PDA

View Full Version : Why our 2nd Place is Powerful...

dusman
08-16-2011, 02:53 PM
We have been discussing on the boards since the straw poll how 2nd place might work out better. I think for the past few days, we've started to doubt that idea.

Yet, I see a shift and I know a lot of you are seeing it too. The media made a big mistake with how they handled the finish. It was so dramatically close, they can't discredit him. But they have and I think the whole country is about to make a huge shift.

New Gingrich, whom isn't really considered viable, but resonates well with the neo-conservative crowd, I think woke up some people. He openly countered the media on his own favorite network and I bet everyone watching agreed with him 100%.

Yesterday, we saw a clear black-out being pushed. Drudge and Politico shifted the tide and Twitter was blowing up about it too.

Check this out:

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/08/16/ron-paul-he-who-shall-not-be-named/

I didn't get to see the Jon Stewart piece, but that is one of the best things I've seen this year. This is going to become a big story and the whole media is going to get backlashed on it.

This can only help boost our numbers and help the American people realize there is a reason it's being suppressed. I thought Ron Paul's interview on FOX today was one of the best he's done and he only further corroborated what Jon Stewart revealed.

I am very excited and I think you all should be too!

Here are some awesome comments to indulge on!

"I've considered myself a liberal, progressive till now. After watching Jon's video of Ron Paul blasting the establishment for our multiple boondoggle wars - I'm voting for Ron all the way this time. It's time we really shake up Washington."

"It's interesting to note that money is often cited as a factor in coverage. Paul's fundraising is excellent. I've yet to see a discussion/article about this particular factor coupled with this particular controversy." I double this notion.. we should apply some pressure for this.

"I'm glad others noticed this omission in the straw poll coverage. It was almost bizarre in it entirety. Perhaps a better question is, if everyone agrees that Ron Paul is still an illegitimate candidate after coming so close to winning the straw poll, why is Michele Bauchmann anointed a front runner for winning it? Can't have it both ways."

"There is an obvious attempt by much of the establishment to marginalize the candidacy of the one GOP candidate who can unseat Obama. The good news is that the internet is a great equalizer and the truth is getting out.

Morton Blackwell has a maxim that "Moral outrage is the most powerful force in politics" And your own William Safire (RIP) echoes this in his excellent book "The First Dissident" I think these "blackout" attempts will sink the "approval" ratings of the MSM to further abysmal lows and will energize the growing base of support for Dr. Paul.

Thank you NYT for asking the question"

Just thought I would share.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-16-2011, 04:01 PM
We can fly under the radar avoiding some of the attacks while Perry Bachmann and Mitt duke it out raising each other's negatives.