PDA

View Full Version : Cracked - The 6 Dumbest Things Schools Are Doing in the Name of Safety

Eleventh Star
08-16-2011, 01:58 PM
http://www.cracked.com/article_19339_the-6-dumbest-things-schools-are-doing-in-name-safety.html

Of course, it's all for the children. Literally. #6 is awesomely frightening.

Kludge
08-16-2011, 02:04 PM
"... [Imposing fines on school kids] make some kind of sense if most of the between 4,000 and 6,000 students who were ticketed since 2005 were high schoolers. After all, high school kids are almost adults, and the bad stuff they do is probably more along the lines of fighting and vandalism than making faces at a teacher. But that isn't the case. Many of the tickets are being written for elementary school kids, such as the 92 criminal citations given to 10-year-olds in Dallas in 2006 and 2007. Several districts ticketed kids as young as 6.

Since the police are writing the tickets, the schools are out of the loop. That's right: Your 10-year-old kid gets a ticket, he gets to go to court and talk to a judge about why he was swearing. Between court costs and having to take time off work to drive the juvenile delinquents down to the court house to explain why they were being ... er ... kids, it's costing parents a lot more than the fines, even if some of those are commuted to community service."

wut.

ThePiousPriest
08-16-2011, 02:15 PM
Having some experience in the education field, I will say that public schools border on a prison like environment. While it may not exactly be a total control institution, it is close to it and children have no sort of due process in the system, despite whatever the handbooks or district procedures exist. For this reason alone, when I do have kids, I do not want them in a Public School system. My girlfriend and I were both going to be teachers so we could easily Home-School the kids ourselves. It's only going to get worse if things stay the way they are as Obama is being very sly with Arne Duncan about Education. Recently there were talks about "loosening standards on NCLB" if schools did certain things Obama's way. While I don't tolerate disrespect for a teacher (being on the receiving end of such will open your world a bit), these folks that occupy our schools have a SERIOUS power trip.

Grubb556
08-16-2011, 02:50 PM
……………………………………..________
………………………………,.-€˜€……………….“~.,
………………………..,.-€……………………………..€œ-.,
…………………….,/………………………………………..€:,
…………………,?………………………………………………\,
………………./…………………………………………………..,}
……………../………………………………………………,:`^`..}
……………/……………………………………………,:€………/
…………..?…..__…………………………………..:`………../
…………./__.(…..€œ~-,_…………………………,:`………./
………../(_….€~,_……..€œ~,_………………..,:`…….._/
……….{.._$;_……€=,_…….€œ-,_…….,.-~-,},.~€;/….}
………..((…..*~_…….€=-._……€œ;,,./`…./€…………../
…,,,___.\`~,……€œ~.,………………..`…..}…………../
…………(….`=-,,…….`……………………(……;_,,-€
…………/.`~,……`-………………………….\……/\
………….\`~.*-,……………………………….|,./…..\,__
,,_……….}.>-._\……………………………..|…………..`=~-,
…..`=~-,_\_……`\,……………………………\
……………….`=~-,,.\,………………………….\
…………………………..`:,,………………………`\…………..__
……………………………….`=-,……………….,%`>–==“
…………………………………._\……….._,-%…….`\
……………………………..,< `.._|_,-&``................`\

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-16-2011, 02:51 PM
Always carry a knife, learn to throw knives. You CAN distract a gunmen enough with a knife to the arm to escape or further disable him.

Kludge
08-16-2011, 02:53 PM
Always carry a knife, learn to throw knives. You CAN distract a gunmen enough with a knife to the arm to escape or further disable him.
... But there are quite a few gunmen monitoring the metal detector at the zero-tolerance no-weapons school. You'll need to be a pretty speedy draw.

DamianTV
08-16-2011, 03:35 PM
http://www.cracked.com/article_19339_the-6-dumbest-things-schools-are-doing-in-name-safety.html

Of course, it's all for the children. Literally. #6 is awesomely frightening.

I saw this article the other day. The Electronic Monitoring of Students is beyond frightening. When these kids grow up and have kids, how open do you think they will be to a complete and total Surveillance Society?

---

Edit: Rereading, some of this stuff is beyond Scary!

Ankle device keeps track of students
GPS program lets court officials monitor truants

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/5961312.html

Truants are now felons. This shows how serious they are about brainwashing our kids!