PDA

View Full Version : Media solution: Disappear Michele Bachmann

Harald
08-17-2011, 10:00 AM
I was working out this morning and there was a CNN on. It seems like Michel Bachmann is no longer in the news.

There was a long segment about Mitt Romney, then even longer about Rick Perry.
Nothing on MB or Ron Paul.

I heard yesterday in several TV clips and articles that it is not Ron Paul who doesn't get proper coverage, it is MB who gets to much.

They fixed it now.

zerosdontcount
08-17-2011, 10:01 AM
I've noticed that too

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
08-17-2011, 10:03 AM
I saw some coverage of her a bit ago but they were just making fun of her Elvis comments and saying she must have the worst campaign staff out of anybody.

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-17-2011, 10:04 AM
Mitt Romney's campaign is dead!

wgadget
08-17-2011, 10:06 AM
I've seen stuff about how she lied about going to a family reunion or something. Meh.

Rick Perry as the Chosen One has arrived.

But it's amazing how he's being shot down vehemently by people who bother to actually check him out.

sailingaway
08-17-2011, 10:07 AM
They always wanted to pretend Perry was tea party and to have an establishment type (in Mittens' case), against an establisment goon (in Perry's case.)

It won't work, because Ron is in the race. Win or lose himself, he has Perry's number.

Aliangel
08-17-2011, 10:11 AM
Bachmann and Romney are just a nuisance to the media, the fix is in with perry.

Brian4Liberty
08-17-2011, 10:12 AM
Caught a little bit of mainstream news yesterday (NBC, CBS, PBS) and it was all Perry vs Obama. Amazing how the media is pushing someone who hasn't won any Straw Polls or Primaries.

Krugerrand
08-17-2011, 10:28 AM

I'm curious to see what happens to his war chest.

Krugerrand
08-17-2011, 10:31 AM

dupe post // sorry.

Jingles
08-17-2011, 10:32 AM
How could anyone look at Rick Perry, look at his record, and then be like, "Yes, I am going to vote for this guy".

Also, I never heard Rick Perry talk before until that Jon Stewart interview. ...MY GOD I DON'T WANT GEORGE BUSH AGAIN! AFHGJSDFHSDAFLKDSGAKDSJHSDAFJK

mtmedlin
08-17-2011, 10:38 AM
I really think that bachmann will be a flash in the pan. She is too prone to stickig her foot in her mouth and lying ot cover it up. Looking at her supporters, they are people who are looking for an out of the box thinker who is a bit "radical"...unfortunately they have been duped by the hijacked tea party and Bachman to think that she is the one. This plays well into our favor. Many of her followers wont be able to stomach Perry or Mitt. If before New Hampshire we can get this down to a 3 way race, I can see Dr Paul coming into his own and doing very well.

The Key is that we need to raise the money earlier this time. Ron needs $20 million in the bank before Christmas. In 2008, we had the campaign rolling but a little too late. Now his ideas are considered more palatable and mainstream, so hopefully we wont have to fight all the same battles. This first money bomb needs to come in big time. ($5 million range or higher) I am concerned because I am not seeing ALL the Ron Paul sites and forums comming together and really promoting this single bomb.

In 2008, we were a little too splintered. Alot of great ideas were had, but if we can focus our efforts more, I truly believe that Ron has a much better chance.

SimpleName
08-17-2011, 11:38 AM
Media would be stupid to put all their propaganda eggs in the Perry basket. You have to keep Romney around because just like in 2008, there is always a chance that the generic candidate (McCain at that point) grabs momentum and takes off.

Aratus
08-17-2011, 02:25 PM
the media moguls do not want a paul/bachmann ticket so
rick perry is now here so he can tell mitt to go veep himself?

Rudeman
08-17-2011, 03:08 PM
They always wanted to pretend Perry was tea party and to have an establishment type (in Mittens' case), against an establisment goon (in Perry's case.)

It won't work, because Ron is in the race. Win or lose himself, he has Perry's number.

Was watching MSNBC the other day and they were talking about how Perry would take Paul's 10% (which made me laugh) and cut into Bachmann's base (probably true) as well as Romney. They are pushing him as Mr. Everything. Tea Party and Establishment. I don't think it'll work though.

Elwar
08-17-2011, 03:14 PM
It is easier for the media to have two candidates to compare and contrast against.

The American viewers love having a choice between one thing or another. Having multiple choices just hurts their poor brains.

JoshLowry
08-17-2011, 03:19 PM
Romney hasn't been cycled through as the media's annointed one yet.

It's not his turn to have a real strong push yet.

We've already been through the Cain, Trump, and Pawlenty pushes. Bachmann just finished hers. They were all notable time periods.

Bruno
08-17-2011, 03:21 PM
Caught a little bit of mainstream news yesterday (NBC, CBS, PBS) and it was all Perry vs Obama. Amazing how the media is pushing someone who hasn't won any Straw Polls or Primaries.

This will flop in their faces because this Bilderberger will implode. Then they will drag out Paul Ryan, Chris Christie, or (gag) Ghooliani.

The elites are running out of ammo.