PDA

View Full Version : How many of us are becoming delegates or being in charge of State GOP's to allow it?

dude58677
08-16-2011, 06:08 PM
Are any of us becoming in charge of State GOP's so we can allow delegates to vote for Ron Paul?

robertwerden
08-16-2011, 06:16 PM
I was a county and State Delegate in 2008 for Ron Paul. It was so easy it is not even funny.
Vote
Come back after the voting ends and wait by the room where you voted
The chairman will invite you in and you can then say that you want to be a delegate for Ron Paul. Don't try and pretend you are a delegate for anyone else, you want to be known as a Ron Paul supporter. (biggest mistake people made last time was to pretend they wanted McCain)
Tell the precinct chair you have a few friends who could not make it who want to take any empty seats. Trust me this is important to get on the books ahead of time. Tell them you will get an affidavit from them if needed. What this does is prevent empty spots from being voted on by non Ron Paul supporters.
I went to the county convention and the precinct chair voted for 5 other people who where not even there because no one else claimed the spots. Easy way to get extra votes in and show you know your shit and are not going to get sandbagged by the chairman.

Also join your local ron paul meetup group, they will be the people who are well versed in Roberts Rules Of Order. These people will speak at the county convention and call for every trick in the book to prevent anyone other than Ron Paul from getting the nomination. Remember Nevada?

TexasJake
08-16-2011, 06:22 PM
My wife and I have every intention being delegates if at all possible and I'm working on others.