PDA

View Full Version : It should have been Michelle Bachmann's day...

civusamericanus
08-16-2011, 08:23 PM
Michelle Bachmann won the straw poll, and as tradition goes, she should have been the main focus.

The only person who seems to have honored this is Ron Paul. After Ames, Ron Paul was not ask for a single interview.

However, classless Rick Perry, tried to steal the thunder from not only Michelle Bachmann, but the people of Iowa.

I'd love to see the campaign pound Rick Perry for his lack of class, and his outright assault on Michelle Bachmann and the people of Iowa.

The media and politicians are simply bullies trying to push around an older American like Ron Paul, who is brilliant and has kept his health his entire life. But because he is older, they think they can push him around! I'm getting real tired of seeing good people like Ron Paul get pushed around. None of us would allow it for our grandparents, or any other older American. Ron Paul might be older, but he can out think any of the bullies, I love seeing him surge with the publicity, of the media's bulling!

They can keep trying to push Ron Paul over the cliff, but sooner or later, they're going to get a bloody nose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5ZSDCvUwN8

acptulsa
08-16-2011, 08:31 PM
Oh, well. While you're at it, give Pawlenty some for stealing the spotlight by dropping out that same day.

And throw a little credit for a lack of class to Bachmann herself for booking half a dozen media appearances in advance, just to make sure she had plenty of spotlight whether she won or not.

Plenty of lack of class to go around Sunday. Plenty.

pacu44
08-16-2011, 08:34 PM
This was done to thwart a possible Paul victory by having a story for the media... With a Bachman win, now they just ignore 2nd place with big storys on the liberal and the IRS tax attorney... The establishment is working hard to stop Paul... There is a two front attack on the establishment.

1. the Fractional Reserve System run by the Federal Reserve is dead, but the plug hasnt been pulled...
2. 12ON PAUL is leading the great awakening....

Some will say this is a conspiracy theory...
I say...
If it is true, it is not a conspiracy theory. It is a conspiracy...

geaux Ron Paul!!!

civusamericanus
08-16-2011, 08:50 PM
The Daily show plug, was over the top! Ron paul may win this for his 2nd place finish. And the 23 minute interview he did with his local ABC station, may provide the substance.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/video?id=8309942

justatrey
08-16-2011, 08:52 PM
Paul gives his own opinion about why he was largely ignored, in this great video recently posted in another thread:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?309678-Video-23-minute-Raw-interview-with-Ron-Paul

Cliff notes: Ron says even he was surprised at how little media attention he received. He also flat out states that it is his opinion that the 5 major networks are protecting the interests of the establishment.

In my opinion, it has nothing to do with pushing him around because of his age. If Paul were 35, the media would be acting exactly the same. I agree Bachmann won and deserved to be the main focus. However there is no question that Paul's very strong showing should have been the other major headline.

Fair coverage would have been distributed something like this, IMO

50% to Bachmann
30% to Paul
20% to other candidates (including some brief mentions of the fact that Perry joined the race)

instead of something like this:

50% to Bachmann
45% to Perry
4% to other candidates
1% to Paul

SkarnkaiLW
08-16-2011, 10:31 PM
Did anyone congratulate her on her win? Just curious may have happened but I forgot. I realize its fairly minor I guess, but it raised about half a million for the GOP in Iowa, and its just good sportsmanship. Although Ron and Bachmann share the same pool of Tea Party support, he could win some fans by points out how rediculous it all was. Then again I am an old fashioned guy who lives chivalry :)