell more of it.

Crystallas
09-02-2011, 01:00 AM
Do what you feel is right. If you want to go crazy on the msm, go for it! Just remember, like war, we see blowback for bad actions, so be responsible and factual!

amonasro
09-02-2011, 01:06 AM
Oh heavens! Not another blimp! Please!

From a marketing perspective, the problem with a blimp is the amount of resources it takes versus the amount of people who actually see it.

CaptainAmerica
09-02-2011, 01:10 AM
We should hold the media accountable in society for the lies they perpetuate.Of course we should always back up our claims with facts though.