PDA

View Full Version : Block Parties

Pipeking
08-17-2011, 01:37 AM
Hello RPF family, I am usually just a lurker but I have an idea that I would like to run past you and get your opinion on. Since the MSM is in total ignore mode... we need to take the message to the street, specifically YOUR street.

Since the downturn in the economy many people are hurting, and some have turned to crime as a way to get by. In my city crime is way up. Thefts, break-ins, and robberies are increasing and have even been happening in my upper middle class neighborhood in Phoenix. My own home has now been broken into twice and my car's window has recently been smashed because I just left a few coins on the seat. I've asked my neighbors if they seen anything and they say no.

Were I grew up in WI my neighbors were very close and they watched our house like a hawk and we watched theirs. Now a days it seems as if I don't even know my neighbors. Which brings me to my idea... and I am just spit balling here.

What if we created a "How to" guide for Ron Paul supporters to plan and organize local neighborhood block parties. My thinking is that if we can get our neighbors together for a common cause like fighting local crime, it would be a great opportunity to spread Ron Paul's liberty message of peace and prosperity. Now obviously the message would have to be subtle, but the interaction with your neighbors could prove very beneficial. And since you are the host of the event... well, you could take some liberties on the amount of "liberty" you inject. (i.e. a For Liberty backyard screening ;))

Now think about if we got word to the campaign and they encourage folks to get together with neighbors in theses troubling times. Call it say... "The Know Thy Neighbor" initiative. Then these block parties become associated with the Ron Paul movement. Which could bring very positive PR to the campaign.

To me it seems, if we can make it simple enough, and create a guide on how to put one of these events together, we could have them all over the country. Perhaps maybe even a coordinated Ron Paul Block Party Bomb.

Keep in mind that this was just a light bulb that went off in my head. Feel free to let me know your thoughts and if you think this would be beneficial to the cause, and I am open to criticism... so fire away!!!