PDA

View Full Version : Michele Bachmann having a town hall in my town Friday

MomsBasement
08-17-2011, 07:42 AM
Any suggestions on what I should try to ask her? :)

UpstateGenius
08-17-2011, 07:45 AM
When you drop out will you endorse Ron Paul?

TexAg09
08-17-2011, 07:47 AM
^Nice lmao!

vroomery
08-17-2011, 07:47 AM
I would think you should either ask her about her time in the IRS or frame a question around the unconstitutionality of the Patriot Act.

IndianaPolitico
08-17-2011, 07:49 AM
Here is one,
"You and other candidates such as Rick Perry, and Newt Gingrich have begun to attack the Federal Reserve. Congressman Paul has been against the Fed for decades. Is he setting the tone for the rest of the Republican field?"

sailingaway
Don't be rude. Ask her to explain her vote for the Patriot Act.

But I understand she screens questions -- that might just be from the media, though.

PeacePlan
Any suggestions on what I should try to ask her? :)

Which town - she is from my district and maybe I will go also...

mcgraw_wv
"What are some of the principles you took away from your weekly attendance of Ron Paul's meetings at the Capitol, and how have you applied those to your own belief of government and it's role in our lives?"

swissaustrian
Ask her on farm subsidies.
a) If she ever received some? [She did, but doesn´t admit]
b) If she thinks they should be abolished?

KEEF
08-17-2011, 07:52 AM
I would think you should either ask her about her time in the IRS or frame a question around the unconstitutionality of the Patriot Act.

Yeah hit her up with the Patriot Act. She has never had to explain that one to her TEA Party followers. I suspect a response of "Well, that is a good question, and I support everybody's rights, yada, yada, but sometimes you need to give up some rights inorder to stay safe and free, blah, blah, blah."

If you find that the town hall is rigged and all questions are prescreened, bring it to light with cameras, etc.

Can't wait to hear what you have to say Friday night and/or Saturday morning. Good Luck!

brushfire
08-17-2011, 07:53 AM
No its a good question - how does your platform differ from Perry's?

BTW - she's already endorsed Dr Paul:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7G_pey51A8

PeacePlan
08-17-2011, 07:55 AM

But I understand she screens questions -- that might just be from the media, though.

She showed up at a meeting I was at and she stated how she supported all the wars. I asked her how she intended to pay for it when we were broke. A lot of Republicans at that meeting got mad at me for putting her on front street and told me I should have asked her after her presentation and not during it. Still think I did the right thing.

johnrocks
08-17-2011, 07:59 AM
Ask her if she is still attending Ron Paul's weekly economic meetings.

John of Des Moines
08-17-2011, 08:00 AM
Here is one,
"You and other candidates such as Rick Perry, and Newt Gingrich have begun to attack the Federal Reserve. Congressman Paul has been against the Fed for decades. Is he setting the tone for the rest of the Republican field?"

Good question.

Yeah hit her up with the Patriot Act. She has never had to explain that one to her TEA Party followers. I suspect a response of "Well, that is a good question, and I support everybody's rights, yada, yada, but sometimes you need to give up some rights inorder to stay safe and free, blah, blah, blah."

If you find that the town hall is rigged and all questions are prescreened, bring it to light with cameras, etc.

Can't wait to hear what you have to say Friday night and/or Saturday morning. Good Luck!

If she says that be ready to retort Franklin's quote about safety and liberty.

She showed up at a meeting I was at and she stated how she supported all the wars. I asked her how she intended to pay for it when we were broke. A lot of Republicans at that meeting got mad at me for putting her on front street and told me I should have asked her after her presentation and not during it. Still think I did the right thing.

You did the right thing. Maybe others will in the future ask tough questions.

Carehn
08-17-2011, 08:01 AM
You guys should be nice. She is the only candidate running that we have even a slight chance of getting an endorsement from. Ask her if should would consider running as RP vice. He wont pick her but it may get her thinking.

Havax
08-17-2011, 08:02 AM
If you ask about the Patriot ACT please be sure to mention specifically the part about the infringment on gun rights that are inside it. Most Americans are braindead to what the Patriot ACT actually is. Make sure you educate them in your question and ask her why she isn't strong on gun rights because she voted for the Patriot ACT.

Jason Sallee
08-17-2011, 08:06 AM
Take as many other Ron Paul supporters as you can. Do not take or wear any Ron Paul items and come separately. Go as concerned citizens because you are concerned. Ask your question nicely and listen to the answer. When you are not satisfied with the answer, get up and walk out. This will be the que for the remaining Ron Paul supporters to get up and walk out as well. Maybe it will make the news if enough people get up and walk out because they don't like her policies.

Havax
08-17-2011, 08:07 AM
Also highlight her support for Carter and question her roots.

MomsBasement
08-17-2011, 08:16 AM
I like the Patriot Act ideas, but that hasn't been a hot issue in a long time (unfortunately). Right now I am leaning towards asking her how she expects to pay for all the wars, and include how George Bush ran on a humble foreign policy.

PeacePlan
08-17-2011, 08:22 AM
Where and when is this meeting? I attempted looking it up and found nothing on my googles of it?

satchelmcqueen
08-17-2011, 08:24 AM
ask her that if she is worth anything and is honest like she says, will she call out the media for the ron paul blackout and let this be a fair even playing field?

or ask her why she had a rally the night before aimes even though it was illegal to do so.

or ask her why she made people vote for her to get in to see randy travis.

Verrater
08-17-2011, 08:27 AM

Yes, ask her Why did you vote for the patriot act when the founders made it clear than when you sacrifice liberty for security you will have neither?

MomsBasement
08-17-2011, 08:27 AM
It's in Myrtle Beach, SC. Politico has a calendar where you can see all events by candidate or by state. It's pretty useful.

bamafanmco
08-17-2011, 08:28 AM
"Would you support repealing the fourth amendment to the constitution in order to make the Patriot Act legal?"

Phrase the question this way, be very respectful.

PeacePlan
08-17-2011, 08:33 AM
It's in Myrtle Beach, SC. Politico has a calendar where you can see all events by candidate or by state. It's pretty useful.

Thanks for the info - I am from MN so I won't be attending that.

Cleaner44
08-17-2011, 08:42 AM
Make her explain this bullshit:

•2008 voted Yea for the Economic Stimulus Act of 2008 - H.R. 5140 - 110th Congress - http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=h2008-25
•2009 voted Yea for $192 Billion additional stimulus spending - H.R. 3357 - 111th Congress - http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=h2009-659
•2011 voted Yea to extend the USA PATRIOT Act - H.R. 514 - 112th Congress - http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=h2011-45

I would love to hear her spin how she was at the tip of the spear fighting for more stimulus spending!

hrdman2luv
08-17-2011, 08:44 AM
You can ask her why she voted for the 2007 stimulous package?

MomsBasement
08-17-2011, 08:55 AM
Ohhh, excellent. Yes, I will go with the stimulus question! I hope I get a chance to ask it. Also, if they try to screen me, I will make up some softball question and then actually ask the stimulus question ;)

ItsTime
08-17-2011, 08:57 AM

•2008 voted Yea for the Economic Stimulus Act of 2008 - H.R. 5140 - 110th Congress - http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=h2008-25
•2009 voted Yea for $192 Billion additional stimulus spending - H.R. 3357 - 111th Congress - http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=h2009-659
•2011 voted Yea to extend the USA PATRIOT Act - H.R. 514 - 112th Congress - http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=h2011-45

I would love to hear her spin how she was at the tip of the spear fighting for more stimulus spending!

Nice!

IDefendThePlatform
08-17-2011, 09:01 AM
Got any slim jims you can hand out outside? Or copies of the Grassroots Press?

IDefendThePlatform
08-17-2011, 09:02 AM

Yeah, definitely ask about the stimulus. Patriot Act pisses me off, but I don't think resonates as well as the stimulus garbage.

Romulus
08-17-2011, 09:05 AM
Simply as her if she believes her vote for the Patriot Act violates the Constitution?

Canderson
08-17-2011, 09:11 AM
Ohhh, excellent. Yes, I will go with the stimulus question! I hope I get a chance to ask it. Also, if they try to screen me, I will make up some softball question and then actually ask the stimulus question ;)

make sure you know the H.R. numbers, maybe put them in the question. Plus ask her very politely, and make sure there is no chance she can claim it was a gotcha question

Mortikhi
08-17-2011, 09:11 AM
Ask her how many Americans, like you and me (pointing to people in the crowd), did she sue on behalf of the IRS when she worked there.

Cleaner44
08-17-2011, 09:15 AM
make sure you know the H.R. numbers, maybe put them in the question. Plus ask her very politely, and make sure there is no chance she can claim it was a gotcha question

This is the way to do it. Use her own positions against her. Make sure that you read up on the bills so you can say you saw where she voted for it. Remember the HR numbers.

She will certainly talk about battling government spending so frame your question with that. Agree with her on stopping government spending and then ask why she votes for wasteful stimulus.

Frame your question in her words.

Listen to how she makes statements against the spending and make your statement and question mesh with her position.

And have someone get video.

MomsBasement
08-17-2011, 04:43 PM
Ok, I think this is gonna be my question:

First, thank you for taking the time to visit Myrtle Beach. Tackling big government and big spending is the most important issue for Republicans in this election. In the last debate, you said you have been a spearhead on these types of issues, which is something we are all glad to hear. That being said, in 2008 the first stimulus bill, HR 5140 passed in congress. You voted yes on this bill. Ron Paul voted no. So my question is, why should we trust you instead of Ron Paul, or someone else, when it comes to big government and spending?

I figure I can nail her and slip in a Ron Paul plug at the same time if I phrase it this way :)

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
08-17-2011, 05:01 PM

First, thank you for taking the time to visit Myrtle Beach. Tackling big government and big spending is the most important issue for Republicans in this election. In the last debate, you said you have been a spearhead on these types of issues, which is something we are all glad to hear. That being said, in 2008 the first stimulus bill, HR 5140 passed in congress. You voted yes on this bill. Ron Paul voted no. So my question is, why should we trust you instead of Ron Paul, or someone else, when it comes to big government and spending?

I figure I can nail her and slip in a Ron Paul plug at the same time if I phrase it this way :)

That is a great question but honestly I would encourage you to leave Ron's name out of it. It could really look bad on the campaign and look to people like the campaign is putting plants into the audience of other candidates.

charliem
08-17-2011, 05:17 PM
Don't mention Ron Paul at all. Just ask questions that expose her and turn off her supporters.

ProfNo
08-17-2011, 05:38 PM
No its a good question - how does your platform differ from Perry's?

BTW - she's already endorsed Dr Paul:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7G_pey51A8

First, we as RP supporters should not be antagonistic. We need to always remember that Bachmann supporters are potential Ron Paul supporters. Especially since a lot of her supporters are following her blindly because they think she is "tea party".

You might want to ask something that gets her supporters thinking that way. Maybe something like "It looks likely that Iowa will between you and Ron Paul. You have spoken highly of him in the past, what do you think your similarities and differences are? "

Alex540
08-17-2011, 05:42 PM
I'd ask her straight up "Why should I support you instead of Ron Paul?"

FreeMind&Market
08-17-2011, 05:45 PM
<sarcasm>How many time did you read "End the Fed" before you understood it?</sarcasm>

eleganz
08-17-2011, 05:55 PM
Don't ask about the Patriot Act, she already has talking points to soothe the audience and flip particularly challenging questions into relatively favorable ones.

You must ask a question that is tough, surprising and will educate the audience on an obvious deception she put up for her campaign. One last thing, it must not seem rude or that you're particularly fond of Ron Paul.

Esoteric
08-17-2011, 05:56 PM
bring literature, or "for liberty" dvd's to hand out!!

Harald
08-17-2011, 06:03 PM
Please, be nice! We need MB supporters and possibly her endorsement.

You are Ron Paul ambassador.

TroySmith
08-17-2011, 06:07 PM
The most important thing is to be respectful. These are voters we need to come to our side eventually.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-17-2011, 09:11 PM
Ask her about all the foreign aid she voted for (look it up in the opposition topics subsection) here on the Forums.

And you could of course always do what the YAL kids did to Obama:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45ILj9Z6rCI

samforpaul
08-17-2011, 09:19 PM
Please, be nice! We need MB supporters and possibly her endorsement.

You are Ron Paul ambassador.

Agreed.

IDefendThePlatform
08-17-2011, 09:30 PM
bring literature, or "for liberty" dvd's to hand out!!

+1

Those dvds are awesome. Or any slim jims or grassroots printouts

kazmlsj
08-18-2011, 11:15 AM

You did. Is it an informational meeting or a dog-and-pony show for the press?
Politicians...yuck...

WilliamC
08-18-2011, 11:26 AM
C'mon guys and gals, do any of you see Ron or Rand bashing Bachmann?

No, so ask her a tough but fair question about her voting record and don't mention Ron Paul, so that when she drops out she will be at least not put off by rude Ron Paul supporters and may think more favorably of endorsing him.

One Last Battle!
08-18-2011, 11:45 AM
The three big ones, I think, would be the PATRIOT act, voting for stimulus, and how the US plans to pay for all the wars without raising taxes.

Dianne
08-18-2011, 12:03 PM
Maybe you can step up and ask her why she lied about having a PHD, and called herself Doctor Michelle Bachman for years. Also,
lying about the high cost of gas and feeding her 20 something foster kids; when she had none at the time.

That just broke today !!! I think Michelle is a pathological liar with illusions ofr grandeur.

JohnGalt23g
08-18-2011, 12:03 PM
Ask her if she agrees with Rick Perry that the activites of the Fed Board of Governors truly borders on treason.

And if so, would she, as President, demand the resignations of the Board of Governors of Jan 21, 2013?

Dianne
08-18-2011, 12:13 PM
Ask her if she agrees with Rick Perry that the activites of the Fed Board of Governors truly borders on treason.

And if so, would she, as President, demand the resignations of the Board of Governors of Jan 21, 2013?

That's a good one !!

Cleaner44
08-18-2011, 12:52 PM

First, thank you for taking the time to visit Myrtle Beach.

Tackling big government and big spending is the most important issue for Republicans in this election.
I am looking for a principled reformer that will stand firm against big government spending.
You have said that you spearhead the fight against a government that has gotten too big, spends too much and has accumulated too much power.

Can you explain why in 2008 you voted in favor of the first Obama stimulus bill, HR 5140?

Feeding the Abscess
08-18-2011, 12:53 PM
First, thank you for taking the time to visit Myrtle Beach.

Tackling big government and big spending is the most important issue for Republicans in this election.
I am looking for a principled reformer that will stand firm against big government spending.
You have said that you spearhead the fight against a government that has gotten too big, spends too much and has accumulated too much power.

Can you explain why in 2008 you voted in favor of the first Obama stimulus bill, HR 5140?

That was a Bush stimulus

anaconda
08-18-2011, 01:27 PM

Take a firmer tone. Tell her you are a Tea Party activist and many of your fellow Tea Party associates are horrified at her support for the un-American patriot act. Then quote Ben Franklin regarding security vs. liberty. And definitely have your camera's HD video rolling.

HOLLYWOOD
08-18-2011, 01:40 PM

Can't wait to hear what you have to say Friday night and/or Saturday morning. Good Luck!Michele Bachmann has address the Patriot Act and her voting for it renewal. Bachmann stated the 3 provisions she voted upon DO NOT violate the Constitutional Rights and contain due process. She is well prepared to sound convincing to the 90% of unsuspecting public.

Here's one video with the Judge you can see how evasive she is in the answer, so be prepared:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoVFMiKYvH8

havoc37
08-18-2011, 01:46 PM
When you drop out will you endorse Ron Paul?
Yes, ask this.

king_nothing_
08-18-2011, 01:53 PM

These are by far the best things to ask about.

anaconda
08-18-2011, 02:04 PM
Michele Bachmann has address the Patriot Act and her voting for it renewal. Bachmann stated the 3 provisions she voted upon DO NOT violate the Constitutional Rights and contain due process. She is well prepared to sound convincing to the 90% of unsuspecting public.

Here's one video with the Judge you can see how evasive she is in the answer, so be prepared:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoVFMiKYvH8

Notice how she smiled with relief just as the Judge gave up and changed the subject from the patriot act.