PDA

View Full Version : What if the unthinkable happened?

Ytrebil
08-16-2011, 08:36 PM
What if Ron were to start coming dangerously close to becoming the president or "worse" yet actually become the elected leader of this country, and then he was involved in a fatal plane or car "accident" or even shot. What do you think would happen? Riots? What would you personally do?

This hypothetical is not that far-fetched, let's not forget Andrew Jackson or JFK (which some will disagree with). I've also thought that maybe he's become to big that it would only create a martyr, but it's something that I've thought about from time to time and would love to hear other opinions on.

I personally lean to hoping that he has become to big and they wouldn't want to create a martyr but instead will try to make his presidency as miserable as possible while being attacked by ALL facets of the media. But if he started to really turn up the dial on bringing competition into the market vs. the dollar he could be in trouble.

If this horrible event did occur I don't see how there wouldn't be massive uprisings. Especially turned on the people "investigating" the accident, because you know we would scrutinize the ever living shit out of every detail about it. Hell it might even be the start of what many here think is the inevitable complete police-state.

Has anyone else thought about this? What are your thoughts?

LibertyEagle
08-16-2011, 08:41 PM
Dr. Paul knows the danger.

Our job right now is to try our hardest to get him elected.

Aratus
08-16-2011, 08:41 PM
ron paul has high odds of having a presidency exactly like that of calvin coolidge.

trey4sports
08-16-2011, 08:42 PM
What if Ron were to start coming dangerously close to becoming the president or "worse" yet actually become the elected leader of this country, and then he was involved in a fatal plane or car "accident" or even shot. What do you think would happen? Riots? What would you personally do?

This hypothetical is not that far-fetched, let's not forget Andrew Jackson or JFK (which some will disagree with). I've also thought that maybe he's become to big that it would only create a martyr, but it's something that I've thought about from time to time and would love to hear other opinions on.

I personally lean to hoping that he has become to big and they wouldn't want to create a martyr but instead will try to make his presidency as miserable as possible while being attacked by ALL facets of the media. But if he started to really turn up the dial on bringing competition into the market vs. the dollar he could be in trouble.

If this horrible event did occur I don't see how there wouldn't be massive uprisings. Especially turned on the people "investigating" the accident, because you know we would scrutinize the ever living shit out of every detail about it. Hell it might even be the start of what many here think is the inevitable complete police-state.

i doubt your intentions are bad, but this can only stir up trouble.

kah13176
08-16-2011, 08:43 PM
A well-chosen liberty-oriented Vice President would assume the office.

fisharmor
08-16-2011, 08:44 PM
How many people got killed in the middle east over the last 10 years? A million?
How many riots have happened over that?

Every other player on the field is a priest for the state-god.
Ron Paul isn't a statesman. He's an apostate.
I think that he will be treated as apostates always are, in the face of the majority of the populace adhering to a particular religion.
Death is certainly on the table.

I've got two young daughters. If you don't, you don't understand this.
I'm not starting a riot. May join one past a critical mass, but not starting one.
The only thing I can do, long term, is continue to be an apostate, and try to convince others that the god of the official American religion is false.

pcosmar
08-16-2011, 08:46 PM
Continue.
Pray,, and deal with consequences as they arise.

brushfire
08-16-2011, 08:50 PM
That's a question that is waaaay down the road, but a valid one to consider after Ron gets on the ticket.

He'll be pi$$ing in a LOT of establishment cheerios, and I'm sure they're not going to like the taste of pi$$.

acptulsa
08-16-2011, 08:51 PM
What will happen?

History will come to judge the perpetrators as harshly as it judges the big mouth of Marie Antoinette.

Aliangel
08-16-2011, 08:52 PM
That is why Ron Paul needs a large security detail. We cant afford anything happening to him. He should limit public exposure and stay behind glass at all times.

Im sorry but thats the reality we live in and he needs better protection.

Ytrebil
08-16-2011, 08:52 PM
I certainly didn't mean to stir anything up. It's just that I've had this in the back of my head for awhile and needed to get some feedback. Am I only the one who has had this thought?

I guess I looking to see if you guys think this is a true possibility or I'm just being paranoid.

Aliangel
08-16-2011, 08:55 PM
I certainly didn't mean to stir anything up. It's just that I've had this in the back of my head for awhile and needed to get some feedback. Am I only the one who has had this thought?

I guess I looking to see if you guys think this is a true possibility or I'm just being paranoid.

No trust me, I worry about him everyday.

ghengis86
08-16-2011, 08:56 PM

definitely possible. what i would do? i'd make that decision then. for now, we need to get him to that position to even worry about what the response would be.

libertybrewcity
08-16-2011, 08:57 PM
They wouldn't do that. They know they'd be asking for it. The real trouble would come after he BECAME president and actually threatened their interests.

acptulsa
08-16-2011, 08:58 PM

The fact that you're trying to get people to state what they would do in the event is a clear and present indication that you're nowhere near paranoid enough.

And I heartily recommend that no one answer that question--sober or not. Indeed, OP, if you're truly not a troll you'll prove it by removing that particular question from your post using the edit function.

Seraphim
08-16-2011, 08:59 PM
I disagree.

That is a measure of defeat.

I do not see the good Dr. cowering in such a manner. He will accept his fate and push on until the moment he dies (natural or otherwise).

That is why Ron Paul needs a large security detail. We cant afford anything happening to him. He should limit public exposure and stay behind glass at all times.

Aliangel
08-16-2011, 09:04 PM
I disagree.

That is a measure of defeat.

I do not see the good Dr. cowering in such a manner. He will accept his fate and push on until the moment he dies (natural or otherwise).

This is not about courage or accepting fate, just rational steps to protect the only man who could turn our country around (in the forseeable future).

If we do well in IA and NH, his protection should be a priority.

Johnny Appleseed
08-16-2011, 09:13 PM
Delete this thread and put it out of your mind! Negative thoughts can not produce positive results! Imagine greatness!

satchelmcqueen
08-16-2011, 09:17 PM
if somethng happened to him id def blame the government. to many times theyve killed people to keep their agenda. even helping big oil. look up stan myers.

pcosmar
08-16-2011, 09:18 PM

A better question to give your honest consideration to,,,

What happens if Ron Paul is not elected and things continue as they are?

I hope that question keeps you up at night

Sam I am
08-16-2011, 09:19 PM

I'd say that Obama has more of that sort of trouble right now than Ron Paul would have

Ytrebil
08-16-2011, 09:19 PM
Delete this thread and put it out of your mind! Negative thoughts can not produce positive results! Imagine greatness!

This thread is not indicative of us winning in this election, because I'm pretty optimistic that we're going to get to a point that the elitists are going to have to start making difficult decisions regarding us.

american.swan
08-16-2011, 09:20 PM
Dr. Ron Paul knows exactly what what he's doing. He's no fool.

Deborah K
08-16-2011, 09:23 PM

You think this hasn't occurred to EVERYONE who wants him to be President? Why speak such things into existance?

Gumba of Liberty
08-16-2011, 09:24 PM

Rand Paul would announce his candidacy for President.

Deborah K
08-16-2011, 09:25 PM
How many people got killed in the middle east over the last 10 years? A million?
How many riots have happened over that?

Every other player on the field is a priest for the state-god.
Ron Paul isn't a statesman. He's an apostate.
I think that he will be treated as apostates always are, in the face of the majority of the populace adhering to a particular religion.
Death is certainly on the table.

I've got two young daughters. If you don't, you don't understand this.
I'm not starting a riot. May join one past a critical mass, but not starting one.
The only thing I can do, long term, is continue to be an apostate, and try to convince others that the god of the official American religion is false.

Would you mind clarifying what you mean by "the official American religion"?

Ytrebil
08-16-2011, 09:27 PM
A better question to give your honest consideration to,,,

What happens if Ron Paul is not elected and things continue as they are?

I hope that question keeps you up at night

It used to. I had to become numb to it because it started to consume me. Then I started loading up on silver and other stuff. Not a cure all answer, but it helps.

KramerDSP
08-16-2011, 10:10 PM
I'd say that Obama has more of that sort of trouble right now than Ron Paul would have

Hmm? I don't quite follow.

Sam I am
08-16-2011, 10:16 PM
Hmm? I don't quite follow.

Obama has gotten more death threats than any president in history.

And all presidents, good and bad, get a lot of negative media attention, but I've never seen it be so immediate and relentless as the negative attention directed at Obama over these last 3 years.

Philhelm
08-16-2011, 10:39 PM

I wish I could be a part of his security team. :(