Barack Obama (D-inc) 62%
Sarah Palin (R) 28%

Barack Obama (D-inc) 57%
Rick Perry (R) 28%

Barack Obama (D-inc) 54%
Mitt Romney (R) 34%

Kotin
08-16-2011, 04:01 PM
What bullshit.. We continually own this guy in the polls and Ames and yet he still included?? Not even trying to hide it anymore are ya PPP? they know as well as we that Ron destroys Obama.

tsai3904
08-16-2011, 04:03 PM
Cain polled higher than Paul in their last National primary poll. It seems like they are using their National primary poll as a guide.

rich34
08-16-2011, 04:04 PM
I reckon its way to expensive for the campaign or us to fund our own polls

sailingaway
08-16-2011, 04:07 PM
We know why. Ron beats Obama in a ton of states. They'll only put him in ones where they think he won't, imho.

JoshLowry
08-16-2011, 04:07 PM
http://i.imgur.com/9vjcO.jpg

D.A.S.
08-16-2011, 04:08 PM
I wrote to that guy (Dustin?) before, at this link (http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2011/07/obama-in-perilous-shape.html), saying:

"You include Pawlenty and Cain, both of whom poll below Paul, so where's Paul?"

His response was:

"Pawlenty now does...barely, but we started including him because he was briefly polling in the double digits. Paul hasn't ever done that nationally. And Cain still does, despite losing his flavor-of-the-month status to Bachmann."

That was from mid-July! I guess that guy still thinks that Paul has never polled in the double digits nationally, despite two recent polls showing him in the double digits. When was Herman Cain polled in the double digits, by the way??

It has to be because Paul poses the biggest threat to Obama, and the PPP seem to be firmly pro-Obama.

sailingaway
08-16-2011, 04:09 PM
I can't remember the last time they did a national primary poll. How long do they intend to keep using that one?

Aratus
08-16-2011, 04:09 PM
vermont is now polling sorta akin to the bay state? is doctor ron paul to be excluded because his
numbers against our potus are better than michele and mitt's let alone all others in the running???

Epic
08-16-2011, 04:16 PM
Those are awfully high numbers for a president who garners 39% approval among adults.

boneyard bill
08-16-2011, 11:59 PM
I reckon its way to expensive for the campaign or us to fund our own polls

The campaign has hired a pollster, but I don't suppose they're putting out the results. Actual campaigns are less interested in the standing than in how voters react to issues and the way that issues are presented. The way I've been hearing Ron Paul talk these days about the "status quo" that his opponents represent suggests to me that his pollster is finding that the public is pretty unhappy with the status quo these days and that they react very positively to the use of those words to describe their unhappiness.

BUSHLIED
08-17-2011, 12:00 AM
The campaign has hired a pollster, but I don't suppose they're putting out the results. Actual campaigns are less interested in the standing than in how voters react to issues and the way that issues are presented. The way I've been hearing Ron Paul talk these days about the "status quo" that his opponents represent suggests to me that his pollster is finding that the public is pretty unhappy with the status quo these days and that they react very positively to the use of those words to describe their unhappiness.

Most people don't know what the status quo is or what he is referring to...."politics as usual" is a much better phrase to use.

realtonygoodwin
08-17-2011, 12:24 AM
Looks like they do one every 5 or 6 weeks, and the most recent one had Paul with 9%. That was done July 15-17.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-17-2011, 04:27 AM
Hit them up on Twitter

asurfaholic
08-17-2011, 04:37 AM
Most people don't know what the status quo is or what he is referring to...."politics as usual" is a much better phrase to use.

agreed. I had never heard that term before I joined the revolution..

LibertyEagle
08-17-2011, 04:46 AM
I wrote to that guy (Dustin?) before, at this link (http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2011/07/obama-in-perilous-shape.html), saying:

"You include Pawlenty and Cain, both of whom poll below Paul, so where's Paul?"

His response was:

"Pawlenty now does...barely, but we started including him because he was briefly polling in the double digits. Paul hasn't ever done that nationally. And Cain still does, despite losing his flavor-of-the-month status to Bachmann."

That was from mid-July! I guess that guy still thinks that Paul has never polled in the double digits nationally, despite two recent polls showing him in the double digits. When was Herman Cain polled in the double digits, by the way??

It has to be because Paul poses the biggest threat to Obama, and the PPP seem to be firmly pro-Obama.

Write him back again and quote his words back to him and see what he comes up with as an excuse now.

Philmanoman
08-17-2011, 06:04 AM
agreed. I had never heard that term before I joined the revolution..

Ive had that happen to me multiple times.When Im talking to someone and mention the status quo and they were like..."WTF is that"

Wonder if that hurts Ron in pulling people in since he mentions it every now and then

realtonygoodwin
08-17-2011, 09:58 AM
In a couple weeks PPP should have a new national poll out. They aren't going to change anything until then, so let's not antagonize them.