PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul and The Daily Show Bumps

iGGz
08-16-2011, 05:45 PM
---

Does anyone know about how many followers on Facebook Ron Paul gained from being mention on The Daily Show, and how many followers The Daily Show gained by mentioning Ron Paul?

---

CMoore
08-16-2011, 05:47 PM
He gained me.

asurfaholic
08-16-2011, 06:19 PM
He gained me.

Awesome!

Pheonix
08-16-2011, 06:20 PM
This doesn't answer your question, but here's a breakdown of the shows that mentioned RP Today/Yesterday and their estimated viewerships:

Daily Show - 1,513k
Situation Room (Cafferty File) - 669k
Piers Morgan - 631k
Philip Defranco (youtube) - 360k
Kudlow Report - 256k
-couldn't find one for Fox's "America's Election HQ which featured RP-

Total Viewership: 3,429k

realtonygoodwin
08-16-2011, 08:04 PM
I think Ron had around 448,000 the other day, and 456,000 now.

Steve-in-NY
08-16-2011, 08:40 PM
Ive been watching for the past 15 minutes. So far Im seeing an average gain of 7 per minute.
I may monitor this with a script or something,

satchelmcqueen
08-16-2011, 09:08 PM
stewart gained me

PEnemy
08-17-2011, 07:19 AM
Here's something surprising:

Jon Stewart mentioned Ron Paul and his straw poll performance again last night. He did it in passing, highlighting the inattention of the media.

Look it's not as good as him playing Ron Paul ads for 21 minutes, but it seems like he's not going to let this thing go. I'm sure when the comedy warrants it he'll bump the exposure time too.

V3n
08-17-2011, 07:26 AM
Jon Stewart has a huge Democrat following, and he picked the one segment from the debate that shows RP is anti-war.
That's the best 'ad' he could have played!
Ron Paul is the ONLY anti-war candidate in this election. Not even Peace-Prize winning Obama can claim he is anti-war this time around!

Paulistinian
08-17-2011, 08:51 AM
Jon Stewart has a huge Democrat following, and he picked the one segment from the debate that shows RP is anti-war.
Ron Paul is the ONLY anti-war candidate in this election. Not even Peace-Prize winning Obama can claim he is anti-war this time around!

This is exactly the perception that I had too... he chose the absolute best clip for Democrats from the debate. He truly did Ron a major service. I know on Reddit, a left leaning site, I personally got 3 people to register as Republicans yesterday by simply directing them to rockthevote.org
We can do this, guys...

zerosdontcount
08-17-2011, 09:31 AM
I've been watching both Bachmann and Paul for a while with their Facebook likes. About a month ago Bachmann passed Paul and was leading by 10,000 or so people. Ever since Ames and the Daily show that margin is shrinking. Ron will definitely surpass Bachmann very soon with Likes. I would guess within this week.

Article V
08-17-2011, 09:33 AM
I joined The Daily Show Facebook and Twitter after Jon Stewart exposed the media blackout. We need to reward honest reporting however and whenever we can.

Ron Paul must be heard!

kazmlsj
08-18-2011, 12:10 PM

EXACTLY! A huge sector of society who probably could have cared less about Iowa and the debate got to see a passionate Ron Paul and the debate audience's response. It is good to see the prostituted MSM exposed for what it is.

libertarian4321
08-18-2011, 11:20 PM

Yup.

I'm not sure how many of the "anti war" people are only "anti war" when Republican's are President (probably most of them), but for those who are truly against the war, and for whom the war is a major issue, some may trickle over to Ron Paul.

This time RP is the ONLY anti-war candidate.

king_nothing_
08-18-2011, 11:24 PM
I'm not sure how many of the "anti war" people are only "anti war" when Republican's are President (probably most of them), but for those who are truly against the war, and for whom the war is a major issue, some may trickle over to Ron Paul.

This time RP is the ONLY anti-war candidate.
I've been thinking about this a lot lately. This should be a huge deal, I think. There are tons of people out there who are anti-war regardless of who's in office. We should be reaching out to those people. Most probably have reservations about voting for someone with an (R) next to his name, but if it is explained to them that he is not aligned with current mainstream Republicanism, and is truly anti-war, they could be convinced.

Justinfrom1776
08-18-2011, 11:33 PM
I've been a fan of both all along.. Like Jack Hunter said "Jon Stewart is my favorite liberal, not because I like liberals but because he is honest and appreciates honesty and integrity" (paraphrase)

I feel the same way about Anderson Cooper.. I think Anderson respects Ron's honesty and authenticity and when his overlords allow him to have Ron on AC360 I feel Cooper always treats him fairly.

RonPaulVolunteer
08-19-2011, 12:05 AM
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/9903/screenshot20110819at120.png

Ron Paul Flix stats. Jon Stewart is a big deal!

Imaginos
08-19-2011, 07:00 AM
Kudos to Jon.
He's a liberal but he's an honest man who deserves respect.
And it's about time to let a new mantra to be heard all round the world.
Repeat after me, "Ron Paul CAN WIN, Ron Paul CAN WIN, Ron Paul CAN WIN!"

fatjohn
08-19-2011, 07:06 AM

Yes and in addition he also showed the best poll that Paul has ever gotten. The national gallup poll with 14% for Paul. It's like bash bash bash. So much epicness in those four minutes. Half of it just went over your head.