PDA

View Full Version : Drudge Report: Ron Paul Ad Blasts Obama, GOP Field...

FrankRep
08-16-2011, 12:50 PM
RON PAUL AD BLASTS OBAMA, GOP FIELD...
http://www.DrudgeReport.com/

Link:

Ron Paul calls GOP contenders 'smooth-talking politicians' [Video]
http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-ron-paul-gop-20110816,0,1093453.story

sailingaway
08-16-2011, 01:01 PM
Ron Paul, the libertarian wolf dressed in Republican clothing

we don't need that 'fake Republican' meme, although I suspect the LA Times meant it as a compliment. However the wolf part is right, and he is done playing around.

FrankRep
08-16-2011, 01:02 PM
we don't need that 'fake Republican' meme, although I suspect the LA Times meant it as a compliment. However the wolf part is right, and he is done playing around.

From what I see, Ron Paul supporters brag about how Libertarian they are.

sailingaway
08-16-2011, 01:04 PM

You have a chip on your shoulder about libertarianism, from my point of view. Some of his supporters are libertarian some libertarian leaning, paleoconservatives, Constitutionalists... there is a huge overlap. Some of his 'keeper of the label' libertarian conservatives wear thin with me by insisting 'this is what a libertarian has to think' as if we should be more interested in labels than principles. However, you say that as if a few were the majority, and I think they are a tiny minority, here.

AGRP
08-16-2011, 01:18 PM

What is it with the labels? Ron Paul = Constitution

What is it about the Constitution do you feel the need to call someone who follows it to the T that they must be labeled a "Libertarian?"

Is a "Republican" supposed to be something different; something unconstitutional? The way I see it, there are no labels as everyone should obey the Constitution.

FrankRep
08-16-2011, 01:23 PM
What is it with the labels? Ron Paul = Constitution

What is it about the Constitution do you feel the need to call someone who follows it to the T that they must be labeled a "Libertarian?"

Is a "Republican" supposed to be something different; something unconstitutional? The way I see it, there are no labels as everyone should obey the Constitution.

Just remember what/how the average voter thinks.

Labels are critical to the success/failure of a politician.

speciallyblend
08-16-2011, 01:26 PM
Just remember what/how the average voter thinks.

Labels are critical to the success/failure of a politician.

the new label is the gop is a failure since they are being elected not libertarians!! If it wasn't for ron paul's libertarian views . i would of told the gop to die awhile back!!

the republican label reminds me of dingleberries,bad case of the runs and crap, all 3 combined. so if you want to bash libertarians. I want to flush republicans as a label down the toilet forever!! Unless the gop becomes a Ron Paul Republican , libertarians are the heart and pulse of the gop as far as i am concerned!!

FrankRep
08-16-2011, 01:42 PM
the republican label reminds me of dingleberries,bad case of the runs and crap, all 3 combined.

I want to flush republicans as a label down the toilet forever!!

Not the best way to win the hearts and minds of the Republican Party.

Aratus
08-16-2011, 03:00 PM
lets give Drudge his journalistic credit & due for following the story with its complex overview and tonal totality!

speciallyblend
08-16-2011, 03:06 PM

well then the failed gop leadership better wash the crap of them before they are mistaken for shit!

speciallyblend
08-16-2011, 03:06 PM

as you toss your own labels out there! I would rather be labeled with republican/dem/indy with libertarian leanings. then be known as a neo-con /gop est republican!!

realtonygoodwin
08-16-2011, 03:19 PM
There are people here who don't consider themselves Constitutionalists.