PDA

View Full Version : Okay guys, so what's next?!

mlee45
08-16-2011, 09:27 PM
Okay, so we (The Ron Paul Community) have put in A LOT of hard work already. The results of the Iowa straw poll showed so. If we can get ~4,500-5000 Ron Paul supporters to come to the Iowa straw poll, it is definitely reasonable that we are going to be VERY competitive in that state in months to come. The campaign this time is definitely a lot more organized than last time, and Ron Paul is a first tier candidate. We've moved him up there, and now we are within striking distance of winning the republican nomination. What are we going to do next?

I remember last time around, the day of the Iowa caucus, thinking that Ron paul was going to get 30% of the vote, and the media was just ignoring him, and that the pre-election polls were completely faked, but they werent. We are now at ~10%, but we need so much more, so I propose that we come up with an event to get a lot of Iowa voters, and New hampshire voters to make a big impact in the beginning. Because if we don't win at the beginning, we certainly aren't going to win in the end...

If we could just get those Iowa straw poll voters to each get just find 10 more of their friends in the next 5 months to vote or Ron, we would definitely come out on top, no question.

So what are we going to do next? I heard last time about people going door to door in NH, and being very frustrated with the way the polls turned out. So I'm proposing a huge event, because we need a good showing in Iowa, NH, Nevada, and all of the other early states.

but to all of the Ron Paul community, just always remember, DO NOT GIVE UP. We went from getting around 1000 votes to 5000 in just four years. We changed from being the guy that wasnt allowed on stage, to the guy that everyone steals his ideas on stage. We can do this!!!!

tsai3904
08-16-2011, 09:34 PM
Wyoming.

In 2008, Wyoming was the second state to hold elections. Wyoming has more delegates than New Hampshire.

During the 08 elections, less than 1,500 county level delegates decided the winner of the state.

There are currently about 300 vacant county level delegate positions that we can fill right now. All we need to do is let Wyoming supporters know about this.

If we can get those 300 positions filled with RP supporters, that's a guaranteed 20% vote on top of the other delegates that will support RP. It is the easiest way to influence an entire state. Other states require converting tens of thousands of people to support RP. In Wyoming, we only need a couple hundred supporters to win the state.

I've been asking for help to get the word out to Wyoming supporters but haven't gotten any responses.

We need to ID Wyoming supporters.

ForLibertyFight
08-16-2011, 09:54 PM
Florida Presidential 5 straw poll

realtonygoodwin
08-16-2011, 10:42 PM
Wyoming.

In 2008, Wyoming was the second state to hold elections. Wyoming has more delegates than New Hampshire.

During the 08 elections, less than 1,500 county level delegates decided the winner of the state.

There are currently about 300 vacant county level delegate positions that we can fill right now. All we need to do is let Wyoming supporters know about this.

If we can get those 300 positions filled with RP supporters, that's a guaranteed 20% vote on top of the other delegates that will support RP. It is the easiest way to influence an entire state. Other states require converting tens of thousands of people to support RP. In Wyoming, we only need a couple hundred supporters to win the state.

I've been asking for help to get the word out to Wyoming supporters but haven't gotten any responses.

I like this. Best of luck to you. I doubt I even know anyone in Wyoming . Find out how much it would cost to get a calling list and do some robopolling to id supporters.

muzzled dogg
08-16-2011, 10:43 PM
p5

value voter summit

eleganz
08-16-2011, 10:51 PM
Wyoming.

You might be one of the only avid supporters of getting this Wyoming thing on the road, maybe you'll need to take up a leadership role until it starts catching on. This is an easy win, I wish I knew ONE person from Wyoming!

Badger Paul
08-16-2011, 11:19 PM
Why not start by dropping messages on news websites based in the state saying a state-wide effort is being organized and leave a contact number and see who calls.

Also check out past threads on Wyoming (and there were many in 2007) and give each of the people on them private messages and see if there are any Wyoming residents still on RPF.

tsai3904
08-16-2011, 11:23 PM
Why not start by dropping messages on news websites based in the state saying a state-wide effort is being organized and leave a contact number and see who calls.

Also check out past threads on Wyoming (and there were many in 2007) and give each of the people on them private messages and see if there are any Wyoming residents still on RPF.

I'm thinking about doing a robocall like what we did for Ames to find only dedicated RP supporters. I don't want to get a RP supporter signed up and later changes his support to another candidate in a couple months.

I've contacted several people from Wyoming and have been in contact but it seems like they check their messages every couple weeks.

Evilfox
08-16-2011, 11:27 PM
Im already a delegate for the GOP in florida. working on getting more.